Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta Charge Pipe Kit R&D, Results, and Information

I talked to them about this as well. originally they posted they would include a MAP adapter plate. They ended up not doing it because it interferes with the engine cover. Luckily I bought the Boomba spacers and the TB spacer has a port which I used to get a MAP reference.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #82
Upon install, Teeing off the OEM hardline right behind the throttle body allows for proper installation.

Upon install, Teeing off the OEM hardline right behind the throttle body allows for proper installation.
Thanks, I'll check it out this weekend as I want to sell my old Kompact Shortie kit.

Another question, I don't believe the sensor port on the cold-side pipe (sensor between BOV and throttle body) came with a screw in the kit, or if it did I may have lost it. The threads are definitely different from stock as the screw from the stock cold-side charge pipe did not fit in the tapped hole on the MAP pipe. Do you happen to have the screw size/TPI information? I was able to temporarily re-use a screw that came with the Kompact Shortie to hold down this sensor as it was the perfect size/TPI to fit in the tapped hole on the MAP pipe but I would like to get a replacement due to wanting to sell the Kompact Shortie kit whole.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #84
Thanks, I'll check it out this weekend as I want to sell my old Kompact Shortie kit.

Another question, I don't believe the sensor port on the cold-side pipe (sensor between BOV and throttle body) came with a screw in the kit, or if it did I may have lost it. The threads are definitely different from stock as the screw from the stock cold-side charge pipe did not fit in the tapped hole on the MAP pipe. Do you happen to have the screw size/TPI information? I was able to temporarily re-use a screw that came with the Kompact Shortie to hold down this sensor as it was the perfect size/TPI to fit in the tapped hole on the MAP pipe but I would like to get a replacement due to wanting to sell the Kompact Shortie kit whole.
That should be m6x16

jayrod1980

Question... has anyone here that has these pipes had an issue with chassis braces? I'm looking to get the Pierce or TB under chassis brace and it seems like there might be clearance issues. I'd like to not buy a part just to have to sell it if the brace doesn't clear. Anyone?

Izzy

Not knocking the vendor, but the support bracket on my Cobb charge kit (hot side) snapped at the connection point near the stud and nut. I'm not too worried about it as the charge pipe still feels stable (and the hose connections aren't loose) even though it's been cleanly snapped, but I am curious if anyone else has had this happen.

To be fair I have not addressed this with Cobb, and when I get back home from vacation (in Canada this week) I will take pictures and allow Cobb the opportunity to address it.

Nice kit, and I like the idea of offering the BOV with the charge pipe set (thumbs up)
I had the same thing happen to me with their RMM installed. Haven't addressed it with Cobb either as the pipe feels firm on it's own.

Izzy

Question... has anyone here that has these pipes had an issue with chassis braces? I'm looking to get the Pierce or TB under chassis brace and it seems like there might be clearance issues. I'd like to not buy a part just to have to sell it if the brace doesn't clear. Anyone?
No issues with Pierce 6 point and Cobb pipes, but I'm also running the J-Line FMIC; so don't know if that shifts things a little.

Has anyone else installed these charge pipes with the Depo Racing intercooler? I had a few fitment issues and had to cut my cold side pipes a bit short. Curious if I'm the only one.

Has anyone else installed these charge pipes with the Depo Racing intercooler? I had a few fitment issues and had to cut my cold side pipes a bit short. Curious if I'm the only one.
The cold side doesn't fit at all mounting bracket is way off and they didnt even send me the hot side pipe. I typically don't get angry with vendors but they have me pretty furious at the moment. Depo, mtc and cobb etc are all factory fit intercoolers so the intercooler shouldn't be an issue as they advertise will fit with all factory location intercoolers.

The cold side doesn't fit at all mounting bracket is way off and they didnt even send me the hot side pipe. I typically don't get angry with vendors but they have me pretty furious at the moment.
I'm still working things out with MAP however the delay is mostly on my side. I'd suggest reaching out to them, they've been great to work with to resolve the issue.