Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

• Motorcraft

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • Havoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Castro

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Valvoline

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 122 27.8%
  • Pure Gaurd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 62 14.1%

• Total voters

me32

1000 Post Club
Im using mobil 1 extended performance 5w20. I would use pensoil ultra but for some reason no place in my area carries it anymore. Only the pensoil platinum.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have been successful with royal purple in vehicles I like. Those I don't I use the cheapest synthetic on sale, but still a synthetic and no engine that i have ran over 300,000 km (180000 mi) have never burnt/leaked any oil.

MOFiST

The dealer here issues Caltex Havoline Energy 5W30 semi synthetic. Seems OK. I may enquire about full synthetic next time but this oil meets spec and the engine is still breaking in.

Motorcraft is a value that is nearly impossible to beat. The semi-synthetic 5w20 is at Wallmart for $17 in a 5-quart jug, and is one of the best semi-synths on the market. For my first couple oil changes I'm going with the Motorcraft Full-Synthetic 5w20 because I am getting a massive discount at my dealership on it (it is usually prohibitively expensive). Once my discount runs out, I'll be switching to Kendall GT-1 5w20 Full Synthetic. The Kendall is nearly identical to the Motorcraft Full-Synth but with a better additive pack and a cheaper price. You wont find a nicer full-synth on the market, and I trust the company that makes the FoMoCo oil.

Im using mobil 1 extended performance 5w20. I would use pensoil ultra but for some reason no place in my area carries it anymore. Only the pensoil platinum.
Because the name was phased out. Now its called Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Less confusing for the masses. Has the GTL tech of oil from natural gas.

I use this or the Platinum. Whichever one is on sale at the time I need oil.

me32

1000 Post Club
Because the name was phased out. Now its called Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Less confusing for the masses. Has the GTL tech of oil from natural gas.

I use this or the Platinum. Whichever one is on sale at the time I need oil.
Ultra plantinum is the one thats no longer in any store in my area or in 100miles. So mobile 1 EP does the job.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ondependent tests have shown that royal purple is the worst performing synthetic oil on the market. Just like Fram filters, marketing can sell shit products to the uneducated public.

Not saying it is "bad" oil,just that you pay a premium price for mediocre product.
Hmm interesting. Got links to those? Im a data junkie love reading.

me32

1000 Post Club
Ondependent tests have shown that royal purple is the worst performing synthetic oil on the market. Just like Fram filters, marketing can sell shit products to the uneducated public.

Not saying it is "bad" oil,just that you pay a premium price for mediocre product.
They make a good rearend gear oil

I haven't seen tests where Royal Purple is bad, just that it's pretty average and not worth the extra money. Some OTS oils have better test results and UOAs.

I have seen tests where Redline is pretty bad though. I wouldn't even put it in my lawn mower personally.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I use Castrol oils and always have since my first car, a Mazda R100 for the few that might recognize it's importance to performance cars.

Why? It's a good oil and a offers a free warranty on your engine. I have never had to use the warranty but I was relieved to know it was there. Almost 300K on my hard driven BMW 320 IS and no oil burning....The FiST will like my other cars be around for many, many miles so I will again use Castrol. After break-in I will switch to the Castrol EDGE Platinum with Titanium and be relieved that the engine/turbo will be covered for 15 years and 500,000 miles if anything does happen. The FiST engine is producing over 2 HP per cubic inch and under those harsh conditions I think a long term warranty may be needed, I just don't see this little powerhouse lasting hundreds of thousands of mile of my spirited driving, could be wrong and hope I am. And Mods are OK with the Castrol warranty as long as you do not engage in "competition"......

Is Castrol the "best" oil......who knows. But I'm going to change my oil regularly with a premium product anyway so why not use a free warranty? I like free and hope I don't use it. And no, I have no financial interest in Castrol nor BP. Actually after what BP did to my home state of LA I should hate BP! But Castrol has served me well for over 40 Years....long before BP bought them out. On the other hand one of my sons rebuilds/resells GM LS series V8 engines and does not like Castrol at all and thinks all dino oil is trash. And I have seen the dino oil sludge in rebuilding one with him, I was surprised for the low miles on the engine at the gunk in the oil pan. I wonder now what the inside of my BMW's oil pan looks like?

That is my two cents worth but the bottom line is this......change your oil often and don't use cheap oil! I have never heard of an engine damaged by changing the oil too often.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Super Titanium Plutonium 5w-20. Is there even anything else? [driving]
I see you too are confused by their marketing jargon, lol. They have really good stuff that is supposed to be like 7-11% better than mobil1 syn, then the have platinum plutonium plus+ sport magic ride race premium that is supposed to be 25% better than mobil1 syn. ( if you believe pennoils test results/marketing ).