Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am also looking into the GTX360R as I have the quickspool with a billet comp wheel and at 4800 ft there is a lot of lag, feels worse than the EFR I switched from to deal with the lag it had.

I just reloaded Vdyno and overlaid the last EFR run with the latest quickspool. The quickspool is considerably faster to spool than the EFR but down about 40 ft lbs in the mid rev range making the car feel much slower and it is as it would just rip off like mad with the EFR once it spooled.

Also the EFR made good power to redline but the quickspool falls off rapidly at 6300 RPM which I hope the next tune helps cure at bit of that.

The car is much easier to drive without the midrange donkey kick it had with the EFR so it will be faster in the mountains, autocross, etc as less focus on keeping it on the road as far less torque steer now (I filled the engine and trans mounts while doing the swap which helps as well I am sure)

Corrected data, I am making decent power, 283WHP, 239 ft lbs, 25PSI, still working on the tune though, will make another run this morning.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #262
Is he using the same A/R as everyone else? It's interesting that his spool was quicker with that kit than with the quickspool. I'd like to see the same exact setup he has (A/R wise) but at a reasonable altitude.
half and half 2 of the 4 others are on small housing.

Is he using the same A/R as everyone else? It's interesting that his spool was quicker with that kit than with the quickspool. I'd like to see the same exact setup he has (A/R wise) but at a reasonable altitude.
Here is my car when it had 2560r with billet wheel vs same turbo as 1azst(#116). 3rd gear pulls on 93 pump, the #68 was in winter and #116 was in august about a 40 degree temp difference. I am about 1100 elevation. It basically starts a hair slower down low but by mid boost comes on much quicker, pretty commendable for such a difference in weather. But from my experience the 2560r seems to be much more picky about good air, if you get bad air quality it will drop off much faster than the 2860r, when the same weather hit that the #116 was taken in my 2560r probably lost 2-3 hundred rpm on spool.

I will note, once you go into like e40 you should see more gains up top as well.

Hope it helps.
gtx25 comp.jpg

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Getting better, last run 293 WHP, 253 ft lbs, made power to redline instead of falling off at 6300 RPM, 91 octane and WMI, again at 4800 ft, temp was 72 degrees, charge air temp went up 6 degrees during the run.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I Just called TurbosDirect, they installed the billet wheel on the GT2560R cartridge, going to send the whole turbo to inspect to see what seems to be some sort of mismatched housing, turbine, compressor or whatever as we simply cannot find any other reason why I have 3 PSI at 3000 RPM, 13 PSI at 4000.......