Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC Update Surprise

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just go turn the 911 reminder off again in the menu and it will stop doing both. Mine defaulted to on again after the update.
Got it,
Thanks
Dave

There may be some bug fixes but I see absolutely NO difference in regular operation.
Sync still works as perfectly as it did before.

The only complaints that I have now that I never had before are:
It verbally tells me it is connecting my phone every time I start the car.
Also since I choose to have 911 assist turned off I am verbally reminded of this and I must press the screen to close the window.

So yes, I regret that I did the update.

Dave
Hi Dave,

I hope that restores your faith in the update. :)

I always have my iPhone connected via USB, it used to stop playing randomly, thus far after the update, I haven't had the same issues.
JasonHaven,

Glad it fixed the issues you were having!

is the update good for the 2014s as well?
lessard.dcj,

Yes it is. The update is for all vehicles with the MyFord Touch system.

How is the update done and how do you know if it has already been performed?
TyphoonFiST,

Log into your Owner account: Owner.Ford.com Once you're in, select the SYNC & HOWS TOS tab then CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES.

Shaay

Hello,

I have made the update of the my myfordtouch and it was successful, but when i try to confirm my update by uploading the journal on the web site, it's doesn't works.

The link a give is for the journal is: E:\SyncMyRide\Sync_YRAY1K43_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml

But the web site does not show the correct link:

Hello,

I have made the update of the my myfordtouch and it was successful, but when i try to confirm my update by uploading the journal on the web site, it's doesn't works.

The link a give is for the journal is: E:\SyncMyRide\Sync_YRAY1K43_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml

But the web site does not show the correct link:

Hi Charest2394,

Have you tried a different web browser? If it doesn't work, I recommend running a Vehicle Health Report: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch

I hope this helps.

Updating SYNC as I type [whip]
ShadowInDaNight,

How did it go?

Shaay

ShadowInDaNight,

How did it go?

Shaay
It went as expected. Ford wasn't kidding when they express 30 minutes for it to install/update. I think it took roughly 20-25 minutes for me.

I had no issues uploading the .xml file either. After installation is complete, there's a few okay buttons to press confirming update has finished, the xml file will be located SyncMyRide folder that has all of the cab files.

Charest2394 - Run the VehicleHealthReport first and foremost. Confirm thereafter on http://owner.ford.com/ . Hint - your cell must be sync'd to the car while this process is occurring. Then install/update Sync via USB. Afterwards you should be able to upload the xml file. I used the Chrome browser when I did my update last night.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I must say that although the update install went well.
It at real PITA to put it all back together.
This update reset everything.
And I do mean everything, the alerts, ringers, wallpaper, and all of the volumes.

I still can't get the messaging volume set so I keep missing them.
This makes my car more dangerous as now I need to look at my phone.

Dave

It went as expected. Ford wasn't kidding when they express 30 minutes for it to install/update. I think it took roughly 20-25 minutes for me.

I had no issues uploading the .xml file either. After installation is complete, there's a few okay buttons to press confirming update has finished, the xml file will be located SyncMyRide folder that has all of the cab files.

Charest2394 - Run the VehicleHealthReport first and foremost. Confirm thereafter on http://owner.ford.com/ . Hint - your cell must be sync'd to the car while this process is occurring. Then install/update Sync via USB. Afterwards you should be able to upload the xml file. I used the Chrome browser when I did my update last night.
Hey ShadowInDaNight,

Glad everything went as expected!

I must say that although the update install went well.
And I do mean everything, the alerts, ringers, wallpaper, and all of the volumes.

I still can't get the messaging volume set so I keep missing them.
This makes my car more dangerous as now I need to look at my phone.

Dave
Dave,

Do you have an iPhone?

Shaay

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Hey ShadowInDaNight,

Glad everything went as expected!

Dave,

Do you have an iPhone?

Shaay
No,
I have a Windows phone and had absolutely no issues before this update.

I may be able to resolve this however as you know I need to increase the volume in the mode needed.
This has been difficult because I don't hear the message come in and then it is too late.
I am now waiting until my wife gets home to send myself texts using her phone while I am sitting in the driveway.

I will let you know.

Dave

Yeah, I hear your pain! I confirm, the update will wipe it clean. No saved wallpapers, ringers, notta! I must now have to spend time customizing it again....blah! Weekend project I suppose lol [vommit]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yeah, I hear your pain! I confirm, the update will wipe it clean. No saved wallpapers, ringers, notta! I must now have to spend time customizing it again....blah! Weekend project I suppose lol [vommit]
I finally got it all done.
I does help to use a second phone.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[cheers] glad you got it done! I have an android cell but maybe there is some weird quirk with a Windows cell.....shooting in the dark here.

No, Just everything was reset with this update.

Dave

No,
I have a Windows phone and had absolutely no issues before this update.

I may be able to resolve this however as you know I need to increase the volume in the mode needed.
This has been difficult because I don't hear the message come in and then it is too late.
I am now waiting until my wife gets home to send myself texts using her phone while I am sitting in the driveway.

I will let you know.

Dave
Dave,

Please keep me posted. The iPhone has a setting called AirPlay that silents the notifications while in the car. I'm wondering if Windows have a similar feature. Once iPhone users turned AirPlay off, their alerts started going through the phone.

Shaay

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Dave,

Please keep me posted. The iPhone have a setting called AirPlay that silents the notifications while in the car. I'm wondering if Windows have a similar feature. Once iPhone users turned AirPlay off, their alerts started going through the phone.

Shaay
Yes, the windows phone has a driving mode that I am sure does the same thing.
This however would have required changing a setting on the phone.
I assure I did not do that.
It was all just a matter of resetting all of the Sync functions to the way I had it.
As I stated above I have accomplished this now.

I have also found another glitch.
I am trying to workout all of the details.
For the most part all works fine but every once in a while (randomly).
After exiting the car with the home screen displayed.
When re-entering and starting the car, the screen switches to a menu mode.
At this point pressing the home button does nothing.
I can press the entertainment button and then the home button.

This is strange.

Dave

I recently upgraded to 3.8 and could not get the bluetooth audio to work on my Android phone. Deleting the profile on the phone (unpair) nor deleting the device on SYNC did not work as I've done before. Instead, I renamed my phone's name on the phone and added it as shown here from another post on a board somewhere:

I had the same problem that you are experiencing with my new Ford Fiesta ST 2013. The fix was very simple. the solution as follows
1. I removed all BT devices on the Ford SYNC
2. Switch off your BT device
3. Rename your BT on your phone/device
4. Switch BT on.
5. Connect your phone/device with Ford SYNC by following the steps.
Thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone else or I'm searching for the solution when I forget how in 5 years!

Izzy

Ever since the update it's pausing my music unless i'ts parked or I put on my seat belt. Is there a way of disabling that feature?

Izzy

YES,
Put on your seatbelt.

Dave
C'mon Dave...lol

So I guess it's a standard feature that everyone is getting and not a mykey thing...Oh well...still annoying! I always wear my seatbelt by the way, but not when I'm inside my subdivision doing 10mph on my way to pick up my mail or moving cars around the driveway type of situations is what I'm saying. Why should my music be held hostage like that...who made Sync/Ford police? it's B.S.!!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Unfortunately many young people think they are indestructible and don't wear their belts at any time.

Dave