Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Oil filter Part Numbers

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Both of these filters are standard size. I tend to stick with what the OEM puts out since they were the ones that did the rigorous testing.
Personally, I don't buy Ford's decisions on this car, to me they just used whatever fluid for the transmission: they used the fluid for the DCT since they were out before the FiST manual and it sucks with a regular gear box and oil filter ("OK, that same small one for the non-turbo fits, good enough") but I guess we all have our thought process on what we use.... that's why I'm happy I swapped my trans fluid to Ravenol gear oil and the larger oil filter (Napa Gold 1516).

TemecFist

Does anyone happen to know what the part # is for the Fram Ultra filters for our car? (Not oversized)

TemecFist

^^^XG 3614, even though I use the oversized, super long, XG 3600.

My guess is that once I go to an aftermarket radiator, this will not be possible. [dunno]
Excellent!!! The XG 3614 is the factory size? I have the Mountune radiator plus a sandwich plate....theres no room left for a bigger filter unless I relocate it (which I havent ruled out yet). Lol.

Thanks M-Sport!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Pretty cool thread. may try the FL-400S next change. Had been meaning to ask about fuel odor in oil. I did an oil change back in September (first one since purchase). And the fuel smell was pretty noticeable.

Granted I have never done an OC on a DI engine let alone turbo. Is this par for the course? It had a fresh change from the stealership when I picked it up 17497 and 18050 when changed. I did it just for piece of mind and gave her the amsoil signature cause why not lol. Come to think of it the fuel type smell of the oil was fantastic.

Anyhow def a different smell from the changes done in ages past on non di non turbo engines.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
DI engines naturally have a slight bit more fuel in the oil due to their nature of where the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber, and even though I have noticed a strong fuel dilution smell during my oil changes as well, everyone on here tells me it is no problem at all. [dunno]

But this is also my 'excuse' for doing low mileage interval oil changes. [wink]

One thing though, IF you do a lot of 'short tripping' which does not fully heat up the oil, especially in the cold/winter, you will have this much more than someone who drives longer distances, or at least a half hour/45 minutes in between start cycles as that burns off/volitilizes the fuel in the oil with heat.