Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on Rustproof/Undercoating ?

Hello everyone I live in Buffalo NY area which we get depressing amount of snow which results in significant amount of salt as well. Wanted to see what people's thoughts on undercoating/rustproofing for our fists.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #4
Spoke to a guy that does that and he says he drills holes into the panel. is it something that I should be worried about

Personnaly I dont like to drill hole over the year those hole do rust even with the plug. You put the antirust trought the drain hole in the door and the fist rocker panel already have big Rubber plug underneath the car. If you really want à top notch job remove the door panel and remove the trunk side plastic panel so you can shoot antirust between the rear wheel panel and rear body.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #7
Personnaly I dont like to drill hole over the year those hole do rust even with the plug. You put the antirust trought the drain hole in the door and the fist rocker panel already have big Rubber plug underneath the car. If you really want à top notch job remove the door panel and remove the trunk side plastic panel so you can shoot antirust between the rear wheel panel and rear body.
Oh man. Decisions decisions

Had mine done when I bought it.I don't drive my baby in the winter but if she rusts Ford will have to cover it.

KKaWing

Just a note, the rustproofing spray also protects the wiring connectors as well. I don't believe the person that did my car needed to drill any holes. If they did, it looks OEM...

Fluid Film offers good winter protection though it requires re-application unlike those rubberized undercoat that will last longer.