Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 guys with intakes chime in

Db84drteg

I kept throwing codes for the lack of a check valve, so I threw one in and it worked great. Now it occasionally throws one for evap control. I'll be scrounging together pieces for a better check valve and a new evap line so it remains uncut. Finding the proper locking nipples is being more difficult than I thought.

mishimoto1

Hey guys,

Figured we would chime in here. We have been working on a 14-15 intake system for the FIST for some time, and we are nearing completion. Our team has been tackling a few different methods to make this kit applicable for the 16+ CCV line setup. One of which is an adapter which will properly splice the single line on our intake hose into the dual line setup on the '16 models.

Below is a look at the adapter we've been working on.

This setup is still in the prototyping phase, but we will have additional details in the coming weeks. Updates will be included in our intake R&D thread below.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...for-the-Fiesta!-ST-Performance-Intake-R-amp-D!

Thanks
-John

DaveG99

If the adapter is sold by itself I bet they would sell a lot. Then people could adapt any 2014-2015 intake to their 2016.

If the adapter is sold by itself I bet they would sell a lot. Then people could adapt any 2014-2015 intake to their 2016.
You hit the nail on the head. Most of us simply need a retrofit solution at this point.

Hey guys,

Figured we would chime in here. We have been working on a 14-15 intake system for the FIST for some time, and we are nearing completion. Our team has been tackling a few different methods to make this kit applicable for the 16+ CCV line setup. One of which is an adapter which will properly splice the single line on our intake hose into the dual line setup on the '16 models.

This setup is still in the prototyping phase, but we will have additional details in the coming weeks. Updates will be included in our intake R&D thread below.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...for-the-Fiesta!-ST-Performance-Intake-R-amp-D!

Thanks
-John
Any estimate on what that would cost?

I was able to clear the code by adding in a off the shelf pcv valve from autozone, this also fixed the jumpy RPM and Im back to a smooth normal Idle, it may be ugly and people will do better then these pics but for now I have a nice functional intake with no codes or issues:

the valve I used:

I still look forward to your write up :)
what size t-valve did you get and from where?
Also, is that just fuel line hose or vacuum?
Also also, did you cut the stock connectors off to make that work?

Dib

I cut out the stock check valve and epoxy'd it to the cobb intake. looks a little bit off, but it works with no codes. the larger tube I just capped off, and used some leftover oil cooler hose to make the vacuum line flexible and more presentable

jayrod1980

Much too expensive for what is just basically a cone filter. Most of these companies will eventually have a solution. I love the mishimoto one and think they could make a lot of money if it works with other companies' intakes. Whatever will fit on the stem that most intakes have would be perfect. I love th engineering mishimoto does, but with all the platforms they work on it takes a bit to get to market unfortunately.

jayrod1980

Hey guys,

Thanks
-John
John,

Your obsession with engineering makes you guys such a tease! Very high quality stuff all over, but if you are just mocking this up right now, it likely won't be out until the end of the year, am I right?

jayrod1980

Hard to believe these 2016s have been shipping since last summer and 9 months later none of the major players have released as check valve kit or anything. I like Mishimoto but they are not the company I want to rely on for this part...too slow. If I could find OEM size nipples to mount the OEM connectors, I would rig my own adapter. Auto zone sells tons of check valves. One that is more inline would be more ideal.