Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Man my birthday is Saturday but it came early....today my ST overlays in dark red (to match my Ford oval overlays) AND my Boomba beanie and bottle opener arrived!!!

Kudos to the fine folks at Boomba for sending it!!

Edit: Pics removed due to Photobucket debacle. [:(!]

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Kick the AC on while stopped in traffic - see if you notice the vibration then. For whatever reason, I had to essentially 'shake' the bushing with the AC once to get it to settle down. The initial time though? Wow it vibrated.

I left the AC on for the duration of my drive and haven't had an issue since. You'll really notice the difference from a standstill when you get on it while in sport mode. Next up will be wider / stickier tires!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Kick the AC on while stopped in traffic - see if you notice the vibration then. For whatever reason, I had to essentially 'shake' the bushing with the AC once to get it to settle down. The initial time though? Wow it vibrated.

I left the AC on for the duration of my drive and haven't had an issue since. You'll really notice the difference from a standstill when you get on it while in sport mode. Next up will be wider / stickier tires!!
Thanks for the thoughts there. I had the defrost on today which engages the compressor and there was zero NVH/rattles. My RMM (and entire stage 1 kit) was used so it was already broken in when I got it.

In other news, I'm happy with the dark red ST overlay - it's a subtle difference but matches my red FORD oval emblem overlay much better than the stock red color of the ST logo.

Pics:

Those trees reflecting off my hood look like Venom is taking my car over.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Cool thanks. I think that the RMM helped with my 1st and 2nd gear traction issues a bit, since the install the tires don't seem to spin as bad as without.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Today I put a Homelink unit from a Jeep Cherokee into my visor. This is one of a few things I was surprised that this car didn't come with from the factory, so I added my own on the cheap. It looks very OEM with the visor up; when it's down the vinyl wrap that I used to cover the holes is obvious, but since it's black and dark it's not too bad. Pretty decent mod for $6 spent at the junkyard. More info on this in my separate thread.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
I have a few new appearance mods on order, and some that arrived....today my free (because China sent me the wrong one, and refunded it, and for some reason could not send the right one, so here we have it, but I kinda like it) e-brake dressing....I didn't think I'd like this but I do. It was $7. I'm keeping it.

Next, I ordered some 38% tint vinyl to experiment with the 'teardrop' part of the lights, which I'm not sure if I like....the idea (did this in my TSX years ago) is to get rid of that orange. This picture is a quick job, if I keep it I'll pull this piece off and cut one to fit perfect, this was just to see how it looked:

I'm gonna drive around for a few days and think on it. The turn signals show through plenty bright even in the daylight so that's not a concern.

On the way:
Cobb FMIC
VelossaTech BIG MOUTH super snorkel
Velossatech ST wheel caps and emblems

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Today I cut and fit the vinyl overlays. They came out pretty great and I think I'm gonna keep these on the car. Adds a nice finished feel. These are garage pics at night, once the car is clean next time it's sunny I'll grab some better pictures.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
2 updates for the Fiesta:

1, I did my first all highway trip, some mountain driving, no passengers, 414.5 miles / 12.22 gallons = 33.92 mpg. Not too shabby. Computer said I got 35.0.

2, Yesterday I painted the small trim and the front and back of the car. I saw another member use vinyl to color these areas red. I was inspired and went with graphite gray. 3 coats of plasti-dip underneath in case I want to reverse it. It looks really great, subtle but a nice accent to the black, keeping with the black/grey scheme with a hint of red.

[biggrin]

Excited to get my Velossatech badges and wheel caps hopefully soon to complete the look.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Installed my VelossaTech center wheel caps and emblems today. I ordered a small one for the back, the OEM one looks too big and gaudy for my taste.

twolf

I'm surprised our wonderful GA cops haven't pulled you over for that plate cover yet. Any reason you're not in the ATL ST Club?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
I'm surprised our wonderful GA cops haven't pulled you over for that plate cover yet. Any reason you're not in the ATL ST Club?
I've had that cover on my last three cars, it moves from car to car. Never been a problem.

Atlanta is a few hours from me and I wouldn't be able to make meets often. But maybe I can make it sometime, is there any info online for this group?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Washed the car, nice and spiffy....loving my new appearance mods!

Got my catch can in the mail yesterday and bought some RP oil...will install/change sometime soon. Big mouth is waiting to be installed too, probably this spring. I painted it a deeper red more to my liking.

Last edited:

twolf

It's a FB group. We have two big meets per year, one in winter and one in summer. I think last meet, we had like 80 Focus/Fiesta STs.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
2 new mods showed up in the last few days:

1, my JBR catch can....going to install sometime this week when I have time. Very nice quality piece. I chose this one over the others because I liked the large size, mounting area, and drain plug option. After mounting I'll be doing my first oil/filter change.

2, my Velossatech BIG MOUTH....not planning to install this for a few months (along with FMIC), though while I'm waiting I did paint it a deeper red as I wanted a better color match for the other red stuff (badge - also custom painted, calipers, oval overlay) on the front of my car.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Added a JBR catch can and check valve this morning. Haven't driven it yet but I'm sure all is well. From what I've read and seen in terms of blow-by, this is a must for our cars. I like the JBR because of placement and the drain valve feature. It is well made and looks great too.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Today I did my first oil change at 7,640 miles. I used Royal Purple 5w-20. This oil has been amazing in my 3 previous vehicles in terms of both reliability and improved MPG.

twolf

Today I did my first oil change at 7,640 miles. I used Royal Purple 5w-20. This oil has been amazing in my 3 previous vehicles in terms of both reliability and improved MPG.
7,640 miles on a turbo car in between oil changes is a no-no. you're a braver man than myself! I change mine at 4-5k max, full synthetic. First oil change sooner, because break in.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
7,640 miles on a turbo car in between oil changes is a no-no. you're a braver man than myself! I change mine at 4-5k max, full synthetic. First oil change sooner, because break in.
MY first oil change done by Jeff since ownership to clarify.....I bought the car at 4,400 miles at which time the dealer changed it...so really it was changed after 3,240 miles.

However in reading the manual it calls for oil and filter change every 10,000 miles.

The oil that came out of the car actually wasn't too dirty at all.