Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune+: Tuning Review and Information Thread

what about flat shifting before redline? when I shift 1-2 around 6k there's no boost drop, is that breaking things? looking forward to my tune in sept, if i can talk the SO in to OK.
It puts a little more stress on the engine but it isn't insane. Plus it's not like you're FFS everywhere all the time, or at least I hope not lol.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

If you want to maximize every bit you can out of the car, get whatever downpipe/exhaust and the WGA. The downpipe does add power, Adam even verifies this, just not power where we want it, which I believe is why he does not recommend it, as it causes a loss of power in the higher rev range. That said, those mods are going to cost $1000 or more not to mention labor. HP and TQ gains are minimal from all of this, we're talking maybe a few from the exhaust and actuator each, maybe 15 total. For 15hp I would not spend all that money but to each his own. Without these mods but with a FMIC and intake or panel filter and a custom tune, Adam's tune in this case, you are probably getting >90% out of the stock turbo. I could be wrong there but I am sure that it is definitely a high percentage.

This was my thinking in my mod path. So you spend $400 on Accessport, $300 on FMIC, $50 on a panel filter, and $150 on a Tune+ tune and you have 90% percent of available power increases for $900, install all that yourself very easily. Then you spend another $1000+ plus labor if you can't do it yourself and get that last 10ish% of the possible power out of the stock turbo. For me, the law of diminishing returns stopped short of the WGA and exhaust. With Adam's tune I'm around 220hp/295tq on the V-dyno which means nothing but it does give us something to compare with other V-dyno charts. And I'm in the Georgia heat. My AP has estimated torque at 284 though I have not kept it floored in 4th gear to redline ever. Were I to do that I bet both the AP torque estimates and my V-dyno numbers would exceed what I've listed above.

Anyhow that's my thinking, just my opinion, hope it helps. Either way the custom tune, in this case Adam's tune, is a whole new experience and I highly recommend it. I'm quite happy with my car as it is. Now I just need to figure out how to get a Focus ST steering wheel in my FiST, I experienced one last weekend and no longer like my steering wheel.
Just curious about your numbers... I had Randy at Montoune do an E30 tune on my stock turbo, all bolts-ons possible plus some port work on exhaust manifold and I'm sitting at the exact same numbers. Roughly 220hp and 305lbs torque V-dyno. So that being said, I'm interested in upping my turbo to the X37 E30 tuned. I would not do this at all if did not meet my expectation of roughly 300hp and 300lbs of torque. That is my ultimate goal. So are you saying that you only got 220hp and 295lbs of torque out of your car with the x37 mod? Sorry if I'm not understanding you here.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Just curious about your numbers... I had Randy at Montoune do an E30 tune on my stock turbo, all bolts-ons possible plus some port work on exhaust manifold and I'm sitting at the exact same numbers. Roughly 220hp and 305lbs torque V-dyno. So that being said, I'm interested in upping my turbo to the X37 E30 tuned. I would not do this at all if did not meet my expectation of roughly 300hp and 300lbs of torque. That is my ultimate goal. So are you saying that you only got 220hp and 295lbs of torque out of your car with the x37 mod? Sorry if I'm not understanding you here.
Pretty sure he meant approx 220hp with all the bolt on's to a stock turbo :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'm on the stock turbo and quite happy with it.

Time to see what this E30 nonsense is all about! Just placed an order with Adam this morning and can't wait to see how the car goes.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #308
Time to see what this E30 nonsense is all about! Just placed an order with Adam this morning and can't wait to see how the car goes.
Just saw your post, thank you for the order. I know you like it ;).

Just saw your post, thank you for the order. I know you like it ;).
A few revisions into the 91 octane tune, I'm thrilled. Car drives fantastic! Now I just wish life would get out of the way so I could find time to get a few more logs to wrap up that tune and move on to E30.

Only on the first revision for 93 and loving it so far. I think I will be very content with the power output for a bit to get me by and start focusing on chassis work. The power curve is very linier and I much prefer it over my FoST :)

From all I've been reading and learned about these cars and the tunes styles and tuners available, I think I have my mind set on who Im going to tell my buddy to get tuned by! [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] FTW!!!!

Now if there was any way to get a tune written for a Unichip on the Dodge Dart 1.4L turbo platform ;)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
From all I've been reading and learned about these cars and the tunes styles and tuners available, I think I have my mind set on who Im going to tell my buddy to get tuned by! [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] FTW!!!!

Now if there was any way to get a tune written for a Unichip on the Dodge Dart 1.4L turbo platform ;)
I never knew they had a turbocharged option on those little Darts. It would explain why they try to mess with me so often.

I never knew they had a turbocharged option on those little Darts. It would explain why they try to mess with me so often.
Yeah, they can be quick... Not fast, but if you do the right things and have the right tune they can be nice! Mine is at about 200-200WHP right now, when stock was 184HP at the Flywheel!

Love my Tune+ tune. I have had it about 6 months now and its worth every penny. I purchased the life time tune which is a great option if you have future mods in mind. Adam is prompt and professional, and if i had to choose a tune again, it would definitely be through him. The tune make great power and runs very smooth.