Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

39 degrees :(
Must be nice....
It was 85 here today. The lows are like 75 degrees at mid-night, lol.
Ehh I wish it was warmer it makes it hard to get clean 3rd gear logs because the tires don't want to grab. It's actually in the 20's now, been driving in the snow with z2 star specs...

On the newer tunes it has been as warm as low 60's and I haven't noticed much of a difference in power, spool is seems to vary more by the quality of air more so than the power does.

Also, I was looking at the Garrett web site and was trying to figure out the difference between the GT2560r and GTX2860r.

From the impeller diameters, it seems like the GTX is smaller. Is the GTX billet impeller so aggressive that it spoils the spool? Is there something I'm missing?

Is that sound between about 4,500 and 5,200 tire spin or turbo noise?
Just turbo noise, its apparently common with any big turbo kit you get. But i think each has its own particular flavor, it was worse on my last header and piping setup I had.

Also, I was looking at the Garrett web site and was trying to figure out the difference between the GT2560r and GTX2860r.

From the impeller diameters, it seems like the GTX is smaller. Is the GTX billet impeller so aggressive that it spoils the spool? Is there something I'm missing?
I think you are accidentally looking at the specs for the gt2860r and not the gtx2860r

Several differences from the 2560r, the gtx2860r has bigger turbine and compressor, and on a different turbine housing, its also a billet wheel design.
To be fair I also have a billet wheel on my 2560r (gtx style but mostly the same to fit the normal housing, bigger inducer, taller blades and narrower root)

Nope, it surprised me so I double checked and GT2560r was in the comparison. Maybe the web site is messed up?

What is the story with your billet wheel? Who did it come from and what kind of cost is involved?

Thanks.

koozy

3000 Post Club
It looks like the time is near for those that have been patiently waiting.
The wait and build time has been a non-issue for me, especially when I see results like this from Cory![cheers]
I see lots of love and pride in his craft and skills each time he drops a dime on those welds. He should sign his work!

Is your name on one of these badass puppies?
m1.jpg

m4.jpg

m9.png

m3.jpg

m5.jpg

m2.jpg

m6.png

m7.png

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That looks amazing. Fantastic work fab guys !
Russ, where can I buy that expansion bit you have for the wategate outlet?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
In 10 days or so I will be sending my DHM EFR manifold to Russ to convert it to a GT2560R with catted and WG back into DP setup as well as BOV into intake as I like it as quite as it can be:)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] thank you for the updates!! We have been working hard!!

Russ

Quick question, what is the thread pitch of the exhaust studs? I want to order some stage 8 locking nuts to make sure the header doesn't loosen up.