Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Exhaust Review

Hey Everyone,

I got around to installing my new exhaust a few days ago, and after a few days of driving it around I wanted to share my experience with it so far.

1st impressions:

This this is beautiful, clean and precise welds everywhere, shiny, and fits like a glove. Even the packaging it came with was impressive, everything was wrapped with a Styrofoam wrap. Comes with an included gasket and all hardware.

Install:

Install was straight forward. All three sections are held together with these sleeve type joints. I thought that they would be prone to leaking, but after the install there were zero leaks. To take the old (2JR) exhaust off and the new one one took me about 30-35 minutes.

Drive:

This thing is awesome! It is quiet where it needs to be and loud where it needs to be as well. Casually driving around town, it is probably no different from stock, which is what I wanted. After having my 2JR exhaust on for over a year, I wanted something quiet that would not drone. And speaking of drone, this exhaust has none! total plus.

My only issue was with the hangers that I had (stock + some random Summit Racing Hangers) the exhaust sat way too high, enough to the point where it was rubbing against my rear bumper. What I did to remedy the situation was shove some 17mm nuts in-between my hangers to get them to extend just a tad more, nothing like a little Red Neck Engineering! [giggle]

Overall this is a quality piece and I would recommend it to everyone

Obligatory video!
[video=youtube;YlbLkb5JEcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbLkb5JEcA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Great looking and sounding car!

What brand/size wheels on the white FIST? Look nice from what I could see...

It is true that’s add 21 whp over Stock ecu? Or it is just a marketing term? I’m undecided regarding the best exhaust system.

I think the confusion is you asked about HP gains over stock ECU, but this thread is referencing an exhaust system.

So I'll take a guess that you were asking if the exhaust leads to a +21hp gain over the stock exhaust. Based on everything I've read, the answer is no. I believe the consensus is that for the stock turbo, there is very, very little to gain from a cat-back exhaust. There may be a very small gain from a turbo back using a catless downpipe or hi-flow catted downpipe. If we are talking about an upgraded turbo - maybe some power to be found there. But I seriously doubt anything near a 21 HP gain.

I'm not an expert, but if you read the marketing materials for many cat-back systems, you will find very little actual data. It just isn't there for FiSTs. The purpose is mainly to add a pleasing sound.

I think the confusion is you asked about HP gains over stock ECU, but this thread is referencing an exhaust system.

So I'll take a guess that you were asking if the exhaust leads to a +21hp gain over the stock exhaust. Based on everything I've read, the answer is no. I believe the consensus is that for the stock turbo, there is very, very little to gain from a cat-back exhaust. There may be a very small gain from a turbo back using a catless downpipe or hi-flow catted downpipe. If we are talking about an upgraded turbo - maybe some power to be found there. But I seriously doubt anything near a 21 HP gain.

I'm not an expert, but if you read the marketing materials for many cat-back systems, you will find very little actual data. It just isn't there for FiSTs. The purpose is mainly to add a pleasing sound.
Thank you for your comment.