Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Released

Trader history for DHM (0)

DHM1

1000 Post Club

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
DHM "Quick Spool" GT290r Turbo Kit Release!!!

How quick of a spool?

Will this kit be able to hit 20psi somewhere between 3200~3500rpm?

sub'd for results....

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How quick of a spool?

Will this kit be able to hit 20psi somewhere between 3200~3500rpm?

sub'd for results....
I know this doesn't answer the question directly, but here's some food for thought: My car makes 20psi at 3600rpm on the 2867r kit.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I know this doesn't answer the question directly, but here's some food for thought: My car makes 20psi at 3600rpm on the 2867r kit.
I recall seeing that...

Would be really nice to see a kit finally offered that was able to hit 20psi by 3200rpm...really hoping this new quick spool kit is indeed quick spooling...

Very eager to see results posted soon!

Cannot wait to see results!!

To bad the girlfriend is getting a ring next month, or I would have placed the order for the kit today. I guess there is always next year! Cant wait to see the results!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I recall seeing that...

Would be really nice to see a kit finally offered that was able to hit 20psi by 3200rpm...really hoping this new quick spool kit is indeed quick spooling...

Very eager to see results posted soon!
we are working on the calibration a ton! So far the best is 20psi by 3350rpm in 4th. As for Hijinx car that super fast spool is only when its really cold out. He has the best air quality out of all my customers. The norm on the GTX2867r is 20psi by 3800-4000rpm. The big thing with the quick spool is you get that very low lag when cruising or in transitional states. you also gain a decent amount of throttle control. I will have some more videos and more info soon.

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
we are working on the calibration a ton! So far the best is 20psi by 3350rpm in 4th. As for Hijinx car that super fast spool is only when its really cold out. He has the best air quality out of all my customers. The norm on the GTX2867r is 20psi by 3800-4000rpm. The big thing with the quick spool is you get that very low lag when cruising or in transitional states. you also gain a decent amount of throttle control. I will have some more videos and more info soon.

Russ
Sounds like you've been making great progress here....I like what I'm hearing! [twothumb]

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION]

im sitting at 450' ASL here and as far as cold air goes, it's hard to beat Canadian winters. although not a customer of yours.... yet..

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Sounds like you've been making great progress here....I like what I'm hearing! [twothumb]

this is a small sample of the spool increase. This is the same car and the same turbo. the only diff is my manifold, WG, DP, and exhaust housing set up vs the puma speed "quick spool" manifold and atp kit.

This log you see here is interesting. Where the pull stops is where the Wastegate stops commanding 100%. you can see how much more and how much faster our kit is vs this other set up. People ask where the money diff is this is it.

When you add up the atp kit, a bov kit and a "quick spool" manifold you have spent with in the same amount we charge for our Quick spool GT290r kit.

Again more info soon!

I wish I could drive to Michigan right meow! If I decide not to pull the trigger on the RS I ordered you'll be hearing from me in the spring so I can barbeque some tires next summer [driving]

airjor13

2000 Post Club

On the list of things to do.....

I am probably going to A) divorce my wife or B) wait for tax return time, then take a trip up to Michigan to have DMH get this done!! This kit is a thing of beauty :drools:

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I wish I could drive to Michigan right meow! If I decide not to pull the trigger on the RS I ordered you'll be hearing from me in the spring so I can barbeque some tires next summer [driving]
I am probably going to A) divorce my wife or B) wait for tax return time, then take a trip up to Michigan to have DMH get this done!! This kit is a thing of beauty :drools:

I am going to A) Divorce my wife....I died when I read that. People at work looked at me like I am crazy. haha. I am almost tempted to return the ring I got for my girlfriend haha