Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strife's 2015 OW Fiesta ST

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #41
Love your car! I'm interested in the wheels as well. They look great with the drop. Do you have any shots of the flaps from a more front or behind angle?
None that are any good. This is the best one I have but due to the darkness of the area, it's hard to see the flaps. I'll try to take a better one this weekend, hope this suffices for now:

Thanks! I think they look pretty damn good. I have the same exact set on my WRX and I love them. Wasn't sure how they'd flow with the FiST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
always thought they might look *too* rally for our cars, but they look good there
Ironically, the Evos and STIs which these flaps seem requisite for on the streets of this country are no longer used for the WRC (at the top levels, but yes, they are still the majority of the cars on our national Rally America events).

Whereas OUR cars, albeit in 3 door form, ARE the basis for a current WRC ride, so maybe mud flaps are MORE 'appropriate' for our rides now than the Scoobies and Mistsus they are so popular on?? LOL [biggrin]

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #47
Are different lugs necessary for mounting?
Yeah, the OEM lugs wont work.

Ironically, the Evos and STIs which these flaps seem requisite for on the streets of this country are no longer used for the WRC (at the top levels, but yes, they are still the majority of the cars on our national Rally America events).

Whereas OUR cars, albeit in 3 door form, ARE the basis for a current WRC ride, so maybe mud flaps are MORE 'appropriate' for our rides now than the Scoobies and Mistsus they are so popular on?? LOL [biggrin]
I went to a rally event out here to catch Tanner Foust race and the overwhelming majority of the cars were Fiestas. Then there was one VW Bug, one Civic and a WRX.

Mine are coming next Friday!
Nice, be careful tightening the nuts. Hardware is fragile.

always thought they might look *too* rally for our cars, but they look good there
Thanks! :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I went to a rally event out here to catch Tanner Foust race and the overwhelming majority of the cars were Fiestas. Then there was one VW Bug, one Civic and a WRX.
That was a Global Rallycross (GRC) event, which is VERY different (in format; wheel to wheel on ONE mixed surface course, vs. one at a time against the clock on many various stages, and in actual technical rules/specs for the cars themselves) from either a World Rally Championship (WRC) event, or the U.S. based Rally America championship events.

Any thoughts on getting a Catch Can? I am not totally happy with my Mishimoto Catch Can but it does the job. It has a leak and its been a pain in the ass to get their customer service to listen.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #51
Any thoughts on getting a Catch Can? I am not totally happy with my Mishimoto Catch Can but it does the job. It has a leak and its been a pain in the ass to get their customer service to listen.
I'm looking into it. I considered the Mishimoto piece but due to negative feedback from some of the user base I'm reconsidering who to go with.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm looking into it. I considered the Mishimoto piece but due to negative feedback from some of the user base I'm reconsidering who to go with.
I like the 5/8" silicone hose used, and the 'plug and play' aspect of the installation of the Mishi, but, the small capacity, poor drain method, and the price for a Sino made product pushed me to the boomba OCC, despite it's need to splice into the factory PCV hose, and the 3/8" inlets to the can itself. ;)

nice, I've been thinking about one of those. The strut tower location doesn't look like it would benefit much if at all from bracing, but the lower I wasn't too sure about.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #56
nice, I've been thinking about one of those. The strut tower location doesn't look like it would benefit much if at all from bracing, but the lower I wasn't too sure about.
I've heard good reviews about both. Now that I've had the reviews about the lower tie bar confirmed, I'm a little more convinced to purchase the strut tower bar. I'm a little unsure of how the rear tie bar will effect the car, but we will see.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #58
Looking forward to seeing how the wing extensions look on white.
I should have them painted and installed within the next week or so. Decided to go gloss black on them. Also going to repaint my Mountune front splitter in gloss black to match.