Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Cooling Deflectors / Ducts - Boomba Racing

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Ya looks alot like the Porsche deflectors. In for finished product pics/info. Available in fun Boomba colors?
Of course they'll be available in all of our normal color choices!

What you're looking at here is just a prototype, one of our test units.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
One thing I really like about the design is that it would be very easy to add more material to them via ABS or aluminum sheets riveted on if your use requires a bit more air flow.

I went through my stock pads in 12k street miles so yes need something to cool them down. Looking forward to finish product release and a PRE Sale!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tape or paint on temp gauge on rotors and calipers, could put some on the hubs to check the bearing temps as well as one can.

Infrared probe could be useful as well.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
The results can be measured with various sensors or even a digital thermostat gun where you can test temps before and after the installation of the part on the same track.

We are also pairing these with a custom dust shield duct to make them even more effective.

There will probably be pictures of that on our Facebook over the weekend ;)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think this product will be a bigger hit than you guys think :)
Ever fist on the road could use these.

Siestarider

I have disk temp paint and caliper stickers, and data from 3 track days and two tracks. Both of these methods of recording brake temps only get peaks, I would guess better cooling is related to average temp more than peak temps, but I am willing to be wrong.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member