Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
29 years of support, kids will my all summer and still payed when I did not have to...they are my kids, deserve to be taken care of.

Back to the topic, it was a tough call, quick spool or GTX2860R and knowing I might have to change again if that is a bit to laggy for me.....I want a minimum of 300WHP on 91 octane, have the 5th injector setup here to install...looks like the 290R may do all I want so will call Russ about it even though I paid for the 2860 some time ago(old injuries and family issues causing the delay, Russ has been very patient with me!)

Pete

That looks so awesome. I may have to add this to my list of things to do :)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
How hard is this install? What do you do for an intake?
If you can do the down pipe you can do this! No special modifying needed. Everything bolts up like the old parts unbolted.

As for the Intake we Include a coupler to a 2.5" intake which is pretty common. If not you just need to find a coupler or we can include a cold air intake that works

Russ

With two people currently testing this kit and great results so far i can wait until we do the in house calibration on it in the upcoming months! I will get some graphs and more content up tomorrow. I know people have been waiting for this!

http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fies...-hook-motorsports-fiesta-ST-gtx290r-turbo-kit

Russ
I really can't tell by the pictures but does your 290r have the ability to connect to the stock down pipe?

And if it can do you sell just the turbo?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
I really can't tell by the pictures but does your 290r have the ability to connect to the stock down pipe?

And if it can do you sell just the turbo?
No we tossed out all the bad stock geometry when doing this which is most the reason we got the success that we did

Russ

Russ,

The kit looks great, and the price is more than fair. My interest has certainly been grabbed. However, with the wastegate recirculation being tied in after the catalytic converter, is the catalytic option even worth buying? Wouldn't the car still fail any visual and/or tailpipe inspections in States that have emissions testing? I'm glad you give customers the option, but I am just wondering why we should drop the extra cash for it.

Thanks.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Russ,

The kit looks great, and the price is more than fair. My interest has certainly been grabbed. However, with the wastegate recirculation being tied in after the catalytic converter, is the catalytic option even worth buying? Wouldn't the car still fail any visual and/or tailpipe inspections in States that have emissions testing? I'm glad you give customers the option, but I am just wondering why we should drop the extra cash for it.

Thanks.
You shouldn't

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Lol but seriously we only did it for people that really want it and no it WILL pass all emissions test. We don't recommend the cat but some people want it.
Russ

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Russ, what do you think the power potential with a recirc wastegate vs an open dump? I've read its a big deal, but I figured I'd ask the man :)