Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

Thanx, Jeff!

I had a problem and you may have solved it.

I'm thinking of replacing my '15 OW with a '17, because I would rather have the newest version of this series of FiST, with our bullet-proof 1.6 engine, than next years "updated version".

Thought I wanted White Platinum, but they don't offer it in Canada (?????), so the choices are Shadow Black, Orange Spice or Magnetic Grey.

I like the black, but I don't like how the diffuser panel (a key design feature, in my opinion) is "lost" in the dark colours.

You seem to have solved that: the silver accent makes the panel "pop" on the black and and your diffuser blades make it pop even more!

A beautiful build! Most of your choices are exactly what I'd like for my car.

You've got my vote for Fiesta of the Month!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Yeah the subtle grey accents here and there really add some ninja to the car for sure.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
Dr. Pumaspeed I presume?

And yeah I'm gonna totally get that same shift boot Jeff, it's too perfect!
That's the plan. I'm selling some things to fund the rest and hoping to be live within a few weeks. Of course, this goes contrary to everything I've said about staying stocker for the last year. More on that thought process later....

Yeah the shift boot is real nice, they make nice stuff.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
OK the madness has begun.

NOTE: Turbo upgrade was not in the plans but I a few weeks ago I came across the deal of deals and one thing led to another....going on the car this weekend is a Cobb DP, X47, Tune+ WGA, one step colder plugs, and ported manifold. Turbo is 2,000 miles old, price was right, everything fell into place for me on this one.

Spent about 2 1/2 hours today getting started. Planned to do this over 2 days since the car was hot...however this went way faster than I thought it would. Having a friend who knows what he's doing and has all the right tools helps!

I'll do a full review thread once I've got everything on, tune finalized, and a dyno. But till then a few thoughts....tonight we got the necessary trim/heat shields, along with the DP, turbo and manifold out. Tomorrow is swap WGA etc. and reinstall day. Things went unbelievably fast....a DP/CBE bolt broke but other than that everything came off super easy. Even the downpipe came out in literally 3 minutes once all the bolts were removed. I did pray beforehand, maybe that was why. In any case here are a few pictures from tonight's exploits...

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Mr. Snake there kept appearing in the shop. A bag of mothballs later and he was not to be seen.

More updates coming....Hoping for near-stock spool and about 285 with this setup. Once I'm happy with the tune I'm planning to get a dyno pull done just to cap it off. Should be a nice upgrade from bolt-ons!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Ahh, the bug has finally bit our friend Jeff, looking good brother!

Sent from my CIA monitored device

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Who is your tuner? I imagine you've got vdyno's on your stock turbo for comparison?

Congrats! You'll love the fact the car is alive past 5k rpm now.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
Ahh, the bug has finally bit our friend Jeff, looking good brother!

Sent from my CIA monitored device
Yeah, I couldn't refuse the deal I was presented. As much as I enjoyed the stock turbo/bolt-ons it was time for some real power.

Welcome to the Rebel Alliance, Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the welcome good sir.

Who is your tuner? I imagine you've got vdyno's on your stock turbo for comparison?

Congrats! You'll love the fact the car is alive past 5k rpm now.
I have a lifetime tune with Tune+ and will be comparing everything once I'm on my final revision. I'll likely start a new thread with my comprehensive review from all angles as I like to do, I'll compare "stage 3" with the X47 for sure there.

So we finished today. Shout out to Daniel aka [MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION], who sold me his turbo/manifold and guided the install process and did most of the work quicker than I could hand him tools. What a guy! I'll be helping him paint his house as a return favor for his kind help on my car. Hey - he's selling some stuff here, you should buy it from him.

Today added another 3.5 hours so the total start to finish here is about 6 hours with lots of chatter and snake handling in between. That's removal of cowl, headlights, intake, heat shields, all water/oil lines, sensors, stock DP, manifold/turbo, swapping WGA and plugs, and then everything on with new gaskets etc. Only broke one bolt, a DP/CBE bolt. Car started right up, smoked just a tiny bit, and then it was off for a test drive on the base tune.

Of course I'll have tune revisions coming in the next few weeks but initial impressions are as follows...

- love the new growl with the Cobb DP...
- getting used to the famous Pumaspeed whistle around 3k, along with other new sounds of spooling and such...reminds me of when I big turbo'd my Scooby back in the day...
- the car feels a bit puny down low now as I'm only hitting 20psi but again I'm on the base tune so that will change...
- 4,000 rpms+ feels great immediately, the car actually goes now, what the heck!
- spool.....one of my biggest wonders was wondering about the spool, and it is unchanged...if anything it actually seems to be there earlier or build better...maybe the ported manifold helped in this...very very happy with this.

OK overall this was one of the more involved wrenching projects for me but it went smoother than ever, things were peaceful and pretty simple. I thank the goodness of God that things went so easily. Hardest part of reinstall was getting the manifold heat shield back on. And those headlights!!! Dangit, took 10 minutes! But no hitches.

Pics below....notice the difference in the ported manifold!

[raceflag]

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

I'll post updates when I get my tune revised...I'm expecting about 285/295 on 93 though the summer heat (97 today) might not allow that.

Thanks for reading!!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Um, yeah like I didn't think you were ever going to go there. I'm jealous but happy for you.
Sometimes the temptation is just overwhelming.

It happens to the best of us! ;) LOL

But yes, VERY happy for Jeff, and if I got even close to those numbers he's shooting for on 93, I'd be doing double backflips ALL day long!! [:)]

Yeah, I couldn't refuse the deal I was presented. As much as I enjoyed the stock turbo/bolt-ons it was time for some real power.

Thank you for the welcome good sir.

I have a lifetime tune with Tune+ and will be comparing everything once I'm on my final revision. I'll likely start a new thread with my comprehensive review from all angles as I like to do, I'll compare "stage 3" with the X47 for sure there.

So we finished today. Shout out to Daniel aka [MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION], who sold me his turbo/manifold and guided the install process and did most of the work quicker than I could hand him tools. What a guy! I'll be helping him paint his house as a return favor for his kind help on my car. Hey - he's selling some stuff here, you should buy it from him.

Today added another 3.5 hours so the total start to finish here is about 6 hours with lots of chatter and snake handling in between. That's removal of cowl, headlights, intake, heat shields, all water/oil lines, sensors, stock DP, manifold/turbo, swapping WGA and plugs, and then everything on with new gaskets etc. Only broke one bolt, a DP/CBE bolt. Car started right up, smoked just a tiny bit, and then it was off for a test drive on the base tune.

Of course I'll have tune revisions coming in the next few weeks but initial impressions are as follows...

- love the new growl with the Cobb DP...
- getting used to the famous Pumaspeed whistle around 3k, along with other new sounds of spooling and such...reminds me of when I big turbo'd my Scooby back in the day...
- the car feels a bit puny down low now as I'm only hitting 20psi but again I'm on the base tune so that will change...
- 4,000 rpms+ feels great immediately, the car actually goes now, what the heck!
- spool.....one of my biggest wonders was wondering about the spool, and it is unchanged...if anything it actually seems to be there earlier or build better...maybe the ported manifold helped in this...very very happy with this.

OK overall this was one of the more involved wrenching projects for me but it went smoother than ever, things were peaceful and pretty simple. I thank the goodness of God that things went so easily. Hardest part of reinstall was getting the manifold heat shield back on. And those headlights!!! Dangit, took 10 minutes! But no hitches.

Pics below....notice the difference in the ported manifold!

[raceflag]

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

I'll post updates when I get my tune revised...I'm expecting about 285/295 on 93 though the summer heat (97 today) might not allow that.

Thanks for reading!!!
Ill have to say it was one of the easiest installs I've done so far! your going to love the X-47!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That red stripe is sweet looking on the cover. [thumb]

The badge is cool as well, but I would want to be 'stealth', and not let anyone know what is under the hood when you take off like a rocket sled, "Nope, it's a pure factory stock EcoBoost Sigma 1.6" [histerical]

But then again, only those in our enthusiast 'sphere' would even know what it means. ;)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
^^^That red stripe is sweet looking on the cover. [thumb]

The badge is cool as well, but I would want to be 'stealth', and not let anyone know what is under the hood when you take off like a rocket sled, "Nope, it's a pure factory stock EcoBoost Sigma 1.6" [histerical]

But then again, only those in our enthusiast 'sphere' would even know what it means. ;)
Thanks man! Yeah I was just sitting there bored in my garage cleaning up and saw my red pinstripes on the supply shelf and there we were. It really looks good.

My car is a stealth build but I have enough little accents to make it stand out just a bit. For my last four or five cars I've gotten in the habit of putting some sort of custom emblem that would not be understood by most people. The engine series number, the turbo model number, something like that. Most people don't notice a FIESTA and most won't notice the x47 badge until they see it pulling ahead of them quickly!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Video clip? Huh? Nothing to see here just a boring Ford Fiesta!

A few more pics to share........while I had the red pinstriping out the other day I also did this:

Hosted on Fotki

And, my Accessport cable tabs have broken, I suppose from excessive use/datalogging/tune revisions. I haven't been obtuse with the cable or anything, but the other day the tabs broke. So getting it unplugged to get my logs to my tuner (next AP4 needs to have wireless capability for real) meant getting 2 screwdrivers and pressing the area where the tabs were to pull the cable. Until I invented this:

Hosted on Fotki

It's a finger clamp from my daughter's MRI visit yesterday...got glued some plastic tabs to it and viola, AP cable with broken tabs remover!