Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AccessPort and AccessTuner Race Updates Released

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI...

Accessport Update Available:

A New Accessport Firmware Update was released ...

Details:

https://static.cobbtuning.com/support/releasenotes/AP3-FOR-001.html

[HR][/HR]
AccessTuner Race Program Update:

A new program update has been released for AccessTuner Race.....For those using AccessTuner Race for Self Tuning there appears to be new Features and Maps made available...

Some significant changes made to "selectable map" section....

Details:

https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-tuner-release-notes

New Features:

Added Map Comparison Feature:

Accesstuner now comes equipped with a map comparison tool which allows users to quickly identify table changes made. See the new "Compare" menu for feature mapping. These new tools allow 2 maps to be compared against each other.

Added New Toggles (all cars):

Enable default OAR on reset Enable Forced Map Slot on Startup Enable Forced OAR on Startup Enable Load Limit (FSC) Override Enable CSER Fuel Mode
New Toggle for Automatics:
Enable Prediction RPM based Upshifts
Added Force Map Slot on Startup Functionality
Default Map Slot (Table) - This value will be used each time the ECU is re-flashed or reset. The next startup will restore the map slot the vehicle was referencing before shut off. To enable this feature simply enable the "(C) Enable Forced Map Slot On Startup" toggle and setup the corresponding table "Default Map Slot".

Added Force OAR On Reset/Startup Feature:

Default OAR (Table) - When used with the "(C) Enable Default OAR On Reset" or "(C) Enable Forced OAR On Startup" toggles, this value will be the starting point for Octane Learning when the toggle conditions are met.

Added 5-Way TIP Desired Target (Per Gear) Feature:

5-Way TIP Desired Target (Per Gear) with Accelerator Pedal Position activation thresholds This new feature allows for the ultimate combination of custom boost control by allowing the OEM system to retain dynamic torque based control at part throttle and precision targeting at Wide Open Throttle. This system combined with our other custom features is highly effective with big power applications using aftermarket turbochargers.

Also includes the following table additions

TIP Desired Target (Per Gear) Baro. Comp. - Barometric Pressure compensation for use with the 5-way implementation. This allows for dynamic atmospheric conditions to be accounted for when using direct pressure targets.

TIP Desired Target (Per Gear) CAT Comp. - Charge Air Temperature compensation for use with the 5-way implementation. This allows for dynamic atmospheric conditions to be accounted for when using direct pressure targets.

TIP Desired Max. (Ceiling) Per Gear Comp. - Allows for increased TIP Ceiling when using 5-way TIP Desired feature. This allows applications using increased pressure targets in each gear to no longer be clipped by the ceiling settings.

Load Max. (FSC) Override table:

Load Max. (FSC) - Removed hard coded load limit and replaced with user adjustable limit. This limit prevented high power applications from using Load based strategies by clipping the maximum amount of load that could be requested/generated. This table requires the "(C) Enable Load Limit (FSC) Override" toggle to be enabled for use.

WG Canister Pressure Desired (FF):

This is the base table used for predicting wastegate actuator canister delta pressure as generated by the turbo wastegate controls when the "Configure 5-Way WG Canister Pressure (FF)" is set to 1. The OEM settings work well at stock boost levels, but can quickly become unfavorable as boost is raised. The new 5-Way version of this table allows for the OEM turbine model to be shelved in favor of a more direct TIP Desired vs TIP Actual model. Making changes to this table will result in a direct change in the lookup behavior of the X-Axis for the OEM WGDC Base table. The lookup value from this table is then added to the current Barometric Pressure to create the P-Term PID. The lookup value can be monitored using the custom "(C) WG Canister Pressure Base

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Here are the release notes I found for Firmware Update 1.7.2.0-11281: biggest thing is support for Fiesta 2016
https://static.cobbtuning.com/support/releasenotes/AP3-FOR-001.html

Date:

11/4/2015

New Features:

Added Restore OTS Map Option

The V3 Accessport can now restore OTS maps that have been deleted (see "Tune" --> "Restore OTS Maps")

Added support for custom user start-up screens
Added custom user boot-up screen support. Use AP Manager 2.1.1.12 to setup. Optimal boot-up screen size: 240 wide x 320 pixels tall.

Added I/M Readiness Reader Support
Added "I/M Readiness" tool to the "Troubleshooting" menu for reading emissions readiness test statuses from your vehicle.
Feature is available in both "uninstalled" and "installed" device states.

New Vehicle Support: 2016 Fiesta ST USDM - map notes
Anti-Theft Mode v220.ptm
Valet Mode v220.ptm
Stage3 93 v220.ptm
Stage3 91 v220.ptm
Stage2 93 v220.ptm
Stage2 91 v220.ptm
Stage1 93 v220.ptm
Stage1 91 v220.ptm
Stage0 v220.ptm

Map Updates: 2013-2014 (and 2015 EDM) Focus ST ADM/ EDM - map notes
Anti-Theft Mode v320.ptm
Stage0 v320.ptm
Stage1 89 v320.ptm
Stage1 95 v320.pt
Stage1 98 v320.ptm
Stage2 95 v320.ptm
Stage2 98 v320.ptm
Stage3 95 v320.ptm
Stage3 98 v320.ptm
Valet Mode v320.ptm

Map Updates: 2013-2015 Focus ST USDM - map notes
Anti-Theft Mode v320.ptm
Stage0 v320.ptm
Stage1 87 v320.ptm
Stage1 91 v320.pt
Stage1 93 v320.ptm
Stage2 91 v320.ptm
Stage2 93 v320.ptm
Stage3 91 v320.ptm
Stage3 93 v320.ptm
Valet Mode v320.ptm

Map Updates: 2014-2015 Fiesta ST USDM - map notes
Anti-Theft Mode v220.ptm
Stage0 v220.ptm
Stage1 91 v220.pt
Stage1 93 v220.ptm
Stage2 91 v220.ptm
Stage2 93 v220.ptm
Stage3 91 v220.ptm
Stage3 93 v220.ptm
Valet Mode v220.ptm

Improvements:

User Experience Improvements

The following features are improvements bundled into the new map updates:
Improvement - Ford Focus ST models no longer uses the up/down arrows to indicate map slot change events. The tachometer needle will be used now to indicate map slot changes.
Bug Fixes - Fixed a rare issue that resulted in certain vehicles starting in "Economy" map slots after installation or change map.
Improvement - Default OAR On Reset - The OAR will now be reset anytime the ECU is reset or reflashed.
Custom feature documentation can be found here

Siestarider

I was logging pulls today, actually coast-down testing for aero , and noticed the new S3 tune is producing up to 24 lbs/min air flow at 6500 rpm. That is around 10% more flow than any of my V .201 log files indicate. I was stoked to run Virtual Dyno, found I accidentally deleted rpm when I was simplifying log parameters and adding vehicle speed. NO rpm no VD results.

Based on other parameters, my rig looks to be up about 5 hp over prior tune. Plus it runs better than ever.

Great work Cobb!

Now have to go back out and log with rpm on to prove it.

Siestarider

I am going to apply for ASTM certification of my butt dyno. Butt dyno yesterday told me 5 hp, today data say average hp up 5. Peak hp about the same.

This shows east and west pulls today (red and blue), with one of my best Cobb S3 V201 (green) pulls on the same road from May 2015.

Checked a bunch of data, looks like on my rig the 5 hp I guessed is due to 20 lbs torque increase early.

Main thing I look for in raw data is delta t between 2500 and 6500 rpm, down about 0.15 seconds from 7.6 sec best with v201 to 7.45 with v220.

Cobb is a great outfit to keep developing this. The new tune not only performs better, it feels better.

koozy

3000 Post Club
i'm having traction problems. [biggrin] here's a dirty VD graph, because of lack of traction. ethanol tune based off the latest v220 maps. e50_v220_v1.jpg

Siestarider

That TQ and HP at 3000 rpm! Surprised the local FD was not called for the tire smoke. If you can get it hooked up its going to really be something.

koozy

3000 Post Club
i'm backing it down and trying out some new tables Cobb has added with the latest update to the Race Tuner software. I can't realistically use all that torque down low on street tires and I don't want to push my luck and start breaking stuff. I don't want to find out what the limits of the rods or rod bolts are.

i'm backing it down and trying out some new tables Cobb has added with the latest update to the Race Tuner software. I can't realistically use all that torque down low on street tires and I don't want to push my luck and start breaking stuff. I don't want to find out what the limits of the rods or rod bolts are.
Good luck breaking things. [:D]

I saw that after posting, but now wonder if it means that psuedo-fuel economy has been deleted, or has full economy been eliminated? Also, I see all of the other OTS maps still present on the cobb site, but no economy. If I was to pick up an ATR, can I download from the AP to the ATR and then pick a slot for 5-way switching? Thanks for your help!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #14
I saw that after posting, but now wonder if it means that psuedo-fuel economy has been deleted, or has full economy been eliminated? Also, I see all of the other OTS maps still present on the cobb site, but no economy. If I was to pick up an ATR, can I download from the AP to the ATR and then pick a slot for 5-way switching? Thanks for your help!
I have Economy Mode Map stored in my files...send me a PM with your email and I'll shoot you over a copy...its for '14 FiST...

As far as ATR... You can now load 2 OTS maps (one working map / one comparison map) at the same time and compare the differences of all OTS maps which is a great tool to have...This came in very handy recently to identify and update my custom tune with COBB's newly revised dynamic timing advance strategy along with a few other tuning strategy changes they made for example...

You won't be able to transfer the entire "stand alone" ECO map to an individual slot because that's not how the selectable map section works in ATR (you'll see more after reviewing the program)....To over simplify you can change boost, power demand fueling, and timing for each individual slot selected along with a few other features...Once you see the differences between maps it will become clearer as to what needs to be changed to add an eco mode map slot to suit your needs....

Here is a brief description of functionality of ATR by COBB

https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-custom-features