Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear wheel well liners

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That's a good idea, but WHY did Ford use this stuff in the first place [???:)], since these fiber things will retain the 'salt soup' our winters soak them with (and allow to get around the edges of, even if they are treated), and help promote corrosion. [:(]

its all about NVH... It makes a tremendous difference in sound deadening when kicking up rocks with our sticky tires compared to hard plastic..
Im glad our fiestas have these fabric liners. my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee also has them.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
To clear up some misinformation. The fabric is water proof. But it can get ladden with ice in winter and can pull itself down. In summer zero issues and it is ment for noise not for any body protection.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Would it be a good idea to Gorilla Tape over the whole thing in the winter, IF that would even stick/stay stuck in the arctic temps??

Everyone with ST's in the salt belt really need to check their rear wheel arches where the dog leg (lower quarter) mates to the rocker. Around the back side where the wheel liner stops it's flat and everything collects there. The paint was completely gone on my vehicle and already has surface rust. I drive a '14 that's only seen 2 winters and always washed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Everyone with ST's in the salt belt really need to check their rear wheel arches where the dog leg (lower quarter) mates to the rocker. Around the back side where the wheel liner stops it's flat and everything collects there. The paint was completely gone on my vehicle and already has surface rust. I drive a '14 that's only seen 2 winters and always washed.
THANKS for that heads up! [thumb]

I will probably brush some Wurth Rust Gard, or POR 15 on that area before winter just to try and head off the salt enabled rust rot, ;)

I'm having trouble visualizing the area your talking about, could you post a quick picture just to show the area of concern (not necessarily the damage)?

What's the best way to post pictures? I'm a noob with the forums haha. In the mean time to describe it as best as possible, look at the side of your vehicle, rear wheel area. See the wheel opening? Look towards the front of the vehicle, In front of the rear wheel. Follow the wheel arch down until you reach the rocker molding. Now reach around the back side and you'll see where the wheel liner ends. There's a large flat spot there where lots of debris collect. Clear the debris and check for corrosion.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=3793]STjake[/MENTION] best for pictures is either something like photobucket or when replying select the "Go Advanced" than select manage attachments and follow the steps to upload a picture to the forum. You may need to resize the picture.

Okay thanks so much! Hopefully this works haha. This is the passenger side. You can see the rough edge where the paint is pealing back.

i washed my car on Sunday and just noticed my rear liners were sagging. just like the pics in post 8

as i reached my fingers to try to find a groove or clip to reattach, a ton of grit and debris was left on my fingers. do i really have to go back to the dealer? i just got it back last Friday from the dealer for a side skirt/rocker panel that became unglued. this car is 3 years old and literally falling apart.
so that's a yes to bringing it back to the dealer? there are no clips/hardware to reattach it myself?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I am running the OEM winter wheels and tires from my wife's 2011 ses that we don't have anymore. the tires have seen 3 winters and now im using them and they rub the hell out of the cloth arches. 15 inch wheels and I think the rubber is 195x60(65)R15. they tand about 3/4 of an inch taller than my 205 40 R17 Yoko SDrive summers

Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old thread, but same issue here in Ohio with the snow and all. Does anyone if installing rally armor mudflaps would help with this?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old thread, but same issue here in Ohio with the snow and all. Does anyone if installing rally armor mudflaps would help with this?
Does not really help. The liner tends to hold the snow/ice and the weight pulls it down.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Mine sagged upon return from warranty work back in 2017 for a water intrusion issue that I ended up fixing myself.
Just now wore through.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good shot of where the rip was located on the new liner so I am not entirely sure whether there is an actual mounting point there or if it was just a general rip in the liner but I added the pictures either way if you'd like to take a look.

I think it's more likely that the mounting point I have highlighted loosened up since I don't really see a mounting spot on the new one where the rip is located on the old one.

The prices were listed on the invoice as "Warranty" so I don't have priced but here are the parts list:

Qty | Part # | Description

1 | AE8Z-54278B51-A | Filler - Quart
2 | -W703505-S439 | Clip
2 | -W703507-S300 | Clip
1 | -W701054-S300 | Fastener
Thanks for the part numbers.
They're not currently available on Amazon if anyone is looking.
Given that other parts were flat out missing from the warranty work, I'm wondering what these are?
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...a/body_and_paint/splash_and_heat_shields.html
1668887709792.png

Any other parts I should look for?

Thanks.

tommy76

Came upon this thread - I have a 2013 Fiesta where my right rear wheel well has rusted terribly. It seems the cloth liner is just making things worse, and more pressingly it's in the way of my attempted repairs.

The car is old and already at 183,000 kms.

Is there any real risk/downside to just removing the one liner and spraying inside the wheel well with a rubberized coating?