Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

subbing for this greatness here. if i had the money, id shell it out for a DHM kit, BUT... i dont. And i dont take my car to a drag strip very often, so its most likely gonna be a street car that wants to eat civics and such. So i've been hunting around for the best ATP kit :)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
subbing for this greatness here. if i had the money, id shell it out for a DHM kit, BUT... i dont. And i dont take my car to a drag strip very often, so its most likely gonna be a street car that wants to eat civics and such. So i've been hunting around for the best ATP kit :)
Trust me when I say the atp kit will completely suck if you drive it on the street. Unless you get the 2554 like Robk it will be laggy and gutless below 4k. I love my ATP kit and all but do it once and do it right. Go with the [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] kit. If I had to do it all over I would have got the quickspool kit from the word go.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Trust me when I say the atp kit will completely suck if you drive it on the street. Unless you get the 2554 like Robk it will be laggy and gutless below 4k. I love my ATP kit and all but do it once and do it right. Go with the [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] kit. If I had to do it all over I would have got the quickspool kit from the word go.
Big thumbs up for honesty. A lot of people go a route and then adapt that direction as the best way since its the direction they went.

i wouldnt go very big on the turbo. im tuning with Adam right now, and he thinks the gt2550 is the way to go. id like to be around 320wph - ish.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
90% + of our customers daily their car, road race, or autocross. Out of those i have close to a dozen switch over from the ATP for the same exact reason. when you on the street and have to down shift to make any power everytime it gets kinda old lol

Russ

CYBORG is right up my alley, seems perfect for my needs. SS is still evolving it, I plan on Cyborg and then hopefully a solution for fueling someday for e85.....yummyy

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Big thumbs up for honesty. A lot of people go a route and then adapt that direction as the best way since its the direction they went.
Hey i just want to help the community. The ATP kit is a great budget kit but has drawbacks.
i wouldnt go very big on the turbo. im tuning with Adam right now, and he thinks the gt2550 is the way to go. id like to be around 320wph - ish.
The 2554 is the best option imo of the atp kits. RobK makes more torque then I do and nearly as much power with much less lag. 320whp is beyond that turbo imo. 290-300whp should have it tapping out.
90% + of our customers daily their car, road race, or autocross. Out of those i have close to a dozen switch over from the ATP for the same exact reason. when you on the street and have to down shift to make any power everytime it gets kinda old lol

Russ
+1000 I'm so over downshifting even in third sometimes to dig for power. I plan to start competitively autocrossing very soon. So spool is a big deal in my case. Just looking at the dhm set up you can understand why it spools like it does.

Hey i just want to help the community. The ATP kit is a great budget kit but has drawbacks.

The 2554 is the best option imo of the atp kits. RobK makes more torque then I do and nearly as much power with much less lag. 320whp is beyond that turbo imo. 290-300whp should have it tapping out.

+1000 I'm so over downshifting even in third sometimes to dig for power. I plan to start competitively autocrossing very soon. So spool is a big deal in my case. Just looking at the dhm set up you can understand why it spools like it does.
i was looking at the gt2860R actually. i think that would be a nice area for me to sit in. with e30 or meth :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Altitude sucks even with boost, wait until you take a trip to low elevation, take it easy as I almost ran a highly modded Forester XT off the road the first time I got on it as sea level, it was tuned at 5200 ft, yours will be even more dramatic.

Adam's working on my low elevation tune. Revision 2 hit 29.4 psi and maxed the map sensor. My guardian angle opens at 31psi. Lots o timing pulled as you can imagine.

TempeST

So while looking at the big turbo options for the ATP guys. and putting together a way where wspec was saying that the external helped out his spool some. Would getting SourSkittle to take a stock manifold and do the EWG on it and then use an ATP turbo... can this be done? Genuinely curious. could this be an option for the ATP guys to help their spool a little or would this all just bee way too much work for what its worth? just looking into different options. and trying to think outside the box. IDK how much money you would save over going DHM if you save anything at all. lol

TempeST

No no no, I'm not doing this, most likely not going ATP way at all or trying to save money. I'm only curious to see if that's a possible answer for spool for the ATP guys. I'm not looking at doing it.

I was thinking that since wspec says the manifold and EWG option helped his spool. Granted not sure about how much each helped. If doing an EWG on the stock exhaust manifold would help spool the bigger turbos the ATP guys are using.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So while looking at the big turbo options for the ATP guys. and putting together a way where wspec was saying that the external helped out his spool some. Would getting SourSkittle to take a stock manifold and do the EWG on it and then use an ATP turbo... can this be done? Genuinely curious. could this be an option for the ATP guys to help their spool a little or would this all just bee way too much work for what its worth? just looking into different options. and trying to think outside the box. IDK how much money you would save over going DHM if you save anything at all. lol
The design of the hotside housing on the turbo on the atp kit is the problem. The way DHM sets up their kit basically routes the exhaust gasses much more efficiently and thus creates faster spool. The ewg does help spool some, but the overall kit design is why the dhm kit spools faster. The ATP kit is really not that well made and makes a lot of compromises. I have explored every option from custom headers and down pipes to going with [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION]'s ported header with ewg. In the end [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] made the most sense to me, but I want a fast car that I can race every weekend and hurt feelings. A lot of people want different things from their cars. I just wanna go fast.