Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

What oil brand do you use on your Fiesta ST?

• Motorcraft

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • Havoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quaker State

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Castro

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Valvoline

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Pennzoil

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Mobil

Votes: 122 27.8%
  • Pure Gaurd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 62 14.1%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Agreed, on the MLM thing (and the whole cultish, group think, testimonial thing), and I personally would NEVER 'buy into' selling Amsoil's product myself, but that does not mean that their products are not very good quality for personal use.

Whether or not they are any "better" at all than the Kendall/Castrol titanium full synthetics (for daily use) is a whole 'nother 'kettle o' fish'. [wink]

My understanding about the OCOD (Orange Can Of Death LOL!) company's oil filters is that their Ultra line is actually equal to, or superior to most of the other premium filters out there as far as; strength of can/element, bypass valve quality, spring quality/function, construction, longevity, efficiency, etc. goes (and it is < $9.00 at Sino Mart).

But yes, I would stay away from their other lines, despite many on bitog claiming that they are now perfectly OK to use with no worries.

For this car I am going to use either; Fram Ultra, Motorcraft, Amsoil EaO, Mobil 1, Wix/NAPA Gold, or possibly Mahle (if I can find them).

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
^^^Agreed, on the MLM thing (and the whole cultish, group think, testimonial thing), and I personally would NEVER 'buy into' selling Amsoil's product myself, but that does not mean that their products are not very good quality for personal use.

Whether or not they are any "better" at all than the Kendall/Castrol titanium full synthetics (for daily use) is a whole 'nother 'kettle o' fish'. [wink]

My understanding about the OCOD (Orange Can Of Death LOL!) company's oil filters is that their Ultra line is actually equal to, or superior to most of the other premium filters out there as far as; strength of can/element, bypass valve quality, spring quality/function, construction, longevity, efficiency, etc. goes (and it is < $9.00 at Sino Mart).

But yes, I would stay away from their other lines, despite many on bitog claiming that they are now perfectly OK to use with no worries.

For this car I am going to use either; Fram Ultra, Motorcraft, Amsoil EaO, Mobil 1, Wix/NAPA Gold, or possibly Mahle (if I can find them).

Thanks for the info. I have heard all the Fram disaster stories, the best was the $8000 BMW engine "destroyed" by a collapsed filter. I have seen many many references to all the damaged cars. What worries me is that nowhere do you read where they filed a claim on the Fram warranty. If it was my "$8000" dollar BMW engine it would have been repaired by the Fram warranty. All they had to do was file a claim and return the "collapsed" filter. I think I will stick to the Ford 400s. BTW what is a "SINO" store?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I'm correct did some one say Kendall GT max was very good oil??
Yes, and it FULLY and unequivocally meets (probably BEATS), and is certified to, the Ford 945B spec for our cars. [thumb] [:)]

Availability, IF you don't like online mail ordering, is it's only drawback. [:(]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
If I'm correct did some one say Kendall GT max was very good oil??
Same as Motorcraft Full Synthetic.....has titanium. Ford is big on Titanium. Only two have it to my knowledge,one is the Kendall GT MAX and the other in Castrol Edge. Kendall is the Ford factory oil and the Edge is a sponsor and used in the Ford GTLM race car. Finding the Motorcraft and the Kendall has been a challenge. Online at

https://petroleumservicecompany.com/

case (12) 5W-20 Kendall GT MAX delivered $55.00.....$4.60 QT

Same as Motorcraft Full Synthetic.....has titanium. Ford is big on Titanium. Only two have it to my knowledge,one is the Kendall GT MAX and the other in Castrol Edge. Kendall is the Ford factory oil and the Edge is a sponsor and used in the Ford GTLM race car. Finding the Motorcraft and the Kendall has been a challenge. Online at

https://petroleumservicecompany.com/

case (12) 5W-20 Kendall GT MAX delivered $55.00.....$4.60 QT
Okay I though so but you won't believe me that I walked in a 99cents store and what did I see Kendall 5w30!!! I couldn't believe it lol should i go back and buy 100 !!!

Yes, and it FULLY and unequivocally meets (probably BEATS), and is certified to, the Ford 945B spec for our cars. [thumb] [:)]

Availability, IF you don't like online mail ordering, is it's only drawback. [:(]
Would you believe me if I saw it in my local 99c store but 5w30!!

So after reading this, am I correct in assuming the Castrol Edge EP is pretty much on par with the Kendall and Motorcraft? If so, seems like a no brainer since it's easier to find.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I would agree with that.....I am a firm believer in the Titanium additive and so if seems is Ford. It also seems lots of other people are as last week Wally World here, all 3 stores, were sold out of the Castrol Edge EP 5W-20 5 QT jug. I still have 12 Qt of the Kendall GT MAX so I am good for 18 months but I'll watch for a great sale on the Castrol Edge EP. Still hard to beat $4.50 a Qt on my doorstep for the Kendall, 10 feet from my garage. I retired to do exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it. (If my wife will let me.) I can promise you I do not exactly want to go to Wally World to buy anything!

Just checked and it is $8.42 QT singles or $28.00 W/tax free shipping to store for 5 QT jug for me. Still a buck more a QT than the Kendall. BTW, I am sure I am not the norm as I buy almost everything but groceries online!

Well, I wouldn't mind ordering online, but I'm doing my RMM this weekend and figured I'd change the oil while I was at it. I figure it's much more likely I'll find the Castrol locally than the other two, and ordering online may not get here by Saturday, unless I used Prime or something.

I'm using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20. Switched to zero weight primarily due to very cold operating temperatures at work. Coldest it has seen for a startup when heading home is -9F so far. With 5w20, I could hear a brief tap from the bottom end as oil pressure climbed. With 0w20, I don't hear that noise at all.

Well, I wouldn't mind ordering online, but I'm doing my RMM this weekend and figured I'd change the oil while I was at it. I figure it's much more likely I'll find the Castrol locally than the other two, and ordering online may not get here by Saturday, unless I used Prime or something.
I order my Motul 8100 on amazon. $34 for 5-liters. Free next day shipping on $35+ orders. So changing my oil last minute is doable.
https://www.amazon.com/Motul-007250...TF8&qid=1493068219&sr=8-1&keywords=motul+8100

Plus with this oil you can run a couple track events without changing it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I order my Motul 8100 on amazon. $34 for 5-liters. Free next day shipping on $35+ orders. So changing my oil last minute is doable.
https://www.amazon.com/Motul-007250...TF8&qid=1493068219&sr=8-1&keywords=motul+8100

Plus with this oil you can run a couple track events without changing it.
Really good stuff, but IF I am going to run a 40 weight Motul oil (especially for open tracking), it is going to be their EXCELLENT, mostly ester base stock, highly additized, 0W-40 300V Trophy.
(Of course it is about twice that price for only 4 liters [:(], but my local tuner shop has it right on the shelf, so no shipping, but yes tax.)

Right now I have their Specific 948B 5W-20 in the sump for this OCI.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For the next change, to be done within the next few weeks, I am going to try the Amsoil Signiture Series 5W-20, with one of their EaO filters.

I want that crazy high starting TBN in the sump for the fuel diluting winter OCI. ;)