Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Oil filter Part Numbers

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thank you for posting this. Added to your rep.[thumb]

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the reps and the extra part number

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Excellent info considering most auto part stores dont even have our cars in their systems yet.

Perry

Okay, just to really muddy the waters regarding the proper Motorcraft oil filter, on the Ford parts site to which BlueBomber links, one finds three parts listings for Fiesta oil filters. Under "part number", all three are given the number 6731, but they differ in what follows/is under the part number in parentheses. The first is 6731 (FL-2050), and is listed as being the part for the 1.0L EcoBoost engine. The second is 6731 (FL-910S) and the indication is that this part is for the 1.6L TIVCT PFI Sigma. Finally, one finds 6731 (FL-2057) listed as the oil filter belonging to the 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma. So, all three have the same part number, followed by differing bits as parentheticals. My hypothesis as a starting point would be that any of the three can be used with any of the three engines, though they'll have different performance characteristics and will need replacement at different intervals. Second would be that the Ford Part inventory personnel made what I consider a boo-boo by giving all three the same basic part number and trying to differentiate with the parenthetical numbering. That's the sort of thing that just begs for mistakes to be made, so I hope that's not it, but who knows. As it stands now, the only one to give me a warm fuzzy would be the 6731 (FL-2057).

Please help me out here, o ye with greater knowledge: Am I crazy, stupid, or just uninformed?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
6731 is the "Diagram Callout Number". FL-910S is for 1.6L WITHOUT turbo. FL-2057 is for 1.6L WITH turbo. The other one is for the 3-banger.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Go by the FL-#### part number.

BlueBomber is correct the only one we need is FL-2057. If you punch your VIN into the site it will tell you exactly which oil filter to get.

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
hey thanks guys I forgot about adding my VIN at the beginning would have made the search easier haha.

Perry

I thought something like this might be the correct answer. It had been too long since I'd looked at this sort of thing--had forgotten to even think of a call-out number [rolleyes]--and while I knew I could do the VIN look-up, I thought maybe this might help clear up things here a bit. As I said, the only one that gave me a warm fuzzy was the FL-2057, as it clearly was for the right engine by description. Thanks for helping me out there, and reminding me of how to read an exploded view/blow-up diagram. I'll be sitting over in the corner with the pointed cap on for a bit . . . . [shhh]

So back to the dealer with the 2 FL910S's I bought last week for my first two break-in oil changes. Dang![bash]
Told the parts guy exactly what I had and he came up with them from the computer.

Perry

So back to the dealer with the 2 FL910S's I bought last week for my first two break-in oil changes. Dang![bash]
Told the parts guy exactly what I had and he came up with them from the computer.
Look it up through the link given above--the call-out number is what is listed under "part number"--wherein most other parts are listed by actual part number, it appears, and then the pat number itself (in parentheses) is listed behind. Easy mistake to make for someone unaccustomed or not paying attention. Which is why they should have made the look-up more idiot proof. For items which are represented as a single call-out in the exploded view but can have different actual parts, one has to pay attention to the actual listings found, not just find the matching call-out number, even though it's listed under "part number".

Sorry, guys, but process analysis and safety screening of procedures, etc. used to be a significant part of my life. One of my sayings used to be, "Don't make it easy to be stupid." <sigh> But some people are so naturally gifted at it that you just can't keep 'em from doing it.

Thanks Perry. I checked it out - not used to the call out number deal, but a good site to use with the exploded views. Very helpful and I've bookmarked it.
Just for the heck of it I went to the Rock Auto site and they show the FL910S for both 1.6 litre engines listed.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Found this with a little Google magic FL2057 vs FL 910s http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3304341/FL2057_vs_FL910s

FL-2057 is the filter fitted at the factory and is replaced in service by the FL-910S. There are no specs provided because this filter is only fitted at the factory and is not supplied through the Ford Customer Service Division.

Per the information provided to dealerships "SERVICED BY BE8Z-6731-AB PER PNAEF" with that being the long number for a FL-910S.

Interesting. The filter that I took off when I did my first oil change didn't have any Ford logo but it did say FOMOCO. No numbers that would ID it as a Ford part.