Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does anyone elese wave at other STs on the road?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

194 86.22%
  • No

17 7.56%
  • So you're the crazy person who keeps waving at me

14 6.22%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920
    Senior Member 293 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I know it's a dramatization to say that, but it sounds like a terrible place to live if there's any truth to that.

Regular Fiesta pulled up behind me. I waved. It was the same color.

There was red FiST that was modified and didn't realize it was one until he waved... it was too late to wave back. From then on I've decided to toot, toot back. Even if they've past me, they might at least hear.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Marin County
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by HBEcoBeaST View Post
    I don't get how you could buy this car and not be an enthusiast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Maybe they're just oblivious, hard to believe you could pass someone back and forth a few times and never realize it's the same car you're driving. I think I've had more people driving random cars wave and make comments than ST drivers. I guess more and more people are just not paying attention to their surroundings...saw a cop walking down the street today, face buried in his iphone texting and he clipped a parking meter w/ his elbow. Phone hit the sidewalk. Awesome lack of situational awareness from someone that should definitely have at least some.
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@cxwrench - Speaking personally, when it comes to oncoming traffic that I'm not planning on entering, I often don't process a lot of detail when driving. For the most part I only pay attention to trajectory and shape or size. This may have a lot to do with being extremely near-sighted from birth, and subsequent brain development from the youngest years, through seventh grade. Doesn't mean that I have bad driving habits and/or don't pay attention. Most of my visual processing is devoted to potential obstacles way down the road ahead of me; and where possible (which is most of the time,) including those potential obstacles ahead of the driver in front of me. It simply means that I'm more focused and therefore may miss or be delayed with some details that others may immediately pickup on... like a driver in the on-coming lane that's in the same vehicle.

We have to be somewhat careful about picking on drivers with phones. We have a tendency to only pay close enough attention to look for a phone when something is different about their driving. I started purposefully looking at cell phone use while driving, period, and began noticing a ton of examples of people driving with cell phones that I ordinarily would not have noticed. Doesn't mean that distracted driving is okay; it isn't, regardless of whether it's a radio, passenger, GPS, rubber-necking, drowsiness, intoxication, etcetera, etc. Since the advent of the vehicle, there have been and always be drivers who prioritize <other> over <driving>. It's a problem with driver logic rather than the particular drug/drink or tool. There are times where, if I'm on a call, I've literally ignored the caller when performing certain tasks such as highway merge, left turn or lane change. Then I simply apologize and ask the caller to repeat. Similar behavior if I'm next up in line at a store, for example. I prioritize <other> over <phone>. Some other forms of distracted driving can be a bit harder to pick out though, a large part of that is simply that those activities usually don't typically command the same lengths of attention.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Marin County
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

In CA you can't hold the phone while driving. Period. It must be mounted and you absolutely cannot text. You must enter your GPS destination info before you're moving. I refuse to be 'somewhat careful' when it comes to picking on drivers w/ phones. You're driving a car...pay attention to what you're doing and your surroundings, the text can wait. If you don't have hands free or something link sync, the call can wait. There is not a day the goes by where I see at least one person that can't manage to keep their car in the lane...it's very rare that they're not using a phone in some way.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point that may have been overlooked: The problem isn't the tool, the problem is the DRIVER. If this driver *truly* prioritizes a phone over driving, removing the phone won't address the problem. Will we create a new law that addresses reading newspapers, or will we simply enforce the existing ones that already cover it? https://youtu.be/wIcDMcrhGA4?t=42 I just saw a news report of another example of this very thing this past week.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Marin County
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    The point that may have been overlooked: The problem isn't the tool, the problem is the DRIVER. If this driver *truly* prioritizes a phone over driving, removing the phone won't address the problem. Will we create a new law that addresses reading newspapers, or will we simply enforce the existing ones that already cover it? https://youtu.be/wIcDMcrhGA4?t=42 I just saw a news report of another example of this very thing this past week.
    Oh damn! Yep, I've seen people reading...I dunno, maybe a work report? Unbelievable.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920