Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maxton Design Front Splitter

koozy

3000 Post Club
I installed this splitter made out of ABS by Maxton Design and wanted to share some photos.

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice. I think I'd have to paint it gloss black if I were to buy it though. How did the install go?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Looks pretty nice. I think I'd have to paint it gloss black if I were to buy it though. How did the install go?
You can paint it, but they are also available in 3 different finishes, gloss black, carbon fiber look and molet, which is what I have and prefer it to be low maintenance, since it's going to get pelted by rocks and scrape driveways anyways. Install is pretty straight forward. It comes with all of the hardware, instructions and glue which I did not use. A minor mod to the splitter was made to bolt up to a US spec FiST without having to mod the car other than drilling holes into the bumper to mount the splitter.

Interesting. These are meant for the euro bumper but your install went smoothly. Nice to know.

Koozy, it looks great. Did you take any pictures of the splitter before install and could you post a phot of it from under the car. I have been looking at this splitter for a while and wondered how far back it goes towards the front tires.

You can paint it, but they are also available in 3 different finishes, gloss black, carbon fiber look and molet, which is what I have and prefer it to be low maintenance, since it's going to get pelted by rocks and scrape driveways anyways. Install is pretty straight forward. It comes with all of the hardware, instructions and glue which I did not use. A minor mod to the splitter was made to bolt up to a US spec FiST without having to mod the car other than drilling holes into the bumper to mount the splitter.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Koozy, it looks great. Did you take any pictures of the splitter before install and could you post a phot of it from under the car. I have been looking at this splitter for a while and wondered how far back it goes towards the front tires.
Here's a pic before install. I don't have one after and I don't know if I can fit a camera under there while the car is on the ground to get a good shot. Might be awhile until I lift the car up for something, so hopefully this one will do and give you an idea.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Hey, I found a photo while the front clip was off the car and test fitting showing the splitter mounted to the bumper cover from the inside. It shows a good view of how far back the splitter goes.

So to clarify, the fitment was pefect? You didnt have to drill any extra holes or anything at all?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
So to clarify, the fitment was pefect? You didnt have to drill any extra holes or anything at all?
I drilled an extra hole on each side, because I didn't want to use the glue that was included. The extra hole is 'extra' on the splitter, but not on the bumper cover. I matched the hole on the bumper cover to the splitter. I also cut off the "ears" on each side of the splitter, so that I did not have to remove or modify any of the OE plastics on a US Spec FiST. Other than that everything else lined up and fit as you can see in the photos. I've included pics below to try to help describe.

I'm picking one up tomorrow. You don't feel the need to use any of those support rods with this? No vibrations or anything?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk