Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune map says it's locked to another car?

Hey guys, I just purchased a used mountune accessport on the forums here. I am trying to install the base mountune map as everyone says it's better then the Cobb maps. The mountune maps are locked to the previous car...looks like I can install any of the Cobb ones...
I was told I could use the mountune maps, what do I do?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey guys, I just purchased a used mountune accessport on the forums here. I am trying to install the base mountune map as everyone says it's better then the Cobb maps. The mountune maps are locked to the previous car...looks like I can install any of the Cobb ones...
I was told I could use the mountune maps, what do I do?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
Sounds like the person who you bought it from did not unmarry it from his car.

J2FoRS

They did unmarry it. But you cannot use the mountune map. Mountune does it per car basis. I bought mine used when I first got my car expecting to use the base Mountune map too but it said the same thing it was locked to the previous owners car. I PM'd Randy and he said I was shit outta luck basically. I've been using Cobb OTS ever since awaiting more mods before having Adam do me a tune instead.

OP
H
Thread Starter #4
Wtf, so everyone has to pay 500$ to mountune?
This is bs...

J2FoRS

Although mine was bought from a 2015 FiST owner and mines 14. Maybe that mattered.
Here:

Hello Randy,
I recently purchased a used AP V3 from a user here. He had said it had a Mountune calibration with your Mountune stage 1 91. It shows in the maps list but says it is locked to his 2015 ST.
Is there any way for me to unlock this? I bought his specifically thinking I'd rock the mountune as I've heard nothing but great things in comparison to Cobb stage 1.*
Thanks for your time!
Jesse

Theres no way to make the program work unless the car is matched to the program. And that's not the case for you, unfortunately. You'd need all new Mountune programming.

Best Regards,

Randy Robles

They did unmarry it. But you cannot use the mountune map. Mountune does it per car basis. I bought mine used when I first got my car expecting to use the base Mountune map too but it said the same thing it was locked to the previous owners car. I PM'd Randy and he said I was shit outta luck basically. I've been using Cobb OTS ever since awaiting more mods before having Adam do me a tune instead.
WOOOO. Thanks for letting me know, I did not know that. On the other hand, that really sucks for [MENTION=2401]HPruneau[/MENTION] Sorry bud. Email Adam [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] he is the best tuner on here.

2006ser

Your car is a 14 his was a 15 of course it's going to be locked not all cars are the same

J2FoRS

Your car is a 14 his was a 15 of course it's going to be locked not all cars are the same
Wait a minute! This must be why the Cobb OTS maps didn't work either on my car since he was 2015 and I'm a 2014!?
Oh wait. They did work. Perfectly fine.
Point was that I THINK Mountune maps are vehicle specific, and therefore offered my experience with basically the exact same situation and my conversation with Mountune in order to perhaps be helpful.
Unlike your post pointing out exactly what I already said.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Hope you didn't pay more for the used AP thinking that the Mountune tune will work on your car.

OP
H
Thread Starter #11
Haha thanks guys. No I didn't pay extra, almost wish I had of purchased for more from mountune though. Yeah this Cobb ots stage 1 barely does anything. A bit better on the turbo lag but not gone :(

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Custom maps are locked to the specific car. Otherwise you can just pull it and send it to someone and they've got a free tune...or send it to someone who wants to be a tuner and suddenly they're handing out another guys work making money... It's not unfair, it's smart.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Custom maps are locked to the specific car. Otherwise you can just pull it and send it to someone and they've got a free tune...or send it to someone who wants to be a tuner and suddenly they're handing out another guys work making money... It's not unfair, it's smart.
^^^ This too! LOL [:p]

Custom programs are not the same for the '14 and '15 Fiesta ST. For the Cobb ots files the AP has all of them so it won't matter. For custom the years do matter when it comes to the Fiesta. If anyone needs help with programming please let me know. :)