Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Oil filter Part Numbers

Similar threads seem to be making the "rounds" on other Fiesta sites, and I suspect Ford has added to the confusion by showing an FL number that we cannot get in the States. I double checked with my parts guy at my dealer and he confirmed the FL910S is the correct number for our cars. He had a theory that since our engines are sourced from the UK, then the FL2057 is a European fitment for the car. Maybe one of our UK members can confirm this?

me32

1000 Post Club
My factory filter shows FL 910s on the car. So maybe some came with the other filter and others came with 910s

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Napa Gold is a very good filter made by Wix and sold at a great price, I use them for everything including all out race cars.

I may of mentioned this already, you can run a much larger filter than stock for more oil capacity and a little bit more cooling effect, another thing I have done for years.

Young L

Napa Gold is a very good filter made by Wix and sold at a great price, I use them for everything including all out race cars.

I may of mentioned this already, you can run a much larger filter than stock for more oil capacity and a little bit more cooling effect, another thing I have done for years.

any recommendations?

Young L

an its flush with the mounting surface? the picture in your thread look different than what is on the car. Or maybe Im just not remembering correctly.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As long as the gasket covers the area on the block or in this case factory oil to water cooler if still using it, the threads fit, it tightens up all the way, good to go:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Same size fits with the stock cooler in place, at least threads and gasket, just have to make sure room to get it in place.

So, FRAM PH9566 is listed, but that looks like a tractor oil filter. Can anyone confirm?

Avoid FRAM, their filters are really crappy. Purolator Gold or Motorcraft or even Mobil-1 are the way to go.
I use to think that people that were down on Fram were more or less full of BS, then a friend of mine who is a BMW mechanic says he just did in a motor swap where he feels the root cause was a faulty Fram filter that collapsed internally cutting back the oil flow until the point where the motor spun rod and main bearings. This was on a motor with less than 50,000 miles.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I use to think that people that were down on Fram were more or less full of BS, then a friend of mine who is a BMW mechanic says he just did in a motor swap where he feels the root cause was a faulty Fram filter that collapsed internally cutting back the oil flow until the point where the motor spun rod and main bearings. This was on a motor with less than 50,000 miles.
There quality might have gone up but I will never run FRAM in my car, its just not worth it trying to save a buck or 2. I have seen nothing but bad things from them in terms of filter element quality.

That's all fine and good and perhaps all the more reason not to list an additional FRAM filter that is not even compatible with the car, which was my original point..

Also, from what I've read, the longer FL-400S (and equivalent Royal Purple, M1, Napa, etc. filters) should fit, if you're looking for something bigger.

Izzy

Add: AMSOIL EAO34-EA (25,000 mi.) & AMSOIL EA15K51 (15,000 mi.)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
NAPA Gold, made by WIX, spending more is a waste of money;)

There may be an exception if you run your oil for a very long time, have it tested, etc, maybe one of the long life filters is OK to use but nearly everything I have read on such practice recommends regular filter changes. I would rather put in a new filter a few times than have my oil going through and old filter over and over.........