Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune+: Tuning Review and Information Thread

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #121
Adam, I haven't used your services yet, but I want to thank you for how many questions you answer here, free of charge. I'm incredibly ignorant/new to tuning, so reading all these threads helps me wrap my head around upgrade paths a little easier, and frankly sells me on using your services/products in the future.
You are very welcome. I'm ok with sharing as much information as I can publicly. It makes the tuning experience easier when the customer is properly educated!

Look forward to working with you in the future.

Cheers,
Adam

jayrod1980

I personally did it right after I did the tune. This is how I have the upgrade path structured for my customers on my facebook group. www.facebook.com/groups/ecoboostsupport

Tune>Intercooler>Tune+ Internal Wastegate Actuator>Catback>Intake>Chargepipes

You can swap the intake and charge pipes around as the chargepipes are low on HP but help a lot with boost leaks and the charge pipes blowing out.

Honestly, if you are in a area that has rather mild climate (80° and under) you can move the IWG in front of the intercooler. Personally, if it is in the budget, tune/intercooler/iwg should be done all at once.
Awesome... once all this stuff actually arrives I will do it all at once. Dead hook has some lead time on their intercooler so I should get this waste gate and the IC at the same time. What does the install of the actuator consist of? Do I need to tear apart the engine to get at it?

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #123
Awesome... once all this stuff actually arrives I will do it all at once. Dead hook has some lead time on their intercooler so I should get this waste gate and the IC at the same time. What does the install of the actuator consist of? Do I need to tear apart the engine to get at it?
It's pretty simple, just need to pull out the factory heatshield and everything is accessible from there.

Adam,
This might be a dumb question, but I really can't find any information anywhere. If a lighter flywheel and/or wheels(8lbs lighter per wheel) are installed, would a tune be required to optimize those enhancements? Or does the reduction in rotating mass not affect the engine to the point that a tune would be needed?

(Flame suit on)

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #125
Adam,
This might be a dumb question, but I really can't find any information anywhere. If a lighter flywheel and/or wheels(8lbs lighter per wheel) are installed, would a tune be required to optimize those enhancements? Or does the reduction in rotating mass not affect the engine to the point that a tune would be needed?

(Flame suit on)
It wouldn't be enough of a difference for the factory ECU to not automatically compensate for it. You might get a misfire code on the flywheel if it is too light, but that can be fixed.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've got to say, Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION], I am impressed so far with your tune and customer service. Though I'm just getting started, on my second revision of your E30 tune, I can say that you have been hands down the best e-tuner that I have worked with. You are quick with responding and revisions. This tune is not only strong, but excellent so far in daily driving. This is coming from the FiST and many other platforms, such as the Mustang, WRX and Focus. As many of the folks here that have been on this forum a while may know, I am moving from another e-tuner to you. His tune was good but yours was already on par with his with the first file that you sent and his took 9 revisions. I will say that his was done a year ago so a lot has been figured out since then... I will do a full review once we are complete as I am awaiting your Wastegate Actuator and the Turbosmart BOV.

Roger

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #127
I've got to say, Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION], I am impressed so far with your tune and customer service. Though I'm just getting started, on my second revision of your E30 tune, I can say that you have been hands down the best e-tuner that I have worked with. You are quick with responding and revisions. This tune is not only strong, but excellent so far in daily driving. This is coming from the FiST and many other platforms, such as the Mustang, WRX and Focus. As many of the folks here that have been on this forum a while may know, I am moving from another e-tuner to you. His tune was good but yours was already on par with his with the first file that you sent and his took 9 revisions. I will say that his was done a year ago so a lot has been figured out since then... I will do a full review once we are complete as I am awaiting your Wastegate Actuator and the Turbosmart BOV.

Roger
Roger,

Appreciate the comments! I was able to almost hit it on the head in 1 revision with your car. I was running very similar setup on my car so I had a good idea where everything needed to be. We should be able to wrap yours up pretty quick!

Enjoy!

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #128
I have had a HUGE influx of Fiesta customers over the past week, so far I have been able to keep on top of things. However, it might come closer to 48 hour revision timeframe instead of my average 12-24.

JasonHaven

No complaints here, I just got my second revision from Adam... first revision was very torquey down low compared to the COBB OTS, its a kick in the pants!

Can't wait to get the IWG, to see if some top end can be retained. 24-48 hours to wait on a revision, imo, is still very reasonable.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #131
Can probably thank reddit for that one.
I only had one customer comment that they were from Reddit.

No complaints here, I just got my second revision from Adam... first revision was very torquey down low compared to the COBB OTS, its a kick in the pants!

Can't wait to get the IWG, to see if some top end can be retained. 24-48 hours to wait on a revision, imo, is still very reasonable.
That is about 290 hours faster than most other "tuners".

JasonHaven

[MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] installed a www.cp-e.com Intercooler for me on Saturday, and we did a few dyno runs comparing stock, OTS Stage 2 and Adam's first revision.

Here's the chart:

Dyno Chart_1280px.png

Quite a bit of power gained down low, and a little in the top end, pretty damned happy so far :)

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #135
The TUNE+ Black Friday sale is LIVE! Good from 11-25 (Today) until 11-27 (Friday @ Midnight)

www.adamtuned.com | info@adamtuned.com | 612-940-6431

IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF AN ACCESSPORT, PLEASE MESSAGE ME!

I am offering a new product along with this sale and that is an E-tune package without lifetime revisions. This will include a full tune on your current setup, however it will not be a lifetime E-tune as I am known for.

Here are the discount codes and links!

Fiesta ST E-tune: http://goo.gl/rsTlXT
Fiesta ST E-tune Lifetime: http://goo.gl/jtjLiM
(Coupon Code: tunemyfiesta)

Auxiliary Fuel Tuning (All Vehicles): http://goo.gl/eWJULr
(Coupon Code: tunemyaux)

Sweet! So for the onetime etune package, does that include an e30 tune, and a 93 tune, and possibly an economy tune? Or just one 93 or e30?

Edit: Oh, I see now, awesome! Ordered!

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #137
Sweet! So for the onetime etune package, does that include an e30 tune, and a 93 tune, and possibly an economy tune? Or just one 93 or e30?

Edit: Oh, I see now, awesome! Ordered!
Includes anything you would want! Saw the order come through, thank you!