Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I just finished a year-long project at work that nearly killed me so I decided it was time for a present.

I have not changed out the tranny oil. I did with several previous cars and enjoyed the results but have not felt the need to with the fiesta. Why do you ask?
On the subject of tranny gear oil, what is everyone using? I also have often swapped out the oil with great results. Each car I have tuned or been involved with seems to have their favs. Same with engine oil, some cars just seem to love certain fluids.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^CG and others like the Royal Purple Synchromax, others still, who live in year 'round warm climes, like the sky high viscosity index Motul Gear 300 75W-90.

I have the Motul DCTF on order from Summit (it TOTALLY meets the Ford spec for this transaxle), and will probably try the Gear 300 in the summer. ;)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Update....14,700 miles and I changed my oil and emptied my catch can....

Royal Purple 5w-20

About an ounce in the can, this was about 5,000 miles worth...so glad I did this mod...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you use the API GF-5/ISLAC, and Ford 945A certified RP 5W-20 oil, or the totally non-approved, 5W-20 HPS series stuff?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's ONLY a "concern" if one worries about Ford denying an engine internals warranty (as I am currently since I CANNOT afford to replace this engine). Not sure you were being facetious/sarcastic or not above.

Even though yes, they must prove beyond any doubt that your non-approved/certified oil (albeit possibly of even higher quality/standards/specs than their 'certified' oil) CAUSED the failure, but WHY give them any ammo, since a used oil analysis costs them much less than a new engine/install labor??

Otherwise (and once mine is out of drive/power train warranty) I would use the non-certified 'boutique' oils (Red Line, Motul 300V, Amsoil Signature Series, RP, JGD, Torco, Millers, etc.) in a heartbeat. [wink]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
It's ONLY a "concern" if one worries about Ford denying an engine internals warranty (as I am currently since I CANNOT afford to replace this engine). Not sure you were being facetious/sarcastic or not above.

Even though yes, they must prove beyond any doubt that your non-approved/certified oil (albeit possibly of even higher quality/standards/specs than their 'certified' oil) CAUSED the failure, but WHY give them any ammo, since a used oil analysis costs them much less than a new engine/install labor??

Otherwise (and once mine is out of drive/power train warranty) I would use the non-certified 'boutique' oils (Red Line, Motul 300V, Amsoil Signature Series, RP, JGD, Torco, Millers, etc.) in a heartbeat. [wink]
No ill will, I genuinely appreciate your concern and hope that your pointing out the difference will help others not to get the wrong stuff should they use RP oil.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
A couple new mods for me:

1, my build number plaque, all the way from Austria...
2, my custom striped shift boot, all the way from Poland...

Edit: Pics removed due to Photobucket debacle. [:(!]

Loving the redlinegoods stuff....the boot matches my RLG armrest cover which matches my recaros quite nicely.

Now, I'm gonna get a shift knob....tried the JBR but it was too beefy. Let's see here...

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That boot is just flat out PERFECT!! [thumb]

You could go for the Speed Dawg knob with the single grey/silver stripe on it to keep the theme going. [wink]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
That boot is just flat out PERFECT!! [thumb]

You could go for the Speed Dawg knob with the single grey/silver stripe on it to keep the theme going. [wink]
Thanks for that M-Sport....I saw those Speed Dawg knobs and looked through the entire shift knobs thread (and tried a JBR a few months ago) but I've decided to try the GT350 knob...one is on the way as we speak. I like the leather feature and the red coloring, plus everything I read about it is pretty positive. Hoping to see it in the mailbox next week!!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Haven't updated in awhile, a few new mods installed...........

GT350 shift knob
RLG custom shift boot
Build # plaque
Partial tail tints (trial run)
Boomba wing riser kit

Not the best pics but I was in a hurry after install.

Also I've got some Boomba solid shifter washers waiting to be installed. Wasn't going this route but I got bored so I thought what the heck let's see how it feels for a mere $22. I've enjoyed solid bushings on previous cars, we'll see how the Fiesta takes to them.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
Installed my shifter base bushings.

Meh. I'll drive it tomorrow and see how I like it...I've had these on other cars in the past, it was a decent mod then, we'll see after a few days of driving how it suits me in the Fiesta. I wasn't going this route but somehow I ended up with a set in the mail so they went on the car. I was able to install start to finish in about 20 minutes - I've taken that part of the car apart so many times now it's a breeze.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
Love the small details in this build - very nicely composed.
^^^ agreed. If I ever did a build, it'd be really close Jeff's build.
Thanks guys!

Today I installed my new shark fin antenna which was $24.02 shipped from eBay. I did a little review with a bunch of pics if you want more info. I'm very happy with the look and it fits perfectly.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Installed my shifter base bushings.

Meh. I'll drive it tomorrow and see how I like it...I've had these on other cars in the past, it was a decent mod then, we'll see after a few days of driving how it suits me in the Fiesta. I wasn't going this route but somehow I ended up with a set in the mail so they went on the car. I was able to install start to finish in about 20 minutes - I've taken that part of the car apart so many times now it's a breeze.

I decided I am not going to do these unless I also finally go with the boomba handle as well, IF I can possibly set it to the shortest throw position, and work without ANY 'bind', combined with the 30% reduction Mountune shift 'plate' already installed. [wink]

I already have the boomba washers on the under hood cable bracket.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #79
Washed/waxed detailed the car today, plus here are some pics of my mudflaps which I finished installing last evening....

Last edited: