Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 guys with intakes chime in

If anyone with a 2016 fiesta st would help me out it would be greatly appreciated. On the 14-15 there is only one (vacuum??) hose on the induction hose close to the filter end. On the 2016 there is two. Both in the same location on something that looks like a T fitting. image.jpg
I have tried capping off the new line that is not on the 2014-15 car and when you turn the car on it will idle at 2000rpm for maybe 2 seconds then drop to a normal idle. It worried me so I put the stock one back.
The line seams to go straight down to the lower intercooler pipe.
One option I have thought of is a monutune symposer delete and using one of the ports to re route it.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to be taking a look at mine in the morning, as I was going to install a Mountune cold air kit. I'll let you know how mine compares. I also have a Boomba symposer delete so if I need to tap that for vacuum and it works, I'll let you know.

I just took a look at mine and it does appear that they added in a check valve of some kind to the PCV system. I also spoke to COBB and they verified that it is just a change to the emissions/PCV system. COBB has also accounted for the change and all there intakes will fit the 2016MY. I just verified it today when I installed my intake.

**Update: After posting this I went back to install my Cobb crossover pipes and realized that their intake is not adapted to fit the 2016. I called them again and was told to pick up a "T" barb air fitting and rig it as their intake is not approved for 2016 models. I'll post pictures of what I come up with tomorrow night.

OP
Islek123
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for the info. I guess I'll have to wait on them to show the 2016 online. I ended up using a T fitting to put the two together and it makes the idle a little jumpy( maybe 50 rpm up an down at stops). I'm going to keep it until I can get my hands on a 2016 spec intake is for sale

Hey everyone, wanted to add my 2 cents as I found out the hard way that the 16's are different from the earlier models and I think this is pretty important info for 2016 CAI R&D... I bought an intake that said it was for 14-16's and after I put it on I realized I had an extra vac line to nowhere. The 16 models do indeed, have a check-valve on the intake. I did attempt to cap the new line but it threw a code after a couple of days of driving, so I reverted to stock.

MagneFiST

Could you please upload a picture of the T fitting you used and how it looks installed Im trying to do the same on my new 2016 ST

Could you please upload a picture of the T fitting you used and how it looks installed Im trying to do the same on my new 2016 ST
I just picked up a plastic pcv tee fitting from my local parts place. I'm still waiting on a check valve and Ford crankcase vent fittings to come in. I'm trying to put together something so that I can retain the factory hoses and connectors if I ever need to swap back to stock. As soon as I have something put together I'll post a writeup.

Looking forward to the follow up, hopefully it works for ya. I think since its an actual check valve it's not quite as easy as just finding another air source to tap with that extra line.

MagneFiST

I installed the T-fitting and my RPMs are jumpy and I have check engine light, Im thinking seeing if I can seperate the check valve from the plastic intake pipe anyone have a recomendation on how to loosen the glue maybe heat it up with a heat gun?

MagneFiST

I was able to clear the code by adding in a off the shelf pcv valve from autozone, this also fixed the jumpy RPM and Im back to a smooth normal Idle, it may be ugly and people will do better then these pics but for now I have a nice functional intake with no codes or issues:

the valve I used:

I still look forward to your write up :)

^^ Well done! That's exactly the setup I'm going to do. Only thing I'm adding/changing is finding the right size connectors to retain the Ford clips, and using a check valve that cracks at .25psi and can hold up to 35psi. I also saw on Cobb's blog today that they are working on making their intakes compatible with 2016MY.

jayrod1980

I wish I had known about this prior to my intake purchase. I just stumbled onto this with my new MAPerformance intake. Is the check valve inside the stock tube? If not, a normal T fitting would work right? Please let us know NJ if you figure something out. Would be cool if COBB or someone could just release an adapter that would fit on existing stuff. I love what MagnaFIST did but I will not cut the stock Ford lines.

I was able to clear the code by adding in a off the shelf pcv valve from autozone, this also fixed the jumpy RPM and Im back to a smooth normal Idle, it may be ugly and people will do better then these pics but for now I have a nice functional intake with no codes or issues:

the valve I used:

I still look forward to your write up :)
Nice work!

I wish I had known about this prior to my intake purchase. I just stumbled onto this with my new MAPerformance intake. Is the check valve inside the stock tube? If not, a normal T fitting would work right? Please let us know NJ if you figure something out. Would be cool if COBB or someone could just release an adapter that would fit on existing stuff. I love what MagnaFIST did but I will not cut the stock Ford lines.
I'm in the same exact boat as you having the MAPerformance CAI, kind of bummed as it advertises Being for the 16's... Their company is aware of it as they as they said I was the first 16 they knew about this problem, and I too won't cut off the factory clips. Good ideas by everyone though. The check valve is in the "L" inlet sticking out of the intake tube that our green clips connect to. If you have it uninstalled you can blow in and out of the inlet and hear the valve moving.

Each of the Intake manufacturers will have to come up with a solution for this revision if they intend to sell their products for 2016 models. It obviously needs to be plug n play.

Db84drteg

Added a check valve to the small line and capped the line from the charge pipe. Idle is good, no codes thus far.