Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intuit

3000 Post Club

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Rather than read over 200 posts.
How will a 16x8 with a +20 offset fit?
Thx in advance guys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Never mind yall. Kept reading other threads. Seems I would need some camber adjustments and I would rather not mess with that. I'll just go with 16x7s

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

thinking about getting 16x8's with a +25mm offset.... Would this rub or be just ass flush as this set up?

codestp202

Hey all, I'm sure this has been posted but I'm looking for some feedback:

Currently running msw type 85 17x7 with federal rs-rr 215/40 on track. Car has eibach sport springs so its lowered a bit.

I just ordered a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 40 offset. I'm going to DD these wheels with 205 tires for a while until the RS-RR's are burnt out on the track wheels. If I slap on some RS-RR 235/40's on the 17x8 konigs, does anyone know if I will rub on suspension parts? I'm guessing I'll have to do a fender roll on the front and rear.

Any input on this?

Erick_V

I run 17x8 et40 Rota Titans, 215/40 RSR and BC Coils. I can fit a finger between my tire and coil, 225 would be really close to the coil and the fenders

I noticed that Mod Bargains did these for you. I was also wondering if a slightly wider tire would work considering they are slightly stretched with the OEM size. A 215 perhaps?

Fiesta ST Wheel Size, Bolt Pattern, Offset & Tire Information

Fixed

Last edited:
I run 17x8 et40 Rota Titans, 215/40 RSR and BC Coils. I can fit a finger between my tire and coil, 225 would be really close to the coil and the fenders
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I’ve just ordered my 2018 Fiesta ST and am going to run Rota Titans as well, 17x8 in either et40 or et45. I am going to be on Mountune springs,stock shocks, so about a 1” drop. Want to run Falkenberg Azenis RT615K’s on them.

Do you have pics of your setup so I can see? Are you happy at et40? Would et45 be pushing it a little bit on the inside edge?

Secondly, according to this, 225/35 R17 would actually be the closest to stock diameter, but everyone is running 215/40 R17 instead. Is this because of the low 35 ratio sidewall profile?

Thanks for your time!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The Yoko s.drive is one of the only tires available in a 225/35-17, and it's tread width can be matched by many of the 215/40-17s out there, albeit they are all 200 tread wear or less, whereas the s.drive is a somewhat more 'streetable'/longer wearing 300 tread wear rating.

Business6

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I’ve just ordered my 2018 Fiesta ST and am going to run Rota Titans as well, 17x8 in either et40 or et45. I am going to be on Mountune springs,stock shocks, so about a 1” drop. Want to run Falkenberg Azenis RT615K’s on them.

Do you have pics of your setup so I can see? Are you happy at et40? Would et45 be pushing it a little bit on the inside edge?

Secondly, according to this, 225/35 R17 would actually be the closest to stock diameter, but everyone is running 215/40 R17 instead. Is this because of the low 35 ratio sidewall profile?

Thanks for your time!
There's next to nothing for tires at that size, mainly.

Also, there's less stretch being applied to the tire at 215 compared to 205 but both more vertical and horizontal clearance than 225 all things being equal (they're not, in reality) so 215/40 on an 8" is likely to be the goldlilocks tire size. The calculators can only give you a basic idea of what to expect but they can't account for some tires running wider, narrower, etc.

Erick_V

I'm very happy with how they look. I would stick to the et40, it sticks out just enough to fill the fenders but not rub too bad. I do rub but its only on really big bumps where my coils do a lot of compression, mind you I'm also kind of low.

https://www.wheeldude.com/wordpress...esta-st-on-17x8-e40-rota-titan-in-hyper-black

This guy is a little lower than me. I stuck to a 215 because I didn't want any clearance issues, after seeing how close my tires are to my coil (Federals run a little wide, I kept this in mind) I'm glad I stuck to 215. I also have stock fenders, no roll or pull on them.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
On stock suspension, this would likely hit you go over bumps. 215/45R17 verified works on stock though.
215/45R17 Will rub with aggressive cornering, at least mine do. Just picked up some coilovers to take care of it. (also rubs on the nuts for rallyarmor flaps)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Doubt it. It'd likely be way too wide. Set it to the "215 55 r17" size that you brought up earlier, as an example of what won't work. Then enter the "205 50 R17" as a comparison.