Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TurboSmart BOV wiring

Pete

I have a question mainly since I have the MP215 tune from Mountune. If I upgrade to the turbosmart BOV I can not tune out a check engine light from switching over. I know the kit has a "wiring harness" that splices into the wires connecting to the stock BOV. I want to know what exactly are those wires doing? Is their a resistor in there or is it as simple as connecting both wire together to create a loop? I have the means to acquire this BOV locally but it doesn't come with the wires (super cheap deal), and was wondering if I could create the same "wiring harness."

If you have a multimeter check your oem bov to see if you can read the résistance and if so just hook the same résistance to your harness

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #4
Well that is good to know. I do have a multi meter tool so next time I am under there I can check it out. Thanks guys.

fiestaST3

hello! you find out how much ohms is the bov resistor? i m in the same case too..