Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Race Fiesta ST Big Turbo Kit

^ now that sounds like fun.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

DaveG99

T25 turbos used to be the stock turbo on a late 90's Mitsubishi eclipse. We used to think they were tiny and hated them. Coming from the DSM world its weird looking at a t25 as an upgrade but I guess it really is. Puts the reality of how small our stock turbos are in prespective.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am still hoping (maybe beyond hope [dunno]) that CP-E develops a complete kit for us based on those new 'G Series' units from Garrett.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
$4400 for 260whp. Woof.

It could likely do more, but... Well, people thought $4200 was pricey not too long ago. And those kits were proven well above 300whp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, even if one deducts the price of that exhaust manifold (which by the looks of it is ABSOLUTELY necessary for this kit to function [dunno]), it is really pricey for that given power output.
(Albeit probably does so reliably, and without going to the ragged edge of a tune, the short block's rotating assembly reliability, or anywhere near that snail's functional limits.)

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Looks under-done to me. That boost curve is all over the place, falls below 20psi just over 6000rpms which should not happen with a 6258. DMH were making around 280 whp at about 22psi using the EFR and they did not spend much time tuning it before they drop it for a Garrett (Rodmoe's car). The Peron EFR kit was producing similar power figures too, 280-290 whp at about 22psi.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Now I am wondering what are the absolute upper limits (RPM, boost, total peak power output) of our BLOCK (given that it is aluminum alloy), even with the very strongest, and most precisely balanced, internals/rotating assembly available on the planet at this time. [dunno]

^^^Now I am wondering what are the absolute upper limits (RPM, boost, total peak power output) of our BLOCK (given that it is aluminum alloy), even with the very strongest, and most precisely balanced, internals/rotating assembly available on the planet at this time. [dunno]
Block is probably fine for what power levels we would see...up to the new GT25-550. Things start to get dicey when you run above 30 psi from what I saw with Issac and DHM, yeah? The deck does seem to slowly deform over time when run above ~400+ HP with poor fuel distribution. Adding 4 injector aux fueling seems to be the best option. The gap between the cylinders close together and ovals out at them. Then, at some point it would blow out and you would lose the cylinder wall. So, could put shim in there like puma speed sells for pretty cheap as insurance. LINK TO SHIM (pics too). Alternatively, these guys sell a thing like this: [video]http://pwnallperformance.com/new-1-6l-ecoboost-bare-block-with-cylinder-support-system-from-cncwerx.html[/video]

SpeedPer6manc3 ran a stroked 2.3L block till they blew a hole out the side at 35 psi and ~700 HP. That is around 300+ HP/L. I remember Deadhook nuking stock 1.6L blocks at around 420 ish at maybe like 32 (?) psi of boost, but it wasn't my car and I don't remember the exact number...but that is around ~260 HP/L. Most of it is all thermal stress from what I understand.

Now, the pistons seems to crack or melt somewhere above ~375+ HP, and you will seem to spin one of the stock bearings in the ~400-420+ HP range. Haven't seen a thrown rod, but there's a first for everything. So, you could probably max out most reasonable turbos with a built rotating assembly, headstuds, and adding a shim into the stock block with good 4 port aux fueling, or just get a nice short block from those guys above.

I've been investigating the speedper6manc3 blocks. Their stage 2 block is rated for 700+ hp which is impressive. This leads me to wonder though how big of a turbo you'd have to strap on to a 1.6 to reach that kind of number. Whatever the size, I feel like you'd have a power band of like 1k rpm unless they have the ability to safely push your limiter to 8k+. Additionally, how would one go about beefing up the tranny to handle that sort of abuse?

pwnall1337

Vendor
I've been investigating the speedper6manc3 blocks. Their stage 2 block is rated for 700+ hp which is impressive. This leads me to wonder though how big of a turbo you'd have to strap on to a 1.6 to reach that kind of number. Whatever the size, I feel like you'd have a power band of like 1k rpm unless they have the ability to safely push your limiter to 8k+. Additionally, how would one go about beefing up the tranny to handle that sort of abuse?
That's a copy/paste from the focus data. I can assure you the OEM block will not hold over 500whp let alone 700whp. Pablo is aware of the website error as I've brought it up while talking to him, he's a great guy and he's working to get the website updated with new information while working on developing parts for the fiesta engine. My engine build is experimental with a re enforced block and I'm testing to see if ford tri metal bearings with proper clearance will hold 500 whp safely.

In regards to the full race kit making 260whp. I retail this kit, I just need to add it to the website, the turbo is interchangeable with the 6758 and 7163. The 6758 is a 4000 rpm turbo and the 7163 will be a 4500 rpm turbo. It seems like for the price, the pumaspeed manifold and atp gen 2 gtx2860r combo'd at ($3050) is the way to go currently for 25 psi @3800 rpm in 3rd gear and 400 whp, but even past 380 whp I suggest a built motor and the pumaspeed deck mod (can be done easily while installing cams) or a re enforced block for longevity. A well known fiesta owner named Chase put a rod through the block at 360~ whp with his DHM gtx2860r kit. It's really a hit or miss with these engines. Jeff looked at 3 blocks that were ordered from ford and he stated the deck heights were all over the place, inconsistent, and machining is required to clean up the block. He's disappointed with the OEM quality control during the production of the block. Some motors are just better than others from the factory.

Our re enforced block as shown below:

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Last edited:
[MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] thanks for clarifying about the speedper6manc3 blocks. I only have about 10,000 more questions about the fiesta block haha. I see a lot of people pouring time and money into developing bullet proof blocks but i still find myself wondering how in the world people plan to make the tranny handle any of that....