Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Maybe once I've had my planned setup for awhile I will consider doing that. The manifold and the other offered pieces are sure nice.

For now I think my setup will be fine on my car while I'm daily driving it.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
We have been working crazy hard refining our turbo kits! We want to show people following this forum what something looks like when you properly design and execute a complete turbo package!!

DHM GTX360r Turbo kit
http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fies...grade/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-GTX360r-Turbo-Kit

This kit will make 300-310whp on 91oct or 93oct NO METH NO AUX NO BS

Max power on the stock engine is 370-385whp with e45 and aux fuel

Built engine will be 420whp+

This is our base turbo kit now. With 20psi coming in at 3200rpm in 4th and sub 3500rpm in 3rd that is more torque that any one will need haha

This is a chassis dyno of the same kit but with a larger exhaust housing and dynojets are very laggy due to the lack of low speed load (Stock vs 93oct vs e45)

Here is a car with a DA of about 3800-4200ft. Stock Fuel System and 110oct race gas

The bottle line to all this is we offer a kit that you truly "get what you pay for". This means we have proven power, spool and reliability all across the country. Sure there are some hybrids with similar spool that you need ethanol mix or meth to get close to 300 and then the turbo is maxed out. No room left to grow. This kit allows you to make 300whp with no BS and stock fuel system and no mixing. With PLENTY of room to grow down the line into more power.

Russ
I cannot like this post enough.

After switching from the 290R kit to the 360R kit with the new Gen2 GTX2860, I can say the car spools faster then it ever did with the 290 kit, and now my car makes a ton more power. I'm pretty sure the 367 whp Vdyno is my car, and with this set up I finally feel satisfied with the power the car makes. This turbo kit makes the car an absolute animal.

Of the turbo kits in this discussion thread, the Deadhook 360R is the best choice of the bunch bar none. Yes the initial investment is higher, but the ability to have the kit grow with your desire to make more power is awesome. If you want 300whp just run stock fueling. If you want to make 360+ whp buy an auxiliary fuel kit and hold on.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I forgot this thread existed.

IMG_4092.JPG

E45, DHM GTX450r, DHM built engine, MBRP CBE, Stratified Aux Fuel and Guardian Angel, 3.5 bar TMAP (33-34psi), CP-e intake, DHM everything else. One day, I'll get a vydno to show spool, but usually rocking 34psi around 5krpm, 20psi around 3.5krpm.

Some Guy On The Internet

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I sometimes have a hard time even imagining that much power being controllable in these cars, especially if one pulls some weight out of them at the same time!! [ohcrap] [twothumb] [burnout]

+2

Here ya go... Two turbo setups in this one: 1.) ATP 2554 and 2.) Deadhook 2863. Same car, both on 92 octane E10 & both tuned by Stratified.

TurboComparo.JPG

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Surprised the 2554 only made that much. How do you like Strats tune?

Sent from my CIA monitored device

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How were the spool comparisons? What did you like about each? Were these the final revised tunes? What are your supporting mods?

How were the spool comparisons? What did you like about each? Were these the final revised tunes? What are your supporting mods?
Final tunes, yeah. The 2554 was a blast around town, the gtx28 moves everything about 500 RPM upstairs so you have to be deliberate about getting it into boost and it is more difficult to modulate boost. The best difference is that while the ATP 2554 was running out of steam on the top end, the Deadhook kit just keeps pulling as long as there is fuel.

Supporting mods look like the usual:
Cobb catted DP (w/ the atp kit)
Catted Deadhook DP
Cobb cat-back
Injen SRI
Cobb IC
CPE hard charge pipes

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Any dyno or Vdyno higher altitude plots available? I am at 4772 ft which is killing the top end and spool not that impressive with the GT2560R so looking into swaping to the GTX Gen 2 2860R but need to know more about the overall torque curve, wider the better and I need more bottom end and top end.

Thanks,
Rick

Brura22

Any dyno or Vdyno higher altitude plots available? I am at 4772 ft which is killing the top end and spool not that impressive with the GT2560R so looking into swaping to the GTX Gen 2 2860R but need to know more about the overall torque curve, wider the better and I need more bottom end and top end.

Thanks,
Rick
Contact DHM.
They're pretty experienced with the GTX gen 2's at altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact DHM.
They're pretty experienced with the GTX gen 2's at altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just had [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] finish up a gtx360r build and it supposedly made 320+whp although I still haven't been given any dyno charts...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks, I have been a bit brain dead lately, tons of sheat, almost all good, going on here:)

That is incredibly good results for that altitude, I need to find a second vehicle very soon as just sold our dually so I can get on board the Gen 2 wagon!

I must of popped something off the other day, went to make a new revision log and only made 10PSI, loaded the prior tune, same results, been to busy to take things apart to find out why.
I still want to maximize the GT2560R before moving on as had it running since July and just not happy with it but getting far better with Purpledrank's tuning.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
With the EFR at 5200 ft I logged several runs showing in the 309 WHP range on 91, moved to NV, 4700 ft, best run showed 320 WHP on 91 but now I wonder how!
I did setup Vdyno properly, used actual car weight as I have scales, my weight accurate, car specs accurate...

Right now showing 265 WHP on the GT2560R and the car is a lot slower but spools quite a bit better but still not great, tuning on 91 right now and just made one run on the top end part of the tune but only making 10 PSI suddenly, something went amiss but I am too busy to look into it just now. Best tune with prior tuner showed 291 WHP, 91 and WMI, sure we will get there and likely pass that but it might just not be enough:)

That said, I believe it should not be difficult get 320 WHP on 93 octane at near sea level but maybe not more as just need more octane, fuel, WMI, etc.....