Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

So if I buy a CHRA with cast wheel and send it to you, can you do all that and install an appropriate billet wheel?

I would love to get wspec top end and Cyborg spool.

I could do that but as I said, it's not a market im looking for. Just want to play along with u guys :) FYi The compressor housing is also required as there are small changes in wheel shape and tip height.

I'm building a custom twin scroll setup on my Fist but will not use a garrett. I've toyed with TS designs for a very long time and can vouch for their spoolup abilities..

I have a good idea but not 100% decided yet. The beauty of owning a turbo shop is having unlimited supplies of various and exotic parts along with the tooling and machines to built just about anything from the ground up. I was thinking about building a custom ball bearing IHI using a Titanium aluminide shaft from the VF36 fitted into a smaller VF38 twin scroll turbine housing. I'm not sure I like the manifold design that I foresee to fit it on the car thought. Decision..decisions..

I wonder why twin scroll turbine housings don't have two separate inlets for the two scrolls? That seems like it might simplify the manifold design if the two scrolls were separated by 30-45° so the collector didn't have to have tubes crossing from one side to the other making an equal length setup very difficult.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just read the whole article, sounds like something I would spend the time and money having done if I ever started racing again.

(I have to be honest, I spend a ton more time and money building cars to race than I ever raced them, I found I liked building more than racing so stopped building race cars and went back to street/track cars as get to use them a huge amount more:)

Brura22

How do our stock internals hold up with these larger turbo builds?
Ive been thinking about saving up for one but dont wanna blow my engine 2 years later

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Amazingly well all things considered, like a proper tune, maintenance, not driving the sheat out of it every second, not pushing the limits on a stock engine.....

Cool thing is a used engine from the junkyard is dirt cheap so I would run the crap out of mine, normally not a big deal to me to swap it out except no shop space as full time RVing so I am slightly easier on it:)

I have seen cars with much weaker engines last for tens of thousands of miles making very good power the whole time.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How do our stock internals hold up with these larger turbo builds?
Ive been thinking about saving up for one but dont wanna blow my engine 2 years later
Two big turbo builds have gone that I know about. One was due to meth (user error); I'm not sure if he's on these forums. The other was [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] pushing the limits at 420+whp. In other words, pretty good, pending what RAAMaudio has mentioned. Our ST has a fairly stout engine and drivetrain, to include the stock clutch.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
At least one or two lugging up a mountain or passing, etc in high gear at low RPM, not a good thing to stress the rods that hard.

Sourskittle.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Another V-Dyno graph. Peron EFR 6258 kit plus tune. TurboSmart E Boost 2. Torque Pro phone app. Still can't get AFR and boost on the graph even though it logs ok.
Fuel 98 RON
Boost 22.5 LBS
Charge temp 75.4 to 82.4 f
Timing advance varied between 4.5 to 10.5 degrees.

Virtual Dyno 6.jpg

Virtual Dyno 8.jpg

What if I can arrange to get my already paid for GT2560R shipped directly to you from MI, do your magic on it and ship it to me in AZ, could you do do it fairly quickly and for what cost????

I am serious, hope I can afford it and can be done right away.

I should be able to have the turbo shipped to you very soon, I just shipped the manifold to MI to mod to fit the new turbo and other parts made so it will be at least 2 weeks, hopefully less than 3 when I have the parts here to put the car together.
Send it out. I will take care of it.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Another V-Dyno graph. Peron EFR 6258 kit plus tune. Torque Pro phone app. Still can't get AFR and boost on the graph even though it logs ok.
Fuel 98 RON
Boost 22.5 LBS
Charge temp 75.4 to 82.4 f
Timing advance varied between 4.5 to 10.5 degrees.

View attachment 8933
Very promising graph. I would love to see the boost curve on this. How much boost is still left on the table ? Or are you pretty much maxed out at this point ?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Very promising graph. I would love to see the boost curve on this. How much boost is still left on the table ? Or are you pretty much maxed out at this point ?
Hi, plenty of boost left at this stage. Air flow is maxing around 33 lbs/min. The 6258 can flow up to 44 lbs/min so its probably the fuel system that's going to limit my set up.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #137
[MENTION=62]Sekred[/MENTION]

You know this already, but it had a ton left in it. 10.5 degrees timing is very low,
22psi is very low.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=62]Sekred[/MENTION]

You know this already, but it had a ton left in it. 10.5 degrees timing is very low,
22psi is very low.
Agree with the timing. Its a OTS tune, Peron call it a production tune so the timing is pretty conservative.
When I was speaking to Peron 6 months ago or so there were talking about data logging soft ware. I don't know what happened with it, appears development got delayed (again) :(

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I realized I still haven't made a contribution to this thread... So, here's some stuff and things. All of these are E30 on aux fuel. I have 93 with and without aux fuel somewhere as well.

I assumed everyone knows my mods, but just in case:

DHM 2867r aka GTX450r with DHM Race cooler and MBRP cat back. Intake is stock box , drop-in and Mountune silicone elbow.

This is where the car sits now on E30.

A couple older revisions.

ATTENTION: This was a test tune. The car was refusing to advance timing. THIS IS NOT a tune I would run. As you can see it's not safe. It's just fun to see how the boost came in. Temps were probably high teens on this log.

If I find my 93 runs, I'll drop them in here too.