Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does "Do not Disturb" stop making text messaging sounds?

I swear my Sync used to stop making the notification sounds while driving if I hit the "Do not Disturb" button. Now that I've updated Sync to the latest version and my iphone, every text message cuts out my stereo and plays the notification sound through the speakers, even if I've hit Do Not Disturb. Anyone else have this? Maybe it always did.

I swear my Sync used to stop making the notification sounds while driving if I hit the "Do not Disturb" button. Now that I've updated Sync to the latest version and my iphone, every text message cuts out my stereo and plays the notification sound through the speakers, even if I've hit Do Not Disturb. Anyone else have this? Maybe it always did.
Hi demonkey,

Apple's Do not Disturb feature is supposed to silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. If you really don't want your text notifications coming through SYNC, I suggest turning AirPlay off: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289 This will allow all of your notifications to go through your phone instead.

I hope this helps.

I believe [MENTION=2474]FordIVTteam[/MENTION]; may be able to shed some light.
CanadianGuy,

Thanks for summoning us. :)

Shaay

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
I meant the Do Not Disturb option on the Sync Touchscreen. Thanks for the quick response!

I meant the Do Not Disturb option on the Sync Touchscreen. Thanks for the quick response!
demonkey,

When the Do Not Disturb feature is activated, all calls are supposed go directly to your voicemail and not ring inside the vehicle. Text message notifications are also suppressed. Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Shaay