Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting find on EBAY Dashboard carpet

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Buying one to see if it gets rid of dashboard glare. I've found the glare to be quite bad on my FiST. Interesting find indeed...
Please post up your impression of it. I've added it to my list of items but there are quite a few things ahead of it.

I'm not a big fan of carpeting a dash, but I would love to find a way to reduce the obscene amount of glare from the dash. Are there any other ideas of how to reduce it?

XuperXero

I'm not a big fan of carpeting a dash, but I would love to find a way to reduce the obscene amount of glare from the dash. Are there any other ideas of how to reduce it?
Change the angle of your windshield...[?|]

Something you just have to live with. Common pattern in a lot of new cars from what I've seen.

Not a fan of how it will look in the end, but at worst case it's removable. Figure the dash is also small enough that it's not too obscene either. Polarized sunglasses also work/help to reduce glare (unfortunately I have prescription glasses).

I think the main cause is the stock dash board patterning isn't dense/matte enough to prevent the glare.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have polarized, Ray Ban wrap around framed, prescription sun glasses and have never had any glare.

As long as the prescription is not to extreme most places can make them and much cheaper frames than buying from the optical shop, mine are 4 years old and still in good shape.

------------

I agree, anything on the dash will not look as good but I have used the dash covers for reducing audio reflections which reduces a bit or noise and improves the audio quality.

Just from looking at the picture it appears the one being shown which they did not even show it on the dash, might not fit that great, have lumps, bumps, etc...I have done some work in custom auto upholstery so have a good idea of what things can turn out like, the more complex the dash the harder to make them fit.

The best luck I have had is with Dashmat, the one I had custom made, logo, etc for my old Tacoma ex audio comp truck is still looking like new 15 or more years later.

-----------

Using a treatment product requires finding a none glare and something compatible with the dash material as some actually cause more harm than good.

I'll post pictures when I get it and try to get some comparisons with the glare. Delivery estimate is the last week of October/first week of November.

[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION], do you know if parts like this are easy to tweak if the fit isn't quite right? Also know if there's any good alternatives to velcro for mounting/installing these things from experience? I hate the idea of putting velcro sticky pads on my car, but it'll probably be necessary if I don't want it flying around.