Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

twolf

MY first oil change done by Jeff since ownership to clarify.....I bought the car at 4,400 miles at which time the dealer changed it...so really it was changed after 3,240 miles.

However in reading the manual it calls for oil and filter change every 10,000 miles.
That is much better. I know what the manual says, but I'd still recommend doing it no less often than 5k, it's cheap insurance :)

Edit: Manual actually "suggests" 5k miles or 6 months, and explicitly says "do not go over 10k"

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Got my FMIC in the mail today...a used but clean Cobb:

Edit: Pics removed due to Photobucket debacle. [:(!]

Hoping to install this week if time allows, along with my BIG MOUTH and PM chassis brace.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Good luck with the install!
Thanks! I'm still surprised how easy it is to work on this car, the teardown was super easy. I got everything apart as picture in a mere 30 minutes. But I ran out of time, but I have a few hours tomorrow so I'm gonna see how far I can get.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Well today all my dreams came true and I finished installing all planned hardware for my car. I really think I'm nearly done; I planned this out in advance and today we are finished. All I need is a custom tune and I'll be done.

Specifically, my Cobb FMIC and BIG MOUTH are in. Install was quite easy and I am very happy with the added power. As I said elsewhere, the car feels like a WRX now.

Pics: (Cobb FMIC painted black)

So happy with this car. Feels complete. Quiet, sleek, smooth, fast.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
Today I finally got around to installing my Cobb AP A-pillar mount. Did a slight bit of modification to it so it would sit a bit higher than it would have otherwise. I've been datalogging and monitoring more than ever now with my custom tune so this is nice to have installed.

I'm on V3 of my Tune+ tune. Just installed it today. Unfortunately I cannot drive the car much because it is monsooning down here in Georgia for the next few days, but I'm hoping to get another log before long.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
2 updates in the last week or so:

1, Resonator delete. This added a bit of sound which has been pleasant. Also I swear the car is a tad faster though that's surely not the case. Noise ------> Placebo effect. Still my AP reads a bit higher estimated torque than before, so who knows.

2, Boomba short shifter. Along with my quick shift adapter this is a great mod. Only took a short drive after install but knob position is much better, a bit lower, and throws and gate are noticeably reduced.

Now, this resonator delete has me looking at exhausts, though I swore I wasn't going that route.....
About how long did the complete boomba short shifter assembly take to install (including the underhood pieces)??

Any specialized interior piece removal tools needed, or just the 'basics'?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
About how long did the complete boomba short shifter assembly take to install (including the underhood pieces)??

Any specialized interior piece removal tools needed, or just the 'basics'?
I did the under-hood part a few months before the behind-dash parts. Were I to do it all together I'd day 2.5 hours first time, if I did it again it would go quicker. None of it is very hard, the quick shift adapter took about 10 minutes. The inside stuff is a little trickier but with basic tools and some confidence it's not too bad. The only part that required any thinking was finding those white clips that shot off into the abyss once I pulled the trim piece off the dashboard. Other than that it's just legos. There's no "PITA" moments in these installs like there are in other installs. I've done short throw shifters in 3 other cars though so it sort of made sense. Just take your time, allow much longer than you think you need, and enjoy the install.

I did not do the shifter base bushings nor the tranny plate bushings, I wanted to keep some suave in my shifter and I love it as is.

Hope that helps.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Hey Jeff, hurry and install that CBE already!! Lol
Hey what's up, not all of us get to hang out in Hawaii like you.........I'm busy man!!!!!!!!! [biggrin]

But seriously I'm taking Tuesday off and plan to get it on then. Get it on!!!!!!!!

For now, I have this to look at when I go out into my garage....

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
Finally installed my CBE. Sweet!

I'd share sound clips but this sounds exactly like the ones on youTube. Quiet, mellow, VERY bassy, no drone at all. Sort of takes the sound level increase from the exhaust resonator delete and multiplies it by 3. The sound at idle is quite awesome.

A car guy would hear it and know there was something there, normal people wouldn't notice until maybe the car went WOT.

Might get some exhaust hangers so it hangs maybe an inch lower. Also I'm considering painting the visible part of the muffler can black for stealth.

Great mod!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
I recently added a set of Cobb exhaust hangers along with a symposer delete.

Also, some thoughts on MPG as it relates to mods....

I have been carefully tracking my MPG for the last few decades of driving. With the FiST I've tracked all 20 or so fill-ups since I bought the car. As with other cars I have modded in the past I have noticed that the mods I tend to do (bolt-ons + tune) I am seeing a steady MPG increase as long as I maintain my conservative driving patterns.

So, I've seen my MPG go from 30.31 to 33.42 over the time I've owned my car. This is great.

My route is about 30% interstate and 40% country roads and 30% stop and go traffic. This is the same route I've driven for all the data I'm presenting here.

I won't share every tank but here is a simple breakdown:

STOCK
6 tanks averaged 30.31 MPG

+ ROYAL PURPLE OIL
1 tank, no change

+ FMIC and BIG MOUTH and TUNE and CAI
10 tanks averaged 31.03 MPG

+ EXHAUST
1 tank, 33.42 MPG

Not sure if the exhaust tank is an anomaly but I did notice at the halfway mark I had about 15 more miles than usual. We'll see though after a few more fill-ups.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I love how you went from 'I swear I wasn't going to get exhaust' to the next post being 'I'm hoping to install my Mountune CBE soon!'. That made me chuckle.

Nice looking car - have you changed the front transaxle oil?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
I love how you went from 'I swear I wasn't going to get exhaust' to the next post being 'I'm hoping to install my Mountune CBE soon!'. That made me chuckle.

Nice looking car - have you changed the front transaxle oil?
Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I just finished a year-long project at work that nearly killed me so I decided it was time for a present.

I have not changed out the tranny oil. I did with several previous cars and enjoyed the results but have not felt the need to with the fiesta. Why do you ask?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Temps are dropping a bit here so I thought I'd take a quick log, car feels great in the cold (well, high 40s...better than high 90s...):

Also I just realized I haven't added any pictures of my custom vinyl work here so voila: