Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Most of the aftermarket rims I am looking at are saying +42 or +45. Love the way ot drives - didn't want to screw it up

iso100

1000 Post Club
Those sub-10mm offset changes do far more for the visual aspect than anything performance related. You should be fine.

Think of it this way: In "stock" class autox, you are extremely limited in what you can do to your car. Even adding a short-shift kit will take you out of stock class. But they will allow you to go +/- 1/4in (6mm) of offset and stay "stock," so you can reasonably expect the handling change to be relatively insignificant. We are running et42mm on 16x7 and car still rotates and handles as well as ever.

CanadianST

Anybody have any leads on some nice 15" or 16" x8 wheels? Looking at picking up a pair for the front to run some nice wide slicks when I go to the strip. If worse comes to worse I'll even run steelies lol

Siestarider

I replaced OEM wheel/tire with 16x7 OZ Ultras and 205x45 BFG Sport Comp tires. Amazing change in ride, compliance replaced harshness, quieter, just as sticky, great in rain. Might have sacrificed a touch of turn in, but good trade if so. Assume my happiness has more to do with unsprung weight reduction than brands, but don't really know. Total package from Tire Rack about $1500

Kiguel

Stock Fiesta ST Wheel Information:

Fiesta ST Spare Wheel & Tire Size:
15"x6" - 45.7mm
Tire Size 185/60 R15
Speed rating H
Load rating 84
Usage All season

Fiesta ST Bolt/Lug Pattern:
4x108
You may want to change the offset quoted for the spare from "45.7 mm" to "47.5 mm". I looked in my manual and I think you may have transposed the numbers when typed into the forum posting.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I have new OZ Ultraleggera wheels (17 x 7, et 42) that I will be moving the OEM tires over to. I would eventually like to replace the OEM tires once they wear out. I'm looking at the Dunlop Drezza DII star specs. I've been told that their 225/40R17 will be too wide. What is the widest 17" tire I can get on a stock or lowered (BC coil overs) Fiesta ST? Any tires that are better than the Dunlops? Only looking for summer performance tires. Thanks. What is the best width 17" tire for the FiST. I'd like to improve handling, not degrade it with the wrong tire choice.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I have new OZ Ultraleggera wheels (17 x 7, et 42) that I will be moving the OEM tires over to. I would eventually like to replace the OEM tires once they wear out. I'm looking at the Dunlop Drezza DII star specs. I've been told that their 225/40R17 will be too wide. What is the widest 17" tire I can get on a stock or lowered (BC coil overs) Fiesta ST? Any tires that are better than the Dunlops? Only looking for summer performance tires. Thanks. What is the best width 17" tire for the FiST. I'd like to improve handling, not degrade it with the wrong tire choice.
With 225/40/R17 you'll be close to the fender as I was before at ET38 on 215/40/R17 17x8 wheels. I was fine at stock height, but every tire company may run slightly different and I using Yokohama S-Drive.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
So nothing a little fender pulling, fender tab trimming couldn't solve. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the BC coilovers, so I would drop the car about .7"

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So nothing a little fender pulling, fender tab trimming couldn't solve. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the BC coilovers, so I would drop the car about .7"
Mine was lowered at about 1" on BC coilovers and it only scraped a few times on harsh bumps at high speeds. You might be ok at .7".

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I heard the Bridgestones S04 pole position were great summer tires. And they pretty cheap. That's what I'll be running next year when my stockers go out.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
215/40/17 Dunlop ZII's fit no problem on 17x7 +42 wheels. That is what I run for my track setup. No fender modding needed.

However, if you run more negative camber, the tire is pretty close to the strut, it works fine but you won't be able to go wider tires than that without spacers or a lower offset wheel.

I currently run -2.1 camber in front with coilovers.