Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frankie's Fiesta

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41

This was my first time swapping out a turbo and it was not that bad! definitely owe my little brother some Taco Bell for giving me a hand lol

Just have to put intercooler, intake, battery, bumper, etc back on today and fire it up

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Finished putting car back together this morning. Started the car. Ran fine for a min, then oil went all over the ground. Shut off immediately and shit my pants. Luckily it wasn't something too serious. I was worried the oil feed line got cross threaded going in. It ended up just being a broken oil return gasket. Have two on order with 2 day shipping. Hope to be up and running within the next few days.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Car is up and running. Dyno tuning session on Thursday. Will post the results
Good news congrats. So how does it compare to a stage 3 setup? I assume you had full bolt ons before this. I'm curious for your review. Dyno says a lot but I'm curious about driveability and feel with the new setup.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Good news congrats. So how does it compare to a stage 3 setup? I assume you had full bolt ons before this. I'm curious for your review. Dyno says a lot but I'm curious about driveability and feel with the new setup.
Only running on Cobb OTS stage 3 for the moment, so I'm not beating on the car and trying to stay out of boost. Dyno tuning on Thursday.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
How did the dyno day go?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Sorry, haven't updated much on my build thread. So the shop I took it to didn't have a clue on how to tune it. They made like 200hp/225tq to the wheels lol..

I'm having DHM tune it right now. We did a 93 octane tune and now working on an e30 tune. I'll post some pictures of my V dyno's when I can get on my computer later tonight. Making around 240/240 on 93, still tuning the e30 so I'm not sure what I'll make with that

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Different animal compared to stage 3. You no longer have that instant torque, it's builds as you go through the RPM's. Peak torque is around 4000rpms but doesn't fall as badly as a stock turbo. Car pulls hard all the way to redline. It really is how the car should've been made from the factory

Cant wait for mine to get done. I am dieing over here waiting! lol. Thanks for the feedback and the answers in the PM'S. Much appreciated my friend! Looking forward to the end results on the E30!

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Figure out what issues you were having at the track the other day?
A few things. I'll address the time slip you felt the need to post about on Facebook. (Man things get around quick, I don't even have a Facebook)

During that run a car broke down at the line and had to be pushed off. During this time I shut the car off thinking it was going to take a few mins. When I started the car back up I forgot to turn the esc off again, causing a bad 60'. This was also my first time driving the car at the track with the new turbo, I was trying to get a feel for the new set up. Takes a few tries to figure out a good launching rpm, etc. I never claimed to be a great driver. I've only been drag racing less than 10 times my whole life. We are also still working on my tune.

To go on Facebook and act like it has anything to do with your tuning capabilities is a joke. Johns car makes more power than mine, and has meth injection! He probably makes a good 40hp more than me. His only run he ran a 13.8 and he even says my car could hit 13's. So where you get off acting like a 14.6 (bad run, rained out that night also) is the best my car can do than you're on something dude. you lost me as a customer after our text/email exchange. Your arrogant, sarcastic attitude is a total turn off. If others saw how much of an ego you have it would put others off as well. I really wish you the best of luck tuning stage 1 cars and selling spark plugs to people, you seem to be good at it. Just don't talk about my car please.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Can I post my 13.3@104.5mph on a stock intake and no meth injection up as well and claim one car is better than the other, because if that's the case.... I went .5 faster with the same damn 60ft without a protune, on a stock intake, on taller tires that are $76 per tire and a tuning crew of myself.

I made 233whp back then on a dynojet and went to the track two days later the same tune to make that 13.3 pass.

Notice how I haven't posted in any thread about any other hybrid turbo?

Pumaspeed published their compressor wheel specs. Ours is bigger. Ours is a little harder to machine because we are on the ragged edge of the compressor housing. If you look threw enough pictures its a visual different that YOU CAN SEE and when something is measured in 1-0.5mm steps, to see the difference with the naked eye, its a real difference.

Idk how much pumaspeed charges for the "big inlet" but that is the weakest attempt that could possibly be put forward. We charge $150 but its included.

Does puma speed port the exhuast manifold? Lol. Nope.
Does puma speed port the turbine housing? Nope.

Does puma speed offer an external wastegate option? Nope.

And the reason? The reason is the same reason only ONE parts builder ditches our stock crash bar. BECAUSE ITS TOO HARD AND LABOR INTENSE TO DO IT RIGHT.

So.... Someone show me the 13.3 on cheap ass

And JUST FOR FUN...
This is pumaspeeds STAGE2 turbo vs the cyborg.

Pumaspeed stage2

Cyborg

twolf

Can I post my 13.3@104.5mph on a stock intake and no meth injection up as well and claim one car is better than the other, because if that's the case.... I went .5 faster with the same damn 60ft without a protune, on a stock intake, on taller tires that are $76 per tire and a tuning crew of myself.

I made 233whp back then on a dynojet and went to the track two days later the same tune to make that 13.3 pass.
Not to hijack, but it sounds like you need to get back to the track with your new numbers. haha.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Not to hijack, but it sounds like you need to get back to the track with your new numbers. haha.
While I def agree. After I broke that axle, I promised I would not run the car again without slicks. About the time I was looking to buy a set from Russ, my head cracked :(

No worries! I will hopefully put down a bit more power than you did with my full stage 3 setup and russells E30 tune and I will get to the track for all the cyborg users. ;)

I cant believe Adam went and based the cyborg and Frankie like that....Seriously, we are not children on the forum. I personally chose the cyborg for the effectiveness and the price. Is it the fastest most powerful turbo kit out? No...Is the the BEST bang for the buck turbo out there? Yes...Frankie, keep doing your thing, and don't listen to Adam or anyone bashing you for doing what you want.
I have to agree with SS on this one. Puma is a decent option, but NOTHING compared to Cyborg.

There is so much hate going on that shouldn't be on a build thread or any thread at that matter.

What's going on with Adamn, Frank, and Sourskittles should be left between them and under "closed doors". I am the one that gave Adam the time slip and I did say that Frank was working on his tune. I did not mean it in any way negative. Do I agree what Adam has done, not so much but those things do not bother me. Would just make me wanna do better, I hit the track to test my own limits not to bash on others. Yes I ran a 13.8 on my first track day with the pumaspeed turbo, but that gives me a base to surpass. I really want to see Franks car do good, with a similar build as me I'd say he's my friendly rival and I will help in anyway that I can to make sure he gets the best run.

I did almost go with the cyborg turbo, It's a good choice for those that want a stock fitting turbo and want to support someone local (USA). But the reason I went with the pumaspeed was I wanted something that was backed by a company, through testing, product design, and peace of mind. I'm not here to say the cyborg turbo is BAD as there are many customers that are happy with it and that speaks for itself. To each their own, to say the pumaspeed turbo is bad is ignorant to say the cyborg is superior is also ignorant.

So with that being said HAPPY MODDING!

A few things. I'll address the time slip you felt the need to post about on Facebook. (Man things get around quick, I don't even have a Facebook)

During that run a car broke down at the line and had to be pushed off. During this time I shut the car off thinking it was going to take a few mins. When I started the car back up I forgot to turn the esc off again, causing a bad 60'. This was also my first time driving the car at the track with the new turbo, I was trying to get a feel for the new set up. Takes a few tries to figure out a good launching rpm, etc. I never claimed to be a great driver. I've only been drag racing less than 10 times my whole life. We are also still working on my tune.

To go on Facebook and act like it has anything to do with your tuning capabilities is a joke. Johns car makes more power than mine, and has meth injection! He probably makes a good 40hp more than me. His only run he ran a 13.8 and he even says my car could hit 13's. So where you get off acting like a 14.6 (bad run, rained out that night also) is the best my car can do than you're on something dude. you lost me as a customer after our text/email exchange. Your arrogant, sarcastic attitude is a total turn off. If others saw how much of an ego you have it would put others off as well. I really wish you the best of luck tuning stage 1 cars and selling spark plugs to people, you seem to be good at it. Just don't talk about my car please.
I posted it because you and your new tuner decided to bad mouth me to other customers of mine. More so your tuner, which is no surprise since he hates me and that is fine. I still have no qualms with him till this day, in fact I tell people to buy his product often because it's nice not tuning laggy ass ATP setups lol. This might not be true that you were involved but because you eliminated all communications with me because I asked you why you went against my advice even though you asked me for my opinion more than once on the topic (wastegate spring). I asked you simply why, and you disappeared and then you went online saying that I don't like the Cyborg turbo, which I never said. I have tuned about 10 of them already, and am starting on another one today. Hell I just broke 300whp with one the other day, however we are waiting for it to get on a real dyno before we post any numbers.

I will continue to tune stage 1 cars, Cyborg Cars, X-37 cars, GT2554R Cars, GT2867R (Lag missle) cars, and even DHM Quick spool cars. Your retaliation kind of collapsed on itself when you made it seem like all I tune is stage 1 cars (really drop in filter?) when you lost to clearly not a stage 1 car tuned by me. I'm not sure what you were trying to get at, but it wasn't executed very well. Did you need some spark plugs?

I don't think 14.6 is the best run the car can do, and I know for sure that it isn't the best a Cyborg can do as I know what SourSkittle's car runs. Hell, 13.8 isn't anywhere near the best that the X-37 can do either. I posted it in a private group, not publicly, simply to play on the fact that the roles were completely reversed and that was the first outcome for both vehicles at the track. You had problems, he didn't. Was it a semi-douchy move on my part, sure, but so was bad mouthing me. I can only keep to myself the negative things I heard about others for so long. Even then I still didn't single anyone out or mention any names. If you thought I was being arrogant, sarcastic and I have a huge EGO maybe it came off that way because I was a little dumbfounded on why you kept asking me for what spring pressure I wanted you to run on the car that I was tuning at the time, then completely went against my recommendation. When I asked why, and gave you a reason I gave you the pressure that I did you never replied again. I can resend the email to you if you want, but not sure if that will do any good.

You'll get better, just keep going, and keep getting new revisions from DHM when you can. You'll hit a 13 second pass if you can hook, all it takes is time and practice.

No worries! I will hopefully put down a bit more power than you did with my full stage 3 setup and russells E30 tune and I will get to the track for all the cyborg users. ;)

I cant believe Adam went and based the cyborg and Frankie like that....Seriously, we are not children on the forum. I personally chose the cyborg for the effectiveness and the price. Is it the fastest most powerful turbo kit out? No...Is the the BEST bang for the buck turbo out there? Yes...Frankie, keep doing your thing, and don't listen to Adam or anyone bashing you for doing what you want.
I have to agree with SS on this one. Puma is a decent option, but NOTHING compared to Cyborg.

I didn't say who it was, who tuned it, what turbo it was, nor did I say anything bad about it when I shared it in a private group. Just like I said above, I like the Cyborg especially because it is readily available. The X-37 is a performer as well, as you can see for yourself in the build thread of the customer Frankie raced. I even helped with Sourskittle on his car as well when he was having fuel issues with his car. There is nothing wrong with a Cyborg in any sense.

I won't muck up your build thread anymore, if you want to discuss anything that happened Frankie you can drop me an email. I'll gladly reply and help you out if you have any issues.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I posted it because you and your new tuner decided to bad mouth me to other customers of mine. More so your tuner, which is no surprise since he hates me and that is fine. I still have no qualms with him till this day, in fact I tell people to buy his product often because it's nice not tuning laggy ass ATP setups lol. This might not be true that you were involved but because you eliminated all communications with me because I asked you why you went against my advice even though you asked me for my opinion more than once on the topic (wastegate spring). I asked you simply why, and you disappeared and then you went online saying that I don't like the Cyborg turbo, which I never said. I have tuned about 10 of them already, and am starting on another one today. Hell I just broke 300whp with one the other day, however we are waiting for it to get on a real dyno before we post any numbers.

I will continue to tune stage 1 cars, Cyborg Cars, X-37 cars, GT2554R Cars, GT2867R (Lag missle) cars, and even DHM Quick spool cars. Your retaliation kind of collapsed on itself when you made it seem like all I tune is stage 1 cars (really drop in filter?) when you lost to clearly not a stage 1 car tuned by me. I'm not sure what you were trying to get at, but it wasn't executed very well. Did you need some spark plugs?

I don't think 14.6 is the best run the car can do, and I know for sure that it isn't the best a Cyborg can do as I know what SourSkittle's car runs. Hell, 13.8 isn't anywhere near the best that the X-37 can do either. I posted it in a private group, not publicly, simply to play on the fact that the roles were completely reversed and that was the first outcome for both vehicles at the track. You had problems, he didn't. Was it a semi-douchy move on my part, sure, but so was bad mouthing me. I can only keep to myself the negative things I heard about others for so long. Even then I still didn't single anyone out or mention any names. If you thought I was being arrogant, sarcastic and I have a huge EGO maybe it came off that way because I was a little dumbfounded on why you kept asking me for what spring pressure I wanted you to run on the car that I was tuning at the time, then completely went against my recommendation. When I asked why, and gave you a reason I gave you the pressure that I did you never replied again. I can resend the email to you if you want, but not sure if that will do any good.

You'll get better, just keep going, and keep getting new revisions from DHM when you can. You'll hit a 13 second pass if you can hook, all it takes is time and practice.

I didn't say who it was, who tuned it, what turbo it was, nor did I say anything bad about it when I shared it in a private group. Just like I said above, I like the Cyborg especially because it is readily available. The X-37 is a performer as well, as you can see for yourself in the build thread of the customer Frankie raced. I even helped with Sourskittle on his car as well when he was having fuel issues with his car. There is nothing wrong with a Cyborg in any sense.

I won't muck up your build thread anymore, if you want to discuss anything that happened Frankie you can drop me an email. I'll gladly reply and help you out if you have any issues.
Just remember the customer that told you I was bad mouthing you was burning you at the stake 5sec before. If you have not learned this yet you have along way to go. If you got a prob with me bring it to me and leave the customers out of it. You got "ammo" on me and I got "ammo" on you. I remember along time ago I sent you parts to help you and your cause because I'm that kinda person.

Just like our mutual customer that jumped in to bash me too in that same post but was all buddy buddy to me when I was seeing if he was happy with our turbo kit. I check up on every customer no matter who tunes it. I care for everyone equally. We are professionals in this business move on I'll do DHM and you keep doing Tune+

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Heck yea super excited for Frank to hit the track again!

After some tuning and testing on the street we go a much smoother power delivery between gears and ill let the pictures show the rest. Look at the boost and airflow(hp) fall out on each shift. There was alot of time and power being wasted but its all better now! Cant wait to hit the track again!

Russ

Old FFS

New FFS