Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

DaveG99

Nice. DHM makes some awesome turbo kits. When it's time for me to upgrade I'm likely going the DHM route. Can't wait to hear about it once you drive it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION], I got the cover off trying to clock it. Is there a reference point on the CHRA you use to clock it? I think I got it close, but if I can get it on the money all the better.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION], I got the cover off trying to clock it. Is there a reference point on the CHRA you use to clock it? I think I got it close, but if I can get it on the money all the better.

it should have been clocked are you sure it wasn't??? Dave having his not clocked was a mistake. Also ill be out in the shop best to text or call. I got ref pics now that its off thought.

Russ

Is this picture before or after you took it apart? It looks pretty much perfect here.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Is this picture before or after you took it apart? It looks pretty much perfect here.
that's after I clocked it to see if you guys can tell me if I got it right? Russ just sent me a ton of pics to reference from, but I'll know how close once I'm on my back, LOL
I prefer to have it right, that way I don't have to go back and forth.

JasonHaven

Any dyno charts of this kit on 93? Don't necessarily care about super peak numbers, but would like to see what the power bands look like.

Here is a quick one I found. This one is with aux turned on, to make this much at the top with stock system the a/f gets in the 13's and is not safe so everybody's car will be slightly different but I think with the aux off 300whp was my safe number but you wanted the power curve and this is pretty standard for me, sometimes better depending on weather.

93 with aux.jpg

that's after I clocked it to see if you guys can tell me if I got it right? Russ just sent me a ton of pics to reference from, but I'll know how close once I'm on my back, LOL
I prefer to have it right, that way I don't have to go back and forth.
It looks good to me.

koozy

3000 Post Club
It looks good to me.
I was close, but still off when I referenced the pics Russ sent me. I had to clock both the turbine and compressor housings. I took advantage of the situation and put nickel anti-seize on the turbine housing bolts.

Here's my final clockings until I try to install it, next to one of DHM's reference photo.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
FINALLY [wrenchin]

After a very long time with no place to work on the car, moving, old injuries acting up, I got the EFR turbo system off yesterday so I can send you the manifold, etc, to mod to fit the GT2560R (billet wheel upgrade, catted DP, recirc BOV and WG)

I paid for the change last June, about time to get this done, thanks for your patience in this.

Rick

V_2

That torque curve is gorgeous. Just want to thank Russ for taking the time to answer my (misguided) questions over email. Hoping to get my order placed before the end of the month!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] honest to god, i would love to get this kit. but looking at the Canadian dollar, i couldnt justify the amount it would cost to get one. but ohhh do i want.

Edit:

Dead Hook Motorsports "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit
- Downpipe: Catted Downpipe
- Wastegate: Recirculated into Do..
- Intercooler Option: ADD DHM Race Crash B..
- Powdercoating Option: ADD Black Powdercoat..
- BOV Option: Turbosmart BOV (incl..
- Exhaust Option: No Thanks
- Aux Fuel Option: No Thanks

With this as my setup the cost without shipping and taxes for us here in Ontario (13%). the price is 7726.35 + tax and shipping, looking around 10K. this will never be an option for us up here unless you happen to be loaded $$.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Release!!!

[MENTION=40]lessard.dcj[/MENTION] it sounds like you need a runner... How far away from Detroit, Michigan are you?

Dude, you're 8 hours away from DHM. What issues are there with coming across the border (besides identification) if you were to bring it to his shop and have it installed?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Back when I ran my business I used to ship to CA all the time when there was USPS ground but when it went away I would ship to border towns for pickup, UPS or FedEx was cheap.

In this situation, taking a couple of days to drive down, get an install, drive home, sounds pretty damn cool to me:)

Of course it does not help with the exchange rate but taxes and shipping adds up to quite a significant sum.

Rick