Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Spark plug tech

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
that good to hear, bet your relieved to see that! Are the positive corrections your seeing more consistent now across all 4 cylinders with these cooler plugs and narrower gap?
Yeah, definitely. Now we can turn the boost up further

Hmmm, I thought that was the size I used. I know it needed to be a thin walled socket. I'll take look later tonight.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I had to buy a thin wall, extended length socket. I got it from KD tools through Amazon. Standard 5/8 sockets are too thick and too short.

I was having problem with inconsistent corrections across all 4 cylinders and the Densos have seemed to cleaned that up.

Does anybody have the torque specifications for the spark plugs? I know the general rule for tightening plugs, but I just like the reassurance of tightening things to there spec.

Sorry to reopen this old thread. I'm getting ready to change my plugs. Has there been any updates on the spark plug front? Has a 1-step colder plug, with the stock reach into the cylinder, plug been found?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If you buy the "generics" they do not come pre-gapped. I would get the NGKs over the Densos. I got my NGKs from AutoZone, using the generic part number. I believe it cross references to the Cadillac ATS with the turbo 4cyl. You can either buy these pre-gapped from a vendor like Whoosh or Tune+ or Stratified, or gap them yourself. They do not come pre-gapped if you buy them as generics (e.g on Amazon or VatoZone or O'Reillys, etc).

[/URL][/IMG]

Changed the stockers for the NGKs, Today. 76k miles, and were gapped at .032. I dont think they look bad. But, I've never quite gotten into reading plugs. The NGKs, I gapped to .026. May be placebo, but, everything feels smoother. Over 50k of those miles are Stg 1 tuned by Cobb and Stratified. Wondering if the intermittent hesitation when accelerating was caused by the stockers being gapped so wide. Time will tell...