Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 Chimes Everytime I Open the Door

I have a 2016 new FiST and I have this issue as well. It is very annoying. I don't know if it is related to the alarm, I have the KARR alarm system installed from the dealer and it is very sensitive. The car alarm goes off at least a few times per week when other people with really loud car exhaust drive by. Does nobody have a solution for this?
Unrelated to your alarm, many others have reported the problem.

I found pulling the battery for about 30 seconds fixed it for me. In about 700 miles since, only came back once and went away on its own.

Sean

Unrelated to your alarm, many others have reported the problem.

I found pulling the battery for about 30 seconds fixed it for me. In about 700 miles since, only came back once and went away on its own.
Sorry solution wasn't the right word, I saw the battery fix. I will try that. What I meant to ask was, Does nobody have an answer for why this is happening?

Sorry solution wasn't the right word, I saw the battery fix. I will try that. What I meant to ask was, Does nobody have an answer for why this is happening?
There are some bugs in the ignition button programming I think. I've noticed a couple other weird things. Last week I hit the button to shut the car off and it killed the engine but left (or quickly toggled back on) the ignition on.

I recently found out an old buddy is now a service advisor for my local dealer, I'm going to ask him about it (and a couple other things) and hopefully get a straight answer.

I wonder if mine is not tied to the seat belt, I disabled the reminder and never wear mine but the light still comes on.

The chime gremlin strikes again...I have the same issue, same circumstances. Also, my auto-up for my window randomly quit working...

OP
S
Thread Starter #26
I've had the chime going for a week now. Longest I've had it go.

Been having the same issue, now that I park in my garage, I like leaving the windows open to help keep it "fresh" and get the damn 3 chime. I notice that if I am out there after closing the door for about a 1 minute, it will then chime again. Might try disabling the seat belt alarm and see if that has any bearing on it

2016 FiST. Same chime issue. It started, like with others, when I started the electronics without starting the motor - pushing the ignition button w/o the clutch.

I did the negative battery terminal disconnect, but that did not fix it for me. I'm convinced that this is a bug in the ignition switch/system. After trying the battery "fix" I got in and out of the car several times, opening and shutting the door and toggled the electronics on and off through multiple cycles without starting the car. Eventually the chime stopped and now it's been gone a couple of weeks... knock on wood.

Now I have a new gremlin. The horn honks twice if I open the hatch first while the car is locked, then open the driver door with the handle unlock button and start the car. Hopefully this one goes away too.

Did anyone get a solid answer on the random chimes? I took mine back a couple weeks after purchasing to have a new key made; long story short it's happening non stop now.

If you get in the car and just put it into accessory (press start but don't press the clutch) do you get any messages on the sync/mft display?

Mine was doing this after I was in and out of the car all afternoon cleaning the windows and I did just that and a message appeared asking if I wanted to clear the warning beeps or something to that effect. I pressed yes and it went away. I'll get a pic if I can get it to come back.

OP
S
Thread Starter #31
It only does it to me when the door is open and I press the button with the clutch not pressed. If I have the door closed it doesn't do it to my knowledge though I haven't put it to the test on purpose. The Sync 3 screen tells me to push in the clutch to start it. Then every time I get in the car for the next week or so it will chime at me. I just live with it. It's not that annoying when it does it and it goes away.

I get 3 chimes everytime I open the door, close the door, everytime I'm sitting in the car while the car is off, etc etc you name it it chimes so annoying. I just hope it does not kill my battery

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think that actually worked!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!
If this is the case, perhaps this happens because the key fob battery is running low? Might be good to keep a spare battery handy soon if these issues pop up.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

If this is the case, perhaps this happens because the key fob battery is running low? Might be good to keep a spare battery handy soon if these issues pop up.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
You happen to know the size of the batter ?

DEss

Where is the "sensor" at?
Do you immediately put the fob there and leave it?
It's the spot on the steering column where you'd normally insert the key for ignition. I put it there whenever it does the door chime.

DEss