Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best way to care for leather trim on Recaros?

I have the partial leather Recaro seats and was curious about the best method to care for the leather parts of the seats. I've never owned a vehicle with leather anything, so this aspect of cleaning and maintenance is new to me. Thanks!

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #3
For some reason I though it'd be more complicated. I'll check out Adams products and see how they suit me. Are they something I can find in the auto parts store, or is it an online type of thing?

I use the Griot's Garage 3-in-1 product, you can get it from local parts stores. Easy to apply, a dab or two on a micro fiber cloth and rub it into the leather, let it sit for a moment then wipe it clean with a clean micro fiber.

Easy to use, and it smells great. I did my interior in about 25-30 minutes. The tricky part is to not get it on any of the cloth inserts, but it isn't that hard.

Although a 3 in one product or 2 in one product works, if you want the best results, get a leather cleaner and a separate conditioner. I prefer meguiars as I buy their products by the gallon, but most work. Something to note, you do NOT want your leather to be shiny. Shiny=bad, it will dry out and crack. Some conditioners contain silicones that make leather shiny, and those are terrible for leather, silicones cause the leather to dry out faster and crack. The cleaner will take out any body oils and dirt that will make the leather shiny, the conditioner will rehydrate the leather after cleaning it. A mistake many people make is applying too much conditioner. A little bit goes a long way.

I conditioned my Recaros with the Meguiars conditioning cream today on my car which is less than 2 months old and the leather sucked up that stuff like it'd been in the sun for years. The leather seems really dry to me. I wouldn't wait to start conditioning them if you have the Recaros - I'll probably make a point of conditioning them every couple months until I feel like the leather isn't so parched.