Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Race Fiesta ST Big Turbo Kit

Sweet stuff. Full race is the shit.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If you run an EFR you will want to run it with an SX-E style compressor cover. On our cars, how the EFR's react with the intake and just the natural frequencies, it creates a really audible noise in the cabin that sounds like a squeal and can be quite an annoyance. With that comes the need to have a blow off valve put somewhere in the charge pipe system.

Full Races website says it is a twin scroll setup, but the manifold and turbo combo they build for D-Sport mag was T25 flanged (as well as what is pictured on their website). If it is in fact a twin scroll T4 setup, then that is the way to go. If it is the T25 setup, then I would push Peron out of the UK to sell you their T4 twin scroll setup. The T4 divided will spool just as fast as the T25, but with way more power potential as well as opening up more turbocharger options down the road without needing a different manifold.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
If you run an EFR you will want to run it with an SX-E style compressor cover. On our cars, how the EFR's react with the intake and just the natural frequencies, it creates a really audible noise in the cabin that sounds like a squeal and can be quite an annoyance. With that comes the need to have a blow off valve put somewhere in the charge pipe system.

Full Races website says it is a twin scroll setup, but the manifold and turbo combo they build for D-Sport mag was T25 flanged (as well as what is pictured on their website). If it is in fact a twin scroll T4 setup, then that is the way to go. If it is the T25 setup, then I would push Peron out of the UK to sell you their T4 twin scroll setup. The T4 divided will spool just as fast as the T25, but with way more power potential as well as opening up more turbocharger options down the road without needing a different manifold.
Gd info. I believe this is a T25 setup. What is the potential of this setup on our cars? Any benefit over a Garret setup?

Gd info. I believe this is a T25 setup. What is the potential of this setup on our cars? Any benefit over a Garret setup?
With a T25 setup you could run up-to a EFR7163 but I feel the lag might suck something fierce. With a 6258 (320whp capable), with an EFR 6758 (350whp capable). EFR7163 probably 450whp. That is pure speculation. I would need to go through numbers to verify. I think surge would become the problem with the larger frame stuff.

6 months ago I worked with a Borgwarner Engineer who was working with Peron UK to iron out their EFR Fiesta kit issues (audible noises inside the cabin). Going through the Borgwarner MatchBot and rough calculations, the T4 .85 A/R divided would make boost the same as the T25 .64 A/R on our engine. But the turbine housing on the T25 flange limited peak turbine wheel speed and therefor boost pressure which is why Peron went with the T4 Divided. On the EFR6258 T4 they made 380whp and a EFR6758 could be 450whp capable (engine and fueling mods permitting).

In all honesty, I would hold out for the turbos released at SEMA. There is talks of some small frame stuff that is going to be super badass! I can't release anymore than that, but I am half considering that as soon as they are released of having a custom manifold built. Lets just say these small frame turbos will easily surpass our fuel system capability.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
With a T25 setup you could run up-to a EFR7163 but I feel the lag might suck something fierce. With a 6258 (320whp capable), with an EFR 6758 (350whp capable). EFR7163 probably 450whp. That is pure speculation. I would need to go through numbers to verify. I think surge would become the problem with the larger frame stuff.

6 months ago I worked with a Borgwarner Engineer who was working with Peron UK to iron out their EFR Fiesta kit issues (audible noises inside the cabin). Going through the Borgwarner MatchBot and rough calculations, the T4 .85 A/R divided would make boost the same as the T25 .64 A/R on our engine. But the turbine housing on the T25 flange limited peak turbine wheel speed and therefor boost pressure which is why Peron went with the T4 Divided. On the EFR6258 T4 they made 380whp and a EFR6758 could be 450whp capable (engine and fueling mods permitting).

In all honesty, I would hold out for the turbos released at SEMA. There is talks of some small frame stuff that is going to be super badass! I can't release anymore than that, but I am half considering that as soon as they are released of having a custom manifold built. Lets just say these small frame turbos will easily surpass our fuel system capability.
I havent been this excited in awhile! LOL Lmk if you go custom. Id like to go in as well.

Sekred

1000 Post Club

Hi Turboman,

I am running Rodmoe's EFR kit I brought from DHM. I have been running it for over 12 months now and have gotten use to the compressor noise but my custom intake makes less noise than the OE airbox. I think from memory Rodmoe was running the 2JR cowl intake and with the EFR the noise would be unbearable.
Anyway I would still be interested in getting rid of squeal/ringing noise it makes at plus 20psi. Whats involved in fitting an SX-E compressor housing?. Fitting a alternative by-pass valve would not be too difficult. Thanks.

Hi Turboman,

I am running Rodmoe's EFR kit I brought from DHM. I have been running it for over 12 months now and have gotten use to the compressor noise but my custom intake makes less noise than the OE airbox. I think from memory Rodmoe was running the 2JR cowl intake and with the EFR the noise would be unbearable.
Anyway I would still be interested in getting rid of squeal/ringing noise it makes at plus 20psi. Whats involved in fitting an SX-E compressor housing?. Fitting a alternative by-pass valve would not be too difficult. Thanks.
Sekred,

The noise you are hearing is from the air passing by re-circulation valve and it creating a resonance within the intake tract. When going to the SX-E compressor cover it removes the bypass valve. I am not sure if DHM used the EFR 6258 or EFR6758. If it was an EFR 6258 you would need Borgwarner Part Number# 1162 101 3032 SX-E Cover. If it was an EFR6758 you would need BorgWarner Part Number# 1167 101 3004 SX-E.

To convert over, you would need to remove the compressor cover from your turbocharger and re-install the new compressor cover. At the same time you would need to have on of your intercooler charge pipes fitted with an Blow-off/re circulation valve and then run the necessary vacuum hoses.

You would also probably need to drill out SX-E the compressor cover for the boost reference port. It looks like GCG Turbo and Turbotech are both BorgWarner EFR distributors out in your area, they should recognize these part numbers.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Sekred,

The noise you are hearing is from the air passing by re-circulation valve and it creating a resonance within the intake tract. When going to the SX-E compressor cover it removes the bypass valve. I am not sure if DHM used the EFR 6258 or EFR6758. If it was an EFR 6258 you would need Borgwarner Part Number# 1162 101 3032 SX-E Cover. If it was an EFR6758 you would need BorgWarner Part Number# 1167 101 3004 SX-E.

To convert over, you would need to remove the compressor cover from your turbocharger and re-install the new compressor cover. At the same time you would need to have on of your intercooler charge pipes fitted with an Blow-off/re circulation valve and then run the necessary vacuum hoses.

You would also probably need to drill out SX-E the compressor cover for the boost reference port. It looks like GCG Turbo and Turbotech are both BorgWarner EFR distributors out in your area, they should recognize these part numbers.
Thanks for the part numbers, makes things easier. It is 6258 Peron kit by the way.

Waterfan

[MENTION=3707]Turboman17[/MENTION] coming out of nowhere dropping knowledge :)

Newish member?

Welcome to the forum!

[MENTION=3707]Turboman17[/MENTION] coming out of nowhere dropping knowledge :)

Newish member?

Welcome to the forum!
HAHA! I am a lurker for sure (on every forum). I joined as soon as I bought my car (Septemberish of 2015), but really try to stay out of forums until I just can't bite my tongue anymore on subjects I am knowledgeable with (Mainly only turbochargers). I enjoy reading much more and seeing peoples personal trials and tribulations, but contribute when and where I can.

I took a look at the d sport fiesta that is running his kit at auto enthusiast day in so cal a few weeks back. The manifold I saw from the top was completely different then the one pictured on the website or even the d sport mag. The one on the vehicle now is an equal length manifold like the pumaspeed one. Didn't get any more info on the vehicle other then it made 300 who and tq and weight 2300 pounds.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I took a look at the d sport fiesta that is running his kit at auto enthusiast day in so cal a few weeks back. The manifold I saw from the top was completely different then the one pictured on the website or even the d sport mag. The one on the vehicle now is an equal length manifold like the pumaspeed one. Didn't get any more info on the vehicle other then it made 300 who and tq and weight 2300 pounds.
What else did they do to it to get it down to 2300 lbs.? (I never was able to find the latter articles about this car in any copies of that rag.)

What else did they do to it to get it down to 2300 lbs.? (I never was able to find the latter articles about this car in any copies of that rag.)
The last time I saw it in their mag was when they installed the turbo kit and it made 260 who I believe. Haven't heard of it since then. It was pretty much completely gutted with a full spec cage. Only 2 seats in the front. The dash is still in tack but everything behind it is gone and a motec cluster (I believe I might be wrong on the brand) replaced the oem one. The TE37's on the car are really nice in person.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The last time I saw it in their mag was when they installed the turbo kit and it made 260 who I believe. Haven't heard of it since then. It was pretty much completely gutted with a full spec cage. Only 2 seats in the front. The dash is still in tack but everything behind it is gone and a motec cluster (I believe I might be wrong on the brand) replaced the oem one. The TE37's on the car are really nice in person.
It could also be an AiM, Stack, AEM, or Cartek cluster.

So in other words it is now a PURE, track only car. ;)

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the last day of SEMA and the only fiesta news I have heard is that full race added stickers to their widebody fist. Share please