Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

koozy

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION]

What are the hex-headed nubs sticking out of the top of each of the header tubes?
they are for fine tuning tools. They're plugged off in the photo, but they are for EGT sensors for measuring temps in each individual exhaust runner to help see if the cylinder is the right air/fuel mixture per tuner's goals. I believe that manifold was Russ' old one which he since has sold and used to develop his big turbo kits and tuning parameters for them.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I got my turbo blanket and header wrap yesterday, now I just need a big box from DHM.

By the way, what is the thread pitch on the exhaust manifold bolts, I want to order some Stage 8 locking nuts so I don't have to worry about header leaks at the flange.
I'm 98% sure they're M8x1.25.

I got a bushing in the mail.

Unfortunately it is for a Fiesta Mk6, not a Mk7 ST.

Now I have to deal with an international shipping return.

koozy

3000 Post Club
the kit has arrived. My boys thought it was their delivery box of treats and tried to claim it. [biggrin]

I want to thank Russ[MENTION]DHM[/MENTION] for accommodating my special requests to make the kit work with my requirements. If you can dream it, Russ can likely make it happen.

everything nicely wrapped and items labelled where needed.

charge pipe.

intake elbow adapter to turbo from stock OE intake tube.

turbo manifold.

GESI catted downpipe with recirculating wastegate discharge pipe.

oil drain tube. it's all in the details.

the kit has arrived. My boys thought it was their delivery box of treats and tried to claim it. [biggrin]

I want to thank Russ[MENTION]DHM[/MENTION] for accommodating my special requests to make the kit work with my requirements. If you can dream it, Russ can likely make it happen.

charge pipe.

intake elbow to turbo from stock OE intake tube.

turbo manifold.

oil drain tube.

Great pics! Very thorough

koozy

3000 Post Club
Correct, it's now included because of me lol.
ok, cool. thanks for reminding everyone. when you mentioned it back then it was hard to imagine what you were referring to, but now with the pic and your confirmation I'll make sure not to forget! haha

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #137

charge pipe.

intake elbow adapter to turbo from stock OE intake tube.

turbo manifold.

oil drain tube. it's all in the details.
Glad you like it we really try and make each kit for exactly what the customer wants. These are no mass produced parts and work with each customer close.

We know our kits are a big investment and want to make it worth it in every way possible.

Can't wait for you to get installed!!

Russ

KKaWing

Proper rotational order [rockon]

[video=youtube;UPphDSc6ZEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE[/video]

DaveG99

That is beautiful! Forgive my ignorance but what is the oil drain tube for? And also what size pipe is at the bottom of the down pipe? 2.5"

koozy

3000 Post Club
That is beautiful! Forgive my ignorance but what is the oil drain tube for? And also what size pipe is at the bottom of the down pipe? 2.5"
The oil drain tube is for the oil return back to the oil pan from the turbo, just like the stock turbo. The difference is the new tube accommodates the new location of the new turbo. What's nice about the DHM tube is they assembled and welded pipes to the fittings with flex bellows for OE like fit and finish. It's more elegant and time consuming than using a piece of hose to connect the ends. The size out of the downpipe is 2.5", matching the Cobb cat back I have.