Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

Lol but seriously we only did it for people that really want it and no it WILL pass all emissions test. We don't recommend the cat but some people want it.
Russ
WILL or WILL NOT pass all emissions tests? PA will give exemptions for catless vehicles if they pass a dyno load tailpipe test.

I hate PA...

The other option, of course, is to cut a section out of the exhaust pipe and shove a converter there.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
WILL or WILL NOT pass all emissions tests? PA will give exemptions for catless vehicles if they pass a dyno load tailpipe test.

I hate PA...

The other option, of course, is to cut a section out of the exhaust pipe and shove a converter there.
WILL pass! This is a GESi cat very high end cat which is why the cost is what it is. It will pass emissions with flying colors. We don't do anything half ass. If we put a cat in there it better work haha if not why the heck would you do it. These cheap aftermarket cats that 90% of companies use will work for a period of time but will eventually fail or is a restriction from the start.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Assuming not cat on either.
The external makes more power but it's not like it's some math that you can toss at every application. For 90% of street cars if they have a proper size exhaust the recirc is just fine. It's more about what the customer wants than it normally is about the little bit more power.

I mean my car made 355whp on the stock "restrictive" ("" according to other vendors) exhaust with a gtx3076r on 93oct and stock fuel system lol

Russ

I hate PA...

Preaaaaaaach

Could be worse. California doesn't allow ANY engine modification, as far as I can tell. A tune, maybe, but a bigger turbo? A cam swap? Hell, even a CAI is, by letter of the law, illegal if it hasn't already been pre-approved by the Board. It doesn't even matter if a custom car passes a smog test. You're forced into Show or Display.

In PA, they visually check that you have a catalytic, an ERG, a PCV, no Check Engine light, and send you on your way. Except for Philly. Tailpipe testing is required in Philly.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I got nailed on Coronado Island for having a bigger than stock tail pipe, then had to pop the hood, almost had to have it towed, fix it ticket, back to stock, get inspected, talk to the judge....first turbo 1ZZ Matrix ever, had a cat and passed tailpipe text.....:(

I prefer to run a cat to deal with the stinky exhaust and do a small part for the planet we live on though I know it does not help much so I am going to talk to Russ about it on the GTX swap.

PM on the way.

EDIT: I just saw the picture of the catted DP, great job on it, now need to know how well it will still spool, any heat issues, power loss, longevity expected.....

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
I know you guys talk a lot about needing something that spools quick and can make 300whp and 300wtq this is the kit you have been looking for!! Let me tell you it will make that and more!! Only option for 300whp+ that will drive and have response close to stock.

I don't know about you guys but when cruising in 6th gear best part about the stock car is the ease of acceleration to pass people or get back up to speed. Low rpm response is everything when it comes to original feel of the car.

This video is comparing 6th wot acceleration. Same car and same turbo! Only difference is DHM quick spool kit vs ATP and pumaspeed manifold.

You be the judge look at rpm and boost

DHM GT290r Quick spool kit

https://vimeo.com/147249017

VS

ATP GT2560r kit with PumaSpeed Quickspool manifold

https://vimeo.com/147249340

Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I know you guys talk a lot about needing something that spools quick and can make 300whp and 300wtq this is the kit you have been looking for!! Let me tell you it will make that and more!! Only option for 300whp+ that will drive and have response close to stock.

I don't know about you guys but when cruising in 6th gear best part about the stock car is the ease of acceleration to pass people or get back up to speed. Low rpm response is everything when it comes to original feel of the car.

This video is comparing 6th wot acceleration. Same car and same turbo! Only difference is DHM quick spool kit vs ATP and pumaspeed manifold.

You be the judge look at rpm and boost

DHM GT290r Quick spool kit

https://vimeo.com/147249017

VS

ATP GT2560r kit with PumaSpeed Quickspool manifold

https://vimeo.com/147249340

Russ
The ATP/Pumaspeed video even loaded slower (for me at least lol.)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hey Russ...

Not sure if I missed this but did you post results for the new quick spool kit yet showing boost profile?

thanks!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Hey Russ...

Not sure if I missed this but did you post results for the new quick spool kit yet showing boost profile?

thanks!
What do you want to see? I can get it for you. Let me know the details of what you want.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Hey Russ...

thanks!
Also do you want a lay over of the atp kit or just the quick spool thanks!

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
What do you want to see? I can get it for you. Let me know the details of what you want.

Russ
I think you were going to post your final dyno results with the new kit installed showing hp / tq / boost profiles?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
I think you were going to post your final dyno results with the new kit installed showing hp / tq / boost profiles?
Yea we have not really dug into "Final" results yet for a few reasons. One of the cars is getting a AUX fuel to push the limits of this kit. Also I have Rodmoe's car getting that kit installed right now for use to tune first hand and then put on a chassis dyno. So you will see more content very soon. I did ask a customer just now to get me a few full pulls of his current 93oct tune.

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yea we have not really dug into "Final" results yet for a few reasons. One of the cars is getting a AUX fuel to push the limits of this kit. Also I have Rodmoe's car getting that kit installed right now for use to tune first hand and then put on a chassis dyno. So you will see more content very soon. I did ask a customer just now to get me a few full pulls of his current 93oct tune.

Russ
Thanks! That would be very helpful to see what the quick spool kit looks like installed without aux fuel system for comparisons...

You mentioned your currently seeing 300whp/300wtq with stock like response results...Think could you post those results (even if only v-dyno) for us now so we could to get an idea as to what the curves are looking like with the new quick spool kit?

much appreciated...and thanks again!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Thanks! That would be very helpful to see what the quick spool kit looks like installed without aux fuel system for comparisons...

You mentioned your currently seeing 300whp/300wtq with stock like response results...Think could you post those results (even if only v-dyno) for us now so we could to get an idea as to what the curves are looking like with the new quick spool kit?

much appreciated...and thanks again!
we have a bunch of VD but we have a issue of spinning the tires in 3rd so tq show 350wtq haha i will get you something soon. Let me look and see if i have a full clean pull.

Russ