Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Camshaft Kit - FiST

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Camshaft-Kit-Ford-1-6L-EcoBoost-V1-p/6064-cs1-aak.htm

Application : All 1.6L Ford EcoBoost Engines including Fiest ST

Includes :
Mountune V1 Camshaft set (6064-CS1-AA)
Mountune V1 Valve Spring Set (6064-VS1-AA)
Mountune has been engineering camshafts for multi-valve Ford engines for over 35 years. Our extensive background in engine development and motorsports results in a camshaft profile that delivers power across a broad RPM range. Designed for excellent turbocharger response thereby increasing torque and power, each Mountune camshaft is ground from brand new blanks on a BERCO LYNX 2000 CNC camshaft grinder to professional standards by our technical partner Piper Cams. Each camshaft is then de-burred and with special attention to lobe edges to protect camshaft followers from premature wear. This attention to detail ensures accuracy and quality that is only found at the highest levels of motorsport.

Our "V1" profile with added lift and duration enhance the mid to top end power and compliments the stock turbo on the 1.6L Focus ST. The included upgraded V1 valve spring set is matched to this camshaft profile and provides optimized valve control during sustained high rpm applications such as track day and drag race use.

Precision ground from new blanks
Broad power band maintains drivability
Excellent all around camshaft profile

Camshaft Features:

Power Band 1800-6500 rpm
Intake Duration 240° (OE Duration 228°)
Exhaust Duration 224° (OE Duration 212°)
Intake Valve Lift 8.3mm (OE 7.59mm)
Exhaust Valve Lift 6.57mm (OE 6.19mm)

Valve Spring Features:
Wound from high quality German steel
Steel retainer set included

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Consider me interwsted. I would need to see dyno graphs showing before and after on an untuned car and with tuning. Cams are not the most cost effective mod so dyno graphs are a must. I've had cams on my Subaru and they complimented my turbo upgrade nicely. Looking forward to see what the curves look like on these.

Drives me nuts when they do not tell you actual/estimated power increases. $1100 is a chunk of change for a cam "that delivers power across a broad RPM range"......

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Good luck with those Re badged piper cams. I hear the gears are pressed on and are know to slip. Potentially causing ptv. A friend of mine recently installed piper cams on his focus st and i believe the cams moved something like 8 degrees on the intake and exhaust in a week of use. I was seriously interested in piper cams for my st until I found this out from my friend.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
There are two kits.

Application : All 1.6L Ford EcoBoost Engines including Fiesta ST

Includes :
  • Mountune V1 Camshaft set (6064-CS2-AA)
  • Mountune V1 Valve Spring Set (6064-VS1-AA)

Mountune has been engineering camshafts for multi-valve Ford engines for over 35 years. Our extensive background in engine development and motorsports results in a camshaft profile that delivers power across a broad RPM range. Designed for excellent turbocharger response thereby increasing torque and power, each Mountune camshaft is ground from brand new blanks on a BERCO LYNX 2000 CNC camshaft grinder to professional standards by our technical partner Piper Cams. Each camshaft is then de-burred and with special attention to lobe edges to protect camshaft followers from premature wear. This attention to detail ensures accuracy and quality that is only found at the highest levels of motorsport.

Our "V2" profile with added lift and duration enhance the mid to top end power and works well with larger than stock turbochargers. The included upgraded V1 valve spring set is matched to this camshaft profile and provides optimized valve control during sustained high rpm applications such as track day and drag race use.

• Precision ground from new blanks
  • Broad power band maintains drivability
  • Excellent all around camshaft profile

Camshaft Features:

• Power Band 2000-7000 rpm
  • Intake Duration 260° (OE Duration 228°)
  • Exhaust Duration 244° (OE Duration 212°)
  • Intake Valve Lift 8.64mm (OE 7.59mm)
  • Exhaust Valve Lift 7.32mm (OE 6.19mm)
  • Valve Spring Features:
  • Wound from high quality German steel

Steel retainer set included

Man the Fiesta ST is getting some love recently from all vendors. I like it!!!!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I actually had a set of Piper Cams on my '11 Fiesta.
As on the non-ST the ST uses the OE cam sprockets and advancers.
They are pined to the cams so slipping should not be an issue.

Dave

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm surprised there is not at least a "claimed HP gain". Now, I really don't care too much what the max HP and lb/ft gains would be, as much as I care about the power under the curve. Rather have 13HP spread out over a 3,000 rpm range than a 30Hp increase only available at redline for example with no noticeable gains anywhere else. It's all about useable power. Any of the Euro guys have anything to chime in on these cams? Looking forward to updates.

With Piper's stage 4 cams, ported and polished head with larger valves I would imagine Russ @DHM could hit 500whp. He has gone 425whp already...

Would the valve spring set included with the mountune cam shaft kit be suitable for use on the stage 4 cam profile?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
These would be awesome if they had a different profile (more fuel) for the HPFP lobe.