Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running the Pierce Motorsports Street Suspension Kit?

Been debating on where to begin my modifications lately and decided I dont necessarily need more power. So I'm looking into suspension mods and the Pierce Motorsports street kit has a lot of appeal.

For those running it; was it worth it? Do you feel the handling is better? Is it still a safe drive?

I am running the 6 point front bar and the street rear torsion bar and I love it. The rear torsion bar really impressed me, it really does make the rear feel more planted.

I just ordered their treet package plus the lateral strut bar today. gimme a couple weeks and ill let u know. ps they r running a sale thru saturday using the code veteran2015 to save 10%

I'm running their upper front strut tower brace and trunk brace. The two definitely made a difference in making the car more stiff and precise in corners and seem to have taken a bit of body roll off. Very happy with the combo and considering their two point lower for the front..

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm running the 2 pt brace and will be running the street torsion bar and front strut brace here shortly. That's pretty much their street package, iirc.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I m running PM front 2 point brace, trunk brace and street torsion bar the car is pretty amazing in the corners I am very happy with the setup

Pete

I have the PM race everything. The difference between the street and race is the front chassis bar from 2 point to 6 point and the rear torsion bar on its stiffness/thickness. With my stiff coilover set up (Ford racing coilovers) the car is very predictable in every turn. Turn in is spot on as you can chuck the car into a corner even more than in stock form. With adding the trunk brace and torsion bar the back end rotates to a different feel. What I mean is you get used to in stock form being able to feel when the back inner tire would lift. Kinda like body roll but it really is chassis flex. With the trunk brace and rear torsion bar the rear feels solid and predictable when the back end does slid out. This is due to the factory set camber and toe setting not flexing slightly out of spec like in stock form. It really transforms the car, if you don't track your car I would get the street set up, which is great for canyon carving and autocross.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have the PM race everything. The difference between the street and race is the front chassis bar from 2 point to 6 point and the rear torsion bar on its stiffness/thickness. With my stiff coilover set up (Ford racing coilovers) the car is very predictable in every turn. Turn in is spot on as you can chuck the car into a corner even more than in stock form. With adding the trunk brace and torsion bar the back end rotates to a different feel. What I mean is you get used to in stock form being able to feel when the back inner tire would lift. Kinda like body roll but it really is chassis flex. With the trunk brace and rear torsion bar the rear feels solid and predictable when the back end does slid out. This is due to the factory set camber and toe setting not flexing slightly out of spec like in stock form. It really transforms the car, if you don't track your car I would get the street set up, which is great for canyon carving and autocross.
That's what I'm going with. So recommend the trunk brace also? I'll have the 2 pt brace, street torsion bar, and front strut tower brace.

Pete

That's what I'm going with. So recommend the trunk brace also? I'll have the 2 pt brace, street torsion bar, and front strut tower brace.
I would get it yes. It really enhances the feel when the car pivots around a corner (throttle off oversteer). So if doing what the fiesta was made for gives you a smile, you will be giggling when you feel the difference with the trunk brace. :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I would get it yes. It really enhances the feel when the car pivots around a corner (throttle off oversteer). So if doing what the fiesta was made for gives you a smile, you will be giggling when you feel the difference with the trunk brace. :)
Sounds good. Add that the list.

Waterfan

I must be insane. I only have limited experience with my 2014 CPO (~400mi) but I really cannot feel any major deficiencies in the stock chassis setup in the SoCal canyons. This little FiST is a way better car than I am a driver.

Ironically, I am DYING to modify the car somehow and I always look to wheels/tires (will change to lighter 16x7 or 8 when stockers are toast) and chassis stifferening first (short shift and bushings installation pending :)). And the PM Street Package, etc, is REALLY tempting. But so far I have NO IDEA how to improve upon this excellent stock package.

FiST World problems, eh? :)

FiST Experts and Canyon Vets, help me choose my first chassis mod/chassis mod plan :)

P.S. Have I mentioned recently this little car is freakin awesome? No, well it is! :)

Pete

I must be insane. I only have limited experience with my 2014 CPO (~400mi) but I really cannot feel any major deficiencies in the stock chassis setup in the SoCal canyons. This little FiST is a way better car than I am a driver.

Ironically, I am DYING to modify the car somehow and I always look to wheels/tires (will change to lighter 16x7 or 8 when stockers are toast) and chassis stifferening first (short shift and bushings installation pending :)). And the PM Street Package, etc, is REALLY tempting. But so far I have NO IDEA how to improve upon this excellent stock package.

FiST World problems, eh? :)

FiST Experts and Canyon Vets, help me choose my first chassis mod/chassis mod plan :)

P.S. Have I mentioned recently this little car is freakin awesome? No, well it is! :)

For the most bang for your buck a good tire/wheel combo is the way to go. From there I personally would do brakes this can be as simple as stainless steel lines and pads to a full on Big Brake Kit (BBK), from there the 2 point lower chassis brace would be the third item. That would be a great set up for just canyon carving as your not supposed to be going 100% out on the roads. From there I would say you could then invest in suspension be it lowering springs like Eibach, Mountune, or any other brand. I feel for a car that won't go to the track or autocross, coilovers would be overkill. More so if you are on a budget.

Get the Short Shift kit whenever you can as that is a mod you will always feel whenever you drive. I have the Boomba Ultimate shift kit set to their maximum reduction. And it is so satisfying to shift into gears with a flick of the wrist. Then if you ever feel a stock Fiesta again you will realize just how long of a throw the stock ones are. :)

Waterfan

For the most bang for your buck a good tire/wheel combo is the way to go. From there I personally would do brakes this can be as simple as stainless steel lines and pads to a full on Big Brake Kit (BBK), from there the 2 point lower chassis brace would be the third item. That would be a great set up for just canyon carving as your not supposed to be going 100% out on the roads. From there I would say you could then invest in suspension be it lowering springs like Eibach, Mountune, or any other brand. I feel for a car that won't go to the track or autocross, coilovers would be overkill. More so if you are on a budget.

Get the Short Shift kit whenever you can as that is a mod you will always feel whenever you drive. I have the Boomba Ultimate shift kit set to their maximum reduction. And it is so satisfying to shift into gears with a flick of the wrist. Then if you ever feel a stock Fiesta again you will realize just how long of a throw the stock ones are. :)
Thanks Pete :)

All of the above sounds great. I like the sequence too. Can't wait for the stock tires to give out :)

Does any of it help with the slightly unsettled rear end while braking hard? Or is this just a permanent feature of the short wheelbase and/or solid real axle?

FYI, I did the FSWerks shortshift (25% setting) today. It's awesome :). Got rid of the symposer too, also awesome.