Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2 1/8" stainless steel shift knob extension / reverse lockout adapter

Trader history for dave_f (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-I have these made in either 316 stainless or 6061 aluminum. These will never rust or corrode.
-Will raise your shift knob 2 1/8" from the stock location. For me it feels great, and is now aligned with the arm rest.
-With it, you will be able to run your stock shift knob or any shift knob with m12x1.25 thread. Full reverse lockout functions are retained.
-The stainless steel extensions have a good amount of heft to them. The added weight makes for a smoother gear change.

I currently have 5 stainless and 3 aluminum pieces ready to ship. I'll have more made up as needed.

Price will be $55 shipped for stainless and $45 shipped for aluminum.

PM me if interested

Thanks,
-Dave

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
The shift knob is from a '15 mustang. I got off eBay for around $25 I think.

And I should have the shifter extensions ready to ship mid next week. I'll shoot you a pm when I do.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Sorry for the delay but i've got 10 in stock and ready to ship!

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
I sent out a couple of these and still haven't seen and installed pics or reviews! I've still got 8 left if anyone is interested.

JerBear1

Alrighty so I should have done this a week ago, but with the holidays it's been hard to find time. Anyways, I ordered one of these, the steel version, and I must say it is a definite improvement over stock. The weight of the steel one is about the same as the stock shift knob so it not only adds the height but a considerable amount of needed weight into the throw. I say needed because I like the feel of a heavier shift knob. Also, like dave_f said, it brings the knob up above the center console which is about perfect for me. I am 6'0" and so the stock height made me have to reach a bit to get to 5th, as well as having to angle my elbow really awkwardly for the bottom gears (2nd, 4th, 6th) so as to avoid to console. And of course I spend less time reaching for the shift knob in general now :)

That's with the shifter in neutral. I picked up one of CJ Pony Parts' round shift knobs, which I believe is made out of the same resin as pool balls (but is a bit lighter). The knob is actually a little bit lighter than stock. I didn't weigh it but it's probably right around 100 grams. So I know I said I like a heavy shift knob, and I may but something else, but with the added height and weight from the extension, it feels pretty good. It's about as crisp as stock but takes less effort to put into gear if that makes any sense.

I also took some pics in 3rd and 4th so you can see what the throw is like:

3rd

4th

So as you can see, the throw is a tiny bit longer, but there's no way you can run your hand into the console or the radio/temp controls. I honestly don't even notice the additional throw because the feel is so much better for me, but I've never been a "short-throw" guy. Thanks again dave_f for the high quality upgrade. I hope this helps some others make a decision to purchase one of these!

JerBear1

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
JerBear thanks for the review and installed pics! I'm glad it's working out well for you.

I uploaded the pics to photobucket to make it easier for people to view.

Neutral

3rd

4th

thanks again[biggrin]

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
Still have a few aluminum and stainless ones packaged up and ready to ship.

FistSt215

This extension looks so much better than the DHM. Thinking about getting one , but would need a new knob as the boomba won't look right with the extension . The knob in the picture looks perfect !

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
3 stainless and 1 aluminum left. Not sure if I'll make up another batch after these are gone.

FistSt215

Thanks! The knob i have pictured is just a cheap delrin one off ebay.

Here's a link to it if you're interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190824095149?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Send you a PM about the extension but couldn't help it and bought it off eBay lol . Gonna pair this with eBay shift knob and sell the boomba .

Shoot me a pm if you decide to buy the extension [thumb]
I send you a pm but couldn't help it and bought if off eBay lol. Gonna pair it with a green eBay knob I bought and sell the boomba.

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
I was just about to pm you to say the last aluminum one was just sold on Ebay haha. That works then, I'll get that out to you tomorrow morning!

FistSt215

I was just about to pm you to say the last aluminum one was just sold on Ebay haha. That works then, I'll get that out to you tomorrow morning!
Lol thanks . These fit on a FosT too? Just wondering if it does because I might have to get bigger car next year .

Status
Not open for further replies.