Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

• Motorcraft

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • Havoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Castro

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Valvoline

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 122 27.8%
  • Pure Gaurd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 62 14.1%

• Total voters
Pennzoil, hands down

I like Amsoil as well and I use it on occasion, but Pennzoil has been coming out on top in a lot of technical comparisons

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I definitely give a thumbs up on Pennzoil synthetics, especially the Ultra. Amsoil is cheaper ( I have an Amsoil account) and easier to get for me. Plus, I used it on my 2009 WRX and my 2011 Mustang GT with great results. The WRX was subject to extremely aggressive driving and cold starting in temps as low as -36 F and the Mustang had over 200 passes at the drag strip along with aggressive street driving. Both had typically 4000 to 6000 mile oil change intervals. The Amsoil worked flawlessly for me with those cars. I also used the Amsoil EA oil filters a lot of the time. I used to use Mobil 1 (as well as Royal Purple) but after seeing how bad it sheered in a lot of UOAs posted on NASIOC back in the day, I quit using it. Plus my engine was always noisy with Mobil 1.

Whatever the dealership puts in her. I would love to go to some higher-end stuff. But, keeping the "free tires for life" thing up, for now.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Anyone looked into the Pennzoil Platinum ? Diverted from natural gas. They claim its the next big thing, or is it just the next big marketing ploy ?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Anyone looked into the Pennzoil Platinum ? Diverted from natural gas. They claim its the next big thing, or is it just the next big marketing ploy ?
I saw the new pennzoil platinum bottles on the shelf the other day and I was wondering the same thing.

I saw the new pennzoil platinum bottles on the shelf the other day and I was wondering the same thing.
www.bobistheoilguy.com Go here and learn on your own to make your own opinion on the mater at hand.

I will say any oil that meets the manual specs will work just fine for the recommended oil change interval.

I am using PPPP (Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus) in 0w-20 flavor. Just for that extra bit of cold start flow.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've spent plenty of time on www.bobistheoilguy.com when I had my Subaru...there's enough info on that site to give yourself a headache. Even though there is a lot of testing done on that site, most of the information is still based on personal preference. You are right to say that any oil that meets Ford's specs will be fine for the recommended oil change interval.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I've spent plenty of time on www.bobistheoilguy.com when I had my Subaru...there's enough info on that site to give yourself a headache. Even though there is a lot of testing done on that site, most of the information is still based on personal preference. You are right to say that any oil that meets Ford's specs will be fine for the recommended oil change interval.
100%. I prefer Penn Ultra.

Butterybunz

Just did an oil change today. Put in Valvoline full synthetic 5w-20 @ 7,000 miles. It was on sale. $30 for 5qts and a Bosch filter.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use Motorcraft full synthetic because Henry is my hero.

Dave

I run 5W30 "Super Tech" 100% synthetic from Walmart. It also is a "contract" oil that Walmart purchases from another vendor. I really can't tell you what the actual source brand is, but it works well in all of my cars (3 forced induction and 2 NA), RV (6.8 Ford V-10), and scooters. I've run several name-brand oils over the years, including Mobile 1 and Redline synthetics. The plain no-name off-the-shelf oils today are so much better than they were 50 years ago that you really can't go wrong with any brand sold today. Metals technology and engine designs are also much better (except a few from Toyota).

I still prefer synthetics as I run my vehicles pretty hard and usually keep them for 15+ years.

I run the 5w40 Rotella T-6 in my Ducati 1198SP Superbike, 1100SP Hypermotard, and RSV4 Aprilia Superbike.

I have run the 5w30 SuperTech synthetic literally hundreds of thousands of miles in my vehicles. Oh, and I change it and filter at 5k miles.

Butterybunz

The dipstick is hard as shit to read on these cars. I honestly cannot for the life of me read it after my recent oil change. So I put is 4.3qts and am hoping for the best.

I doubt the engine longevity would be hurt using any major brand of semi-syn or full synthetic oil changed at regular intervals. Car enthusiasts generally fuss over their cars more than than their own health. Funny that.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I run 5W30 "Super Tech" 100% synthetic from Walmart. It also is a "contract" oil that Walmart purchases from another vendor. I really can't tell you what the actual source brand is, but it works well in all of my cars (3 forced induction and 2 NA), RV (6.8 Ford V-10), and scooters. I've run several name-brand oils over the years, including Mobile 1 and Redline synthetics. The plain no-name off-the-shelf oils today are so much better than they were 50 years ago that you really can't go wrong with any brand sold today. Metals technology and engine designs are also much better (except a few from Toyota).

I still prefer synthetics as I run my vehicles pretty hard and usually keep them for 15+ years.

I run the 5w40 Rotella T-6 in my Ducati 1198SP Superbike, 1100SP Hypermotard, and RSV4 Aprilia Superbike.

I have run the 5w30 SuperTech synthetic literally hundreds of thousands of miles in my vehicles. Oh, and I change it and filter at 5k miles.
I used to run the Rotella T-6 5w-40 in my WRX. Very good oil!! I was in Minnesota at the time and I ran it year round (-35 to 90 degrees F).

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm trying the new penn platinum made with natural gas. Interesting stuff as it will replace penn ultra in a year or so.