Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 guys with intakes chime in

jayrod1980

I have the MAP intake with 2016 adapter. I bought the intake back in November, so they shipped me the vacuum line kit for it. I wrote up a guide on how to put it together, but I've been told this kit will be sold assembled when you purchase their intake and indicate you have a 2016. I absolutely love mine... sounds great, opens up some room in the engine bay, and I feel spool is faster. The vacuum kit isn't as trick as Mishimoto's adapter drawing... you will have to cut off the PCV quick connector line, and it replaces (but doesn't damage) the cold charge pipe line, but everything else is preserved and quite tidy.

I personally have my cold side charge pipe vacuum line from intake to pipe capped, so it's even tidier. In the end, to go back to stock intake will only require either a patch of the end of the original quick connect line, or buying rubber vacuum plug, cutting off the cold side kit line, capping it and connecting the stock cold side vacuum line again. Super easy.

The Mishimoto one looks great... like the CP-E but no viewing panel and of course works for 2016+. I personally don't like the closed box type intakes (I feel they restrict air volume) and chose the MAP due to it's really nice build/welds, very fair price... and it's available now. At least we have a couple options now!

mishimoto1

We got you guys covered! We actually finished test fitting the our new adapter piece on a 2016 Fiesta ST last week and everything fit great. We ran the car for a bit to be sure no codes would be immediately thrown. Check them out!

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]
Can we order just the part, to pair with an induction hose?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mishimoto1

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]
Can we order just the part, to pair with an induction hose?

This piece is specifically designed for our induction hose, so if you preordered our induction hose kit, the adapter piece will come with it - otherwise, they will not be sold separately

This piece is specifically designed for our induction hose, so if you preordered our induction hose kit, the adapter piece will come with it - otherwise, they will not be sold separately
Ok sounds good.

Are there any CARB approved intakes for the 2016 FiST? Also was looking at Mountune's page and it looks like there is no high-flow induction hose available for 2016 models. The package for the 2014-15 models includes it, or it can be bought separately but nothing for the 2016?

Are there any CARB approved intakes for the 2016 FiST? Also was looking at Mountune's page and it looks like there is no high-flow induction hose available for 2016 models. The package for the 2014-15 models includes it, or it can be bought separately but nothing for the 2016?
Nothing for the 16 from Mountune. I wanted to stick with them due to getting their exhaust and symposer delete but I've given up. Honestly this Mishimoto intake looks of great quality. I might just stick with replacing the induction hose for cosmetic reasons.

I didn't go through every page again but modbargains has two intakes specifically for the 2016. Injen and...well I forgot the other. I ordered the Injen which should be in this week.

I didn't go through every page again but modbargains has two intakes specifically for the 2016. Injen and...well I forgot the other. I ordered the Injen which should be in this week.
I'll be interested to read your thoughts once installed.

The other option I saw on modbargains.com for 2016 is the Mishimoto intake. I installed this intake a couple days ago, and posted my thoughts:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9793-2016-Mishimoto-air-intake-install-w-pics

Yeah sorry, that's the one that was on there. I have a class to teach right now but then I'll check out your thoughts. Thanks clay.

I have a map Intake on my 16. It's has the t fitting but I still have a cel. I had it come on the first time but no funny idle or anything like that. 5 days later it went away. 2 weeks ago it came back on and is still on. I think I need to get something different maybe?

So it looks like you just cut the stock tubes, added some tubing, a t-fitting, and a PCV valve where needed, and everything was good? This should work with any intake for a 14-15 FiST too, right?

I was able to clear the code by adding in a off the shelf pcv valve from autozone, this also fixed the jumpy RPM and Im back to a smooth normal Idle, it may be ugly and people will do better then these pics but for now I have a nice functional intake with no codes or issues:

the valve I used:

I still look forward to your write up :)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
It doesn't have your typical ricer intake noise. The filter box really keeps it toned down but I've noticed more turbo spool noise and slightly louder bypass valve. Sophisticated would be the word I would use to describe it. They claim 6hp and 10tq gains on a stock tune but I will let the dyno have the final word on that.

To copy my post in another thread:

"This is such a fantastic system, probably the highest quality and most thought out intake I've ever put on any car I've owned. The Wrinkle Red finish is so nice in person. I'm glad I cancelled my induction hose for the entire system. The noise is perfect too, not annoyingly loud or hissy like systems with an open cone in the engine compartment."

It doesn't have your typical ricer intake noise. The filter box really keeps it toned down but I've noticed more turbo spool noise and slightly louder bypass valve. Sophisticated would be the word I would use to describe it. They claim 6hp and 10tq gains on a stock tune but I will let the dyno have the final word on that.

To copy my post in another thread:

"This is such a fantastic system, probably the highest quality and most thought out intake I've ever put on any car I've owned. The Wrinkle Red finish is so nice in person. I'm glad I cancelled my induction hose for the entire system. The noise is perfect too, not annoyingly loud or hissy like systems with an open cone in the engine compartment."
Nice. I may go for it then. Thanks for the reply. I love the clean look too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still think the velossatech Big mouth is the way to go here....it doesn't Pull in hot engine bay air.....period.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that there was a definitive test of that ITG Maxogen system for our cars, as it is the only one which moves the filter outside of the engine compartment altogether.

Although I'm not sure if it has all of the necessary fittings for the '16s or not.